IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

1st half summary:

Decent enough, feel that Huddersfield walk a tightrope defensively for their pressing principles abd playing from the back.  Fine when it happens but we broke the lines too many times, to not think there will be more chances.

Too really good finishes from Fam....second one was one of those funny ones, where easy to drag wide.  Lovely pass from Palmer, who made the first challenge his.

When Huddersfield do get it right they are a handful....they just load and load.  We’ve defended crosses really well, Kalas especially.

Vyner a lot of tracking to do, which he’s doing well.

Fam a naughty challenge, it bit later in the game abd might’ve got a red (no logic in that though)!

Bakinson made some really nice passes out there.  Wells and Fam is stretching them both ways to give Bakinson some nice lanes.

Semenyo quite quiet so far.

Just need to break those lines once more, be clinical and it’s game over.  I don’t think the Terriers can play differently.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed the first 20  now on Robins TV.

Was a bit of a Palmer sceptic but he seems to be producing- as do the side! Worry still about the formation a bit, but Mariappa-Mawson-Kalas-Rowe, this can be compact. Great save by Bentley.

Thought Diedhiou took his 2 goals excellently, Hunt towards the end of the half kept us 2 up- great! Only real low spot the Rowe thing- missed bits as I say, how bad is/was his injury?

@Davefevs I seem to recall in the past you mentioned Diedhiou at Angers was different to how we have often deployed him here- do you think this is more of the Diedhiou of Angers? Goals today were a long way from high balls or high crosses into the box- than some of the ways he has been deployed in the past.

Yes, he liked running onto through balls.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

We look so much more threatening without Martin up there. 

Think Martin does and definitely will have his uses- but if I had a criticism of things, it was overplaying him- he was very effective early season, but he'll have to win back his place on merit and that's good- depth promotes competition, and competition drives standards.

2 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

and he frankly looks ridiculous in those awful suits

I think he looks very smart, and I love that suit. 
Better than having Downer in a trackie and baseball cap. Or Knights looking like she’s working in a bank 

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

If the website is right City u23's 2-1 up away at Swansea, scored after 20 seconds and just before half time.

Where are you finding this? I've looked on the website and can't find it. Ended up looking at the first team photos and discovered our requirements to be in the first team squad. You have to have stuck out ears. There's hope for me yet.

1 minute ago, red from the blue side said:

Where are you finding this? I've looked on the website and can't find it. Ended up looking at the first team photos and discovered our requirements to be in the first team squad. You have to have stuck out ears. There's hope for me yet.

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/OB_EV19628412/swansea-u23-vs-bristol-city-u23

I trust this link for the score https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/professional-development-league/

But William Hill seem to have updates like 'dangerous attack' and the goals update at pretty much the same time as flashscore

Archived