IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

That was easily our worst second half performance of the season. Zero shots on goal and after the highs of 26 minutes in, when Huddersfield with their high defensive line appeared there for the taking we simply stopped competing in midfield and were overwhelmed.

Very lucky to win.

Or you could say it was our best defensive 45 minutes of the season, given that Huddersfield must have had 80% possession... ?

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus, they had 27 attempts at goal (though only 6 on target).  Interesting to see what happens if a team simply chucks caution to the wind.  I’m struggling to remember when a team last put us under the cosh like that.  And breathe...

Norwich.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus, they had 27 attempts at goal (though only 6 on target).  Interesting to see what happens if a team simply chucks caution to the wind.  I’m struggling to remember when a team last put us under the cosh like that.  And breathe...

You’ve not watched many games this season then. Off the top of my head Norwich, Forest, Reading, Coventry...

3 points behind Bournemouth in the play offs. Imagine where we’ll be when we turn it on! To be fair, at the start of the season who would have thought we’d be starting with a central midfield partnership of Vyner and Bakinson - youngsters keeping us in contention and hopefully players like Pato and even Williams will be available to challenge shortly. 

We just retreat so far towards our goal which lets them come onto us. So lucky not to concede 2 or 3 there. No idea why we brought on Martin at a time we need everyone to work their balls off. He's to slow and just ambles about. Prefer Edwards who has pace and can close down their defenders. Defend from the front.

Shameful second half display - how can Holden begin to justify that utterly dreadful embarrassing performance. 

ps yes I know we won - but I have no pride in a team that wins like that - we were completely dominated for an hour and had simply nothing to offer except a good goalkeeper. Awful, horrible to watch.

Just now, desert said:

Shameful second half display - how can Holden begin to justify that utterly dreadful embarrassing performance. 

ps yes I know we won - but I have no pride in a team that wins like that - we were completely dominated for an hour and had simply nothing to offer except a good goalkeeper. Awful, horrible to watch.

Oh, he will

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Or you could say it was our best defensive 45 minutes of the season, given that Huddersfield must have had 80% possession... ?

It's never a good defensive display when you constantly give the ball back to the opposition to have another go, and they got ball into the box *so* easily. Lucky we got decent centre backs and goalie.

Enjoyed the first half, enjoyed the result.

2nd half- we had to absorb so much, possibly should have shifted to 3 in CM earlier.

Great result, shame about the injury- much to work on still from 2nd half. Huddersfield are and have been a strongly possession first side- Corberan learnt under Bielsa and getting some tips (possibly loanees off him too)- element of mates rates again, but that's football.

There is power to add- Mawson has retutned, the talk of Sessegnon, Williams, Paterson also returning? Plenty more still unavailable...let's hope Rowe isn't out long!

Archived