IGNORED

Pathetic

Marina's Rolls Royce

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have rarely ever in the last few years experienced such an outpouring of negativity and posters seemingly desperate for us to fail.

We didn't. We won. Get over it you muppets.

Still in the chase , still in the pack - winning very ugly yet up the league and still in the FA Cup.

How much are those ******* footballers paid each week????

Cant even pass a ******* ball to another in a red shirt!!!

Overpaid *******. 

And as for the coaching team..... you get what you pay for, and we’ve got monkeys!

24 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Does that not sound a bit elitist ? What difference does it make if they can't make all the games? Maybe they read the game better than those who go to every game?

An interesting point made by @JamesBCFC was that actually roles reverses the same people would be moaning. Well we will have to wait a while for that to happen. But now if I flip that point back to you.... at what point would you be unhappy with City? Or negative?

Are city fans not allowed to be negative? If so when? Not trying to attack you btw just asking because I dont understand why these threads and posts keep arising every week. This is not a one off match this season where we have performed for a maximum of 30 mins and clung on for the rest.

Assuming you're flipping the question for me, rather than for MMR to answer, apologies if I got this wrong.

First of all, we don't need to wait a while for it to happen, certain match threads from the past few seasons would show those posts being made, assuming they're still up to be seen (though it would require trawling through each game we lost first of all stats wise to see whether it applies, and then finding the thread for that game, so a fair amount of work).

Secondly, while you don't want it to happen every week, and certainly not to the extent of tonight, being able to grind out wins under pressure has a positive side to it too, the resilience required is something we were missing previously.

How many times this season have people posted afterwards "we'd have lost that a year ago"?.

Thirdly, and this shouldn't be seen as an excuse per se, but it would also be completely foolish to dismiss it is the injuries, and the fact it is Holden's first season as a manager (whether you are happy with the appointment or not- personally found it disappointing, but he has been appointed and that means it's time to support him as the better he does, the better City do).

Recently form has picked up, and it looks like we are going to have a some of the longer term absentees back soon.

If, once we actually have a side resembling our strongest eleven, we continue to have performances where we're dominated for more than half a game regularly, I will then get much more concerned.

The form improving lately could also play a part, certainly a few of our players are confidence players, so and increased confidence among the squad can only benefit us.

I will also say at the point when I feel negative I will most likely be "liking" or "flaming" posts of people who voice the same concerns that I have more than posting, mostly because I often struggle to word the thoughts I have and other posters are able to word similar concerns more eloquently and succinctly. 

R.e last para, again unsure if to me or MRR, but see my first post on the Stats thread,

Essentially the problem isn't that people have criticisms, but the "criticism" that is just slagging people off for the sake of it.

to be fair we are playing quite poor football but so are many other sides, we had some luck tonight won at home again and got 3 points with some big tests ahead.take Norwich Swansea Brentford Watford and Bournemouth as the top 5 six place is anyone's because the rest of the pack are as bad as each other.  

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate, people aren’t desperate for us to fail. I was sat there kicking every ball and desperate for us to hold on.

People are negative because the football is negative. People are negative because Holden plays negative. People are negative because  if your tactic is to hang in a game, pretty soon your goalie won’t be in the form of his life and the woodwork won’t save you.

People aren’t desperate for us to fail. They’re bloody worried as to how we’re set up and can see it’s not sustainable.

You must’ve kicked me a few times, because I kicked and headed every ball too!

I really don’t think Holden is negative, but I do see some worries in his tactical naivety at times. As much as Kalas is a leader by example, I think we need someone to bollock a few players.  It’s not that players are putting in effort, but they need to be told when they are making the wrong houses, not executing the tactics.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Assuming you're flipping the question for me, rather than for MMR to answer, apologies if I got this wrong.

First of all, we don't need to wait a while for it to happen, certain match threads from the past few seasons would show those posts being made, assuming they're still up to be seen (though it would require trawling through each game we lost first of all stats wise to see whether it applies, and then finding the thread for that game, so a fair amount of work).

Secondly, while you don't want it to happen every week, and certainly not to the extent of tonight, being able to grind out wins under pressure has a positive side to it too, the resilience required is something we were missing previously.

How many times this season have people posted afterwards "we'd have lost that a year ago"?.

Thirdly, and this shouldn't be seen as an excuse per se, but it would also be completely foolish to dismiss it is the injuries, and the fact it is Holden's first season as a manager (whether you are happy with the appointment or not- personally found it disappointing, but he has been appointed and that means it's time to support him as the better he does, the better City do).

Recently form has picked up, and it looks like we are going to have a some of the longer term absentees back soon.

If, once we actually have a side resembling our strongest eleven, we continue to have performances where we're dominated for more than half a game regularly, I will then get much more concerned.

The form improving lately could also play a part, certainly a few of our players are confidence players, so and increased confidence among the squad can only benefit us.

I will also say at the point when I feel negative I will most likely be "liking" or "flaming" posts of people who voice the same concerns that I have more than posting, mostly because I often struggle to word the thoughts I have and other posters are able to word similar concerns more eloquently and succinctly. 

to be fair i agree on the injuries anyone who has managed a football team when you have key players out it can really knock the stuffing out of you and the other players no matter what level you play.we have not had a settled side all season, footballs not great, formations are anyone's guess players in and out and some how still 3 points of a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The same ones who are always on the MDT when we play at home ( when crowds are allowed in) and never seem to go to matches yet name themselves things like Bristol city Loyal, Loyal Red, Red army etc

I wrote to OTIB a few years back to see if it could be shown who actually has a ST to separate the casuals from the fans.

You are making a point about people posting in the MDT, how do you know they are not at the game? 

It's clear from other threads in the past people are posting from the ground.

Even if they weren't It's pretty appalling to imply their opinion isn't as valid, none of us know why they're not there or even if it's possible for them to get there. I think you are wrongwrongly assuming everyone that posts on here are local.

I'm intrigued about your writing to a forum to ask who are season ticket holders. Why would you want to know that, do you know more than someone who goes to more away games than at home? 

out of curiosity perhaps you could let us know how long you have had a season ticket for please and how many away games you go to a season? 

12 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

It doesn't happen often that a team is saved 4 times by the woodwork. ?

Sorry to break this to you but if they hit the woodwork the shot was off target so we definitely weren't saved by the woodwork 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really don’t think Holden is negative, but I do see some worries in his tactical naivety at times. As much as Kalas is a leader by example, I think we need someone to bollock a few players.  It’s not that players are putting in effort, but they need to be told when they are making the wrong houses, not executing the tactics.

davefevs you know what im going to say we need a bloody general in the middle of that park

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sorry bit tired so yeah didn't mean to quote you as it was directed at MMR, just use your point. I assume you have somewhat similar views but thanks for posting back anyway.

I agree with the injury set backs entirely and for me personally, I dont want DH gone I think a new coach would attempt to clear players out when we are seeing some youngsters get decent game time.

My actual point to MMR was why cant people be negative about a bad performance, regardless of result but I now assume he means that certain posters (some listed in the thread) are negative about absolutely everything. 

Obviously if he said in his original thread that it was by x,y,z who are negative then it wouldn't have drawn, ironically a negative reaction like it has in this thread. Instead hes basically implying everyone who says anything negative are muppets.

As I said to MRR when does he feel we can be negative ?

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

We all know there are posters that disappear when we win games

It's just as clear there are certain posters that come to life when we win that never see any negatives as much as there are those that only appear when we lose that can't see any positives. 

If you really want to see a bunch of narcissistic wannabes you should see the brady bunch that swarm all over the politics forum like theirs is the only opinion that matters.

Luckily they don't dare debate anything football related 

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sorry bit tired so yeah didn't mean to quote you as it was directed at MMR, just use your point. I assume you have somewhat similar views but thanks for posting back anyway.

I agree with the injury set backs entirely and for me personally, I dont want DH gone I think a new coach would attempt to clear players out when we are seeing some youngsters get decent game time.

My actual point to MMR was why cant people be negative about a bad performance, regardless of result but I now assume he means that certain posters (some listed in the thread) are negative about absolutely everything. 

Obviously if he said in his original thread that it was by x,y,z who are negative then it wouldn't have drawn, ironically a negative reaction like it has in this thread, instead of basically implying everyone who says anything negative are muppets.

As I said to MRR when does he feel we can be negative ?

No need to apologise, I get why you mentioned me and it's a valid question.

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have rarely ever in the last few years experienced such an outpouring of negativity and posters seemingly desperate for us to fail.

We didn't. We won. Get over it you muppets.

Still in the chase , still in the pack - winning very ugly yet up the league and still in the FA Cup.

By the looks of it (I wasn't able to follow the match today so I only have the match report), the stats are pathetic and some posters are unable to adjust to viewing them another way.

Was this lucky for us or unlucky for Huddersfield?
The forensics analysis reveals:

• City won by a goal
  • Huddersfield had more possession, more goals on target/goal, all the corners etc.
  • The conclusion, Huddersfield might have difficulty hitting a barn door with a banjo.
  • While on the shitness scale, Huddersfield edged it as damn shit, while in some posters eyes, City are just shit.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s very much like Lee Johnson hasn’t ever left us. 

I switched over to sky at full time and watched Sunderland Ipswich. In 5 minutes Sunderland put more passes together than we did in the last Hour. The common denominator is not LJ but DH.

It's not pathetic it's worrying

I'd go as far to say it's worse then johnson,

We are winning games because we are lucky not because we deserve it,

That just isn't sustainable 

We could of lost by double figures last night if it wasn't for some paint and the best keeper in the championship,

If you are happy with that performance then great but I wager the vast majority are not,

We have no leadership or inspiration at the top of the club from ashton down,

The effort and determination is there which Is good, the tactical know how and motivation isn't which is bad.

Once the luck drys up we are in real trouble whether that be this season or next

Massive changes need to happen all across the management and coaching structure of this club or we will be back to where we were under McInnes 

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I switched over to sky at full time and watched Sunderland Ipswich. In 5 minutes Sunderland put more passes together than we did in the last Hour. The common denominator is not LJ but DH.

This might be the worst take of the lot, and there's been some contenders since full time last night.

10 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Bit dramatic and not true. Nobody wants City to fail, but we got to expect better than that to see a game out? This wasn’t Norwich or Brentford, it was a Hudds side who have lost their last 4 games. 

It seems our standards to some people have really dropped...

A Huddersfield team still on PL PPayments ,a team with similar injury problems but packed with some good experienced players and a skilled coach. Some of those players still on prem wages.Give both teams their due respect - a hard match which we won .Think when Huddersfield get the squad fit they will be back up the league and hard to beat.

4 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

5 wins in 7

5 goals, scored in two matches and only one conceded

That's great form, whichever way you want want to look at it

Winning against decent opposition and grinding out victories used to be seen as a positive and not a negative. I must say that I've missed the memo on that change! 

Where's the we're going great guns threads?? 

The fact that we won doesn't mean we are in good form, crazy how anyone can think that

5 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

5 wins in 7

5 goals, scored in two matches and only one conceded

That's great form, whichever way you want want to look at it

Winning against decent opposition and grinding out victories used to be seen as a positive and not a negative. I must say that I've missed the memo on that change! 

Where's the we're going great guns threads?? 

Can't knock the form, and we're still in touch with the top 6, but the standard of football is dire. The results are positive, the actual football is negative. If Huddersfield's keeper had saved either of our 2 (two) (yes only two) shots on target we'd have been in trouble. That's not an attack on the team, just that our football is going to struggle to keep us in the race moving forward if the opposition keeper ever makes a save. 

That being said, if Fam can remain just as clinical, and KP can keep setting up chances, then we might be able to get on a roll. I hope so.

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Good first 30 minutes not half - after that we were all over the shop.

We seemed to lack cohesion when Rowe went off injured.

I don’t know why but Holden saw it and accepts that the result was better than the performance.

We scored two world class goals with movement and purpose .

I believe that when Palmer tired we conceded ground.

Their wide players had us on toast we are unlucky with our full backs being injured and overplayed. 

2-0 is a dangerous score . Huddersfield had only one option and that was to go at us which they did but were not clinical enough and goals win games .

We are in a good place with breakthrough seasons for Semenyo, Vyner and Bakinson who are getting more and more confident and effective in the team. That is exciting for me .

Some people are relentlessly negative on here, and some others are relentlessly supportive. 

The relentlessly supportive have their supporters and collect their "Likes" by standing diametrically opposed to the relentlessly negative, who gain some meagre comfort from their relentlessly miserable and disappointing lives by moaning like **** all week, every week on here about Bristol City. 

It is a symbiotic relationship. A feedback loop.

The relentlessly negative never do, and never will, change their minds because the relentlessly supportive call them out with admonishments and facts; facts don't change minds like these. Tellings off, neither. Quite the opposite. So why bother?

The relentlessly supportive relentlessly chide the relentlessly negative for their relentless moaning, but they would be a little lost on here if this was a relentlessly positive, cheerful ("relegated! Again! Oh well, we go on! See you at Gillingham!") and supportive place - for how to stand out and demonstrate and broadcast your relentlessly sensible and supportive backing for the club amongst a uniform, supportive forum? Tricky!

The most miserable and relentlessly negative deserve (some) sympathy and compassion - what they are showing us is that their lives (their relationships, specifically) are miserable, relentlessly so. Including their relationship with their miserable club. That they come on here, relentlessly, only to whine like **** (only to melt away when we do well) is testament to the misery of their miserable lives.

The relentlessly negative will be back on here being relentlessly negative about Bristol City and the relentlessly sensible, proportionate and supportive will counter them, the one fuelling the other, and the circle - and the circus - will go on, both sides picking up their attention and their feedback from their supporters as they go.

If the relentlessly supportive had as their aim the intention to rid this place of the relentlessly negative and their relentless moaning then they would be better off relentlessly ignoring the relentless moaning, rather like a wise parent ignores unwanted behaviour from a small child. But they don't do this. The relentlessly supportive relentlessly challenge the relentlessly negative as they go about this place moaning and whinge-ing, relentlessly. And so it goes on. 

So, are the relentlessly sensible and supportive a bit slow on the uptake? Poor parents (with whiny, moany children?) Or do they actually get something they rather like and couldn't now do without by coming on here, relentlessly, being supportive and chiding the relentless miserable moaners?

This place is, if nothing else, predictable, and certain posters, are predictable, relentlessly so: If you really don't like certain posters, or certain threads, you could ignore them. If you wanted to.

The miserable, relentless moaners have no such easy escape: they are miserable, and they need to moan, and have someone notice that they are moaning, and are miserable. And no amount of misery and moaning will ever be enough to mitigate that they are miserable. 

Up the City. Come on Deano! We are Deano!

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree about Kalas and your post, but I don't understand 'wrong houses'.

Rowe's injured affected us I grant that.  Second half though....

Sitting back + no pressure on the ball + giving Huddersfield the freedom of the wings will always = getting over run.

We deliberately left the wings empty to try and stay compact but we just played into Huddersfield's hands.  It was quite clear Huddersfield were exploiting the space we left them, I still can't get my head around why Holden didn't change it.  They were quite clearly just following instructions.

Holden tactics were at fault yesterday, got it very wrong imo.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We seemed to lack cohesion when Rowe went off injured.

I don’t know why but Holden saw it and accepts that the result was better than the performance.

We scored two world class goals with movement and purpose .

I believe that when Palmer tired we conceded ground.

Their wide players had us on toast we are unlucky with our full backs being injured and overplayed. 

2-0 is a dangerous score . Huddersfield had only one option and that was to go at us which they did but were not clinical enough and goals win games .

We are in a good place with breakthrough seasons for Semenyo, Vyner and Bakinson who are getting more and more confident and effective in the team. That is exciting for me .

I mean world class is stretching it! Good goals would be fair.

I don't think Bakinson is good enough to start for a team going for top 6 in this league. In fact the midfield yesterday rarely held on to the ball - even in the first half an hour. Hopefully Williams will make a big difference as we are being over run in pretty much every game.

The Rowe injury clearly made a difference but we should have been a lot better after half time when Holden had time to sort it out a bit.

I'm definitely not excited but there are good signs as well as worrying ones.

Archived