IGNORED

Super Fam, Pay the Man

•  

He’s as important as Kalas.

I couldn’t give a shit about wages, we’ll have to restructure elsewhere.

When he goes and we can’t score **** all and sink back to division 3, you’ll ******* know all about “cash flow”!!

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It's an inevitable thread. 

It sounds like we've offered something decent, i think Fam feels he could get more and we wont be able to match it.

I’ve got no problem with him looking for £40k a week in Europe, that’s human.

As long as we can say we offered to make him the highest paid player at the club, we can do no more.

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

if the grass is greener elsewhere let him go........

Quite. 

All we can do is make him the highest paid player at the club. 

If that doesn’t cut it, then that’s fine

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If anything this is just helping him get a better contract at a bigger club in Europe somewhere!

Fair enough, as we can say we did all we could 

16 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Quite. 

All we can do is make him the highest paid player at the club. 

If that doesn’t cut it, then that’s fine

Fair enough, as we can say we did all we could 

Fam has clearly had his head turned, playing international football with the likes of mane who earns £100k a week plus will have make Fam review. He will do what is best for him and his family and right now he’s playing for an extra £10k / £15k a week on what he earns with us. Bristol city fc is bigger than Fam , and simply can’t break the bank to keep him, enjoy him while he’s here and all all the best Fam 

Love Fam. Largely unappreciated by many in his time here, when it was clear what he brought to the side. 

We can't break the bank though, especially now, however sad it would/will be to see him leave. 

He's done well for us and is entitled to see out his contract, whilst applying himself as he is. 

33 minutes ago, daored said:

Fam has clearly had his head turned, playing international football with the likes of mane who earns £100k a week plus will have make Fam review. He will do what is best for him and his family and right now he’s playing for an extra £10k / £15k a week on what he earns with us. Bristol city fc is bigger than Fam , and simply can’t break the bank to keep him, enjoy him while he’s here and all all the best Fam 

It’s not about breaking the bank, it’s about managing the structure. I don’t know a single player at our club who deserves to earn more.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

As long as we can say we offered to make him the highest paid player at the club, we can do no more.

I was under the impression it had already been sugested, or implied, that is exactly what has been offered.

And at a time when the floor is about to fall out of the financial world, I'd rather we didn't take it any further to be honest. 

Thankfully though, I reckon SL has the financial savvy to do right for the football club. I hope we manage to keep Fam, but let's not cripple our financial position any further. 

I really hope the offer the club has made is a strong one as has been said.

Personally I think we should make him joint top earner and offer a large signing fee, even if it was around £2m-£3m,  that’s considerably less than the cost of an adequate replacement.

Add a clause to prevent it from being disclosed, everyone’s a winner

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I was under the impression it had already been sugested, or implied, that is exactly what has been offered.

And at a time when the floor is about to fall out of the financial world, I'd rather we didn't take it any further to be honest. 

Thankfully though, I reckon SL has the financial savvy to do right for the football club. I hope we manage to keep Fam, but let's not cripple our financial position any further. 

I think he’s been offered a package which one of the best we’ve offered.

You could of course, cut the shit and just pay him.

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It’s not about breaking the bank, it’s about managing the structure. I don’t know a single player at our club who deserves to earn more.

It is breaking the bank , say you offer Fam an extra £5k a week , next thing Kalas wants the same, so does Bentley etc - players talk and our top players will want to be rewarded equally 

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but did anyone pick up on Kasey signalling to fam to sign the paper when celebrating the 2nd goal tonight? 

It was at the very end of the celebration, after the other players moved away. It seemed like Kasey was telling him that should have been Fam's celebration instead. 

I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into it (alongside Tinnion's tweets). 

There is one other complicating factor in terms of offering say Diedhiou a bumper rise.

All Championship clubs have to submit their Projected Accounts in March to the EFL, the current period is a combined average for this and last season (Real Figure 1 + Projected Figure 2 then halve it), as well as real outcomes for 2017/18 and 2018/19 which are already there- I think we'll be fine but a bumper contract offer would be a liability moving forward, could affect future in transfer market and could maybe see soft limits like soft embargo/Business Plan- the last of these can stick strict limitations on what clubs can offer players, both new and existing, sometimes even means the EFL have oversight over us (or the relevant club)- in the market.

After March might be ideal for this reason- the summer itself might be ideal for this reason.

I’d love him to sign but can’t shake the feeling that if he won’t, we should try to sell fast. This season probably isn’t really going anywhere for us so not much to lose on the pitch, hopefully a desperate club would give us a million or two. 

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d love him to sign but can’t shake the feeling that if he won’t, we should try to sell fast. This season probably isn’t really going anywhere for us so not much to lose on the pitch, hopefully a desperate club would give us a million or two. 

but that desperate club would also have to offer bumper wages,not good if going down is possible

Ashton saying on RB last night none of the out-of-contract players have been offered formal deals sounds reasonable in the current climate on the surface of it, until you think that in Walsh and Diedhiou's case at least this could've been made a lot easier by renewing their contracts more than a year in advance, when helpfully there were also fans in the stadium.

You'd think after Reid, Bryan and Flint we might have learned something.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Coincidence that Famara is hitting form when contract talks are on ongoing? 

Yea he hit those 49 goals in 150 games all in the last few months. Just wish he would have got himself a 1-3 goals ratio before all these contract shenanigans started. 

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

I’ve got no problem with him looking for £40k a week in Europe, that’s human.

I don’t think he deserves to be the ‘highest paid player at the club’  - everyone in the squad has a job to do ... some roles are more high profile than others but to me that doesn’t make them more important - it all adds up to the whole ... why do you think Fammy should be the highest earner? 

I’m the bass player in a band, we are all in it together, but we’ve auditioned a few singers and guitarists who think they should earn more from each gig than me and the drummer - they think their contribution is more valuable than ours - even though we’ve put in the same hours rehearsing, travelling, setting up, playing and breaking down ... f@cking prima donnas - glamour footballers are the same - for every Mo Salah there’s a James Milner - equally valuable ... ?

The stupid thing for me is that over the past few games, Fam is playing much more like the Fam that arrived from France.  Is it partly that with the likes of Palmer and Semenyo, even Wells that playing long / longer ball is not really an option and therefore Fam playing a bit more in spaces than previously.  He is not playing like a target man....something I’ve argued he’s not since he arrived.

Someone asked me at h-t whether the goals he scored tonight were more reminiscent of the goals he scored for Angers.  Yes they are / were.

I still wouldn’t pay £25-30k per week for him, but I’m enjoying his recent run of performances much more than I have for some time.  Pains me to say it, but maybe just playing him is the right option.  Happy with that, and happy that he’s playing well.  His contract will be whatever it will be.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Only 3 points off the play offs with lots of reinforcements to come back into the squad, you never know.

Archived