IGNORED

Lampard

Rocking Red Cyril

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

OK it seemed SL had contact with Mr. Gerrard concerning our free managers post pre DH. 

Will he approach  Lampard now with DH just on years deal ? 

Would be an intersting move with possibilities I feel 

Please tell me you are joking...? 

Not about the ridiculous suggestion of FL, but that you don't actually understand the concept of a 1 year ROLLING contract...! 

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

OK it seemed SL had contact with Mr. Gerrard concerning our free managers post pre DH. 

Surprised it took someone this long to post this, I predicted we would have seen this thread yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Think he’ll be looking for a club with a higher profile than us atm.

16 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I am sure he will enjoy being told what to do and who he can/cannot sign by Ashton even more than having a budget of £0.00 as all the next 3yrs available money will be gone in paying his wages.:dunno:

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not about the ridiculous suggestion of FL, but that you don't actually understand the concept of a 1 year ROLLING contract...! 

It's amusing how many times this has been explained to people 

There's going to be a lot of surprised people later this year 

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Time and time again I see posts/comments regarding “one year contract” and can’t be asked to correct them, so pleased you have!

17 hours ago, phantom said:

There's going to be a lot of surprised disappointed people later this year 

:) 

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Have we been mentioned in the betting for Rafa's next job?

He’s quitting tennis?

Aside from the fact there is no real possibility of this ever happening, I do wonder whether Lampard will ever become a great manager.

He was a media darling of the golden generation and will no doubt land another good job somewhere soon, but is it because he is a talented manager or is it because of who he is and was as player? Seems like another ex footballer who will block the path of up and coming managers who have not had his stellar career or BAME coaches who continue to be underrepresented 

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

18 hours ago, phantom said:

And time and again I see people posting that above. I suggest you both get off your high horses and perhaps read about them before trying to correct people!

"The 12 Month Fixed-term Contract is well understood by most people to be one that ends automatically when the season ends but many are confused when the word “Rolling” is included. Many users of social media have said that they interpret a 12 Month Rolling Contract to be a standard Indefinite-term contract as defined in the first section above and the notice period for either party is 12 months, rather than a more normal 30 days.

However, this is not the case: a 12 Month Rolling Contract is a 12 Month Fixed-term Contract, as defined in the second section above, that includes clauses under which each party can ask the other to renew it, or “roll it over”; either party can decide not to renew and there is no obligation on either side to pay compensation in such a case."

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

I don't think we know for sure what the status of his contract is.

37 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

And time and again I see people posting that above. I suggest you both get off your high horses and perhaps read about them before trying to correct people!

"The 12 Month Fixed-term Contract is well understood by most people to be one that ends automatically when the season ends but many are confused when the word “Rolling” is included. Many users of social media have said that they interpret a 12 Month Rolling Contract to be a standard Indefinite-term contract as defined in the first section above and the notice period for either party is 12 months, rather than a more normal 30 days.

However, this is not the case: a 12 Month Rolling Contract is a 12 Month Fixed-term Contract, as defined in the second section above, that includes clauses under which each party can ask the other to renew it, or “roll it over”; either party can decide not to renew and there is no obligation on either side to pay compensation in such a case."

I'm sure it's been clarified before that its basically a contract that has 1 year left to run, from any given date. 

Even if the specific clarification on its definition isn't spot on, its certainly not a case of he's only been given a 1 year contract, which is the point being made, to those who mistakenly use it as a stick to beat the appointment with. 

58 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Well put.

I would normally have thought a 12 month rolling contract means that there's always 12 months left on the contract even 11 months and 29 days after it was first signed. However, as your post illustrates, it could mean that it is 12 months rolling until one or both parties states that from any point it stops rolling. It can be a rather ambiguous term and unless we have actually seen the contract with the small print that has been signed we cannot categorically say what it is exactly as we don't know if clauses have been triggered etc.

It could even mean that if Holden is still in situ exactly a year after he signed it it automatically gets another 12 months added. The term 'rollover' would then technically apply and might have been used by the board at the time as it would not have sounded great to say that he has only been given a one year contract.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure it's been clarified before that its basically a contract that has 1 year left to run, from any given date. 

Even if the specific clarification on its definition isn't spot on, its certainly not a case of he's only been given a 1 year contract, which is the point being made, to those who mistakenly use it as a stick to beat the appointment with. 

I’m not sure it has been clarified before.  Even on 20Man this week MA didn’t commit to telling us the terms, he just said “it’s a normal football contract”.  What’s a normal football contract?

He dodged the question, gave a woolly answer, but in some respects it’s sensitive info.  I have a sneaky feeling it ends in the summer, but there will be a trigger period in the next couple of months.  Not sure if that’s a mutual trigger or not.

Archived