IGNORED

Pathetic

Marina's Rolls Royce

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I switched over to sky at full time and watched Sunderland Ipswich. In 5 minutes Sunderland put more passes together than we did in the last Hour. The common denominator is not LJ but DH.

The common denominator is players of limited overall ability at this level primarily assembled by Johnson. The sort of clubs in the bag shit we picked up from his old man. We have plenty of players who can produce moments of magic but none of them aside from our keeper, back 4 and Nagy (I.e. our defensive minded players) give us anywhere near 90 MINUTES of solid football and yet many people on here honestly believe (**** knows why) that we have a top 6 squad??.

As for posters clearly not watching the game (even the most positive on here acknowledge that last night after the second goal just wasn’t good enough to win us many points in future matches) then claiming we are bang on form.........WUM’s.

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

You're going to have to explain that one as winning 5 games of our last 7 is good form.. Crazy how some people think that is not good.

BIB, If's and maybes. However he didnt and we won. Perhaps move away from the reverse negative forecasting?

So do you agree or disagree with our Captain who was disappointed with that performance and our Manager who felt that Huddersfield should have gone away with at least a point but probably all three? Or are they reverse negative forecasters too?

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The common denominator is players of limited overall ability at this level primarily assembled by Johnson. The sort of clubs in the bag shit we picked up from his old man. We have plenty of players who can produce moments of magic but none of them aside from our keeper, back 4 and Nagy (I.e. our defensive minded players) give us anywhere near 90 MINUTES of solid football and yet many people on here honestly believe (**** knows why) that we have a top 6 squad??.

As for posters clearly not watching the game (even the most positive on here acknowledge that last night after the second goal just wasn’t good enough to win us many points in future matches) then claiming we are bang on form.........WUM’s.

TBF, there is a difference between being in good form and playing well. Neither one requires the other to happen, but obviously we would prefer to have both.

Both can lead to the other happening- playing well leading to an upturn in form, or confidence raised by good form seeing performances improve.

11 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can add to that with Glos old boy ,east end old boy but I'm tired and need to do other stuff in real life ( but very  happy at our win) . 

I can definitely add at least another 10 but trouble is- we've won and they've disappeared so I'd have to go poking about back through the MDT and a few others. But I think you already know the truth that a select minority on these hallowed pages have an agenda that goes beyond mere disgruntlement of the manager, players, owner but a total ongoing dissatisfaction with our Club under all circumstances other than walking the division.

The same ones who are always on the MDT when we play at home ( when crowds are allowed in) and never seem to go to matches yet name themselves things like Bristol city Loyal, Loyal Red, Red army etc

I wrote to OTIB a few years back to see if it could be shown who actually has a ST to separate the casuals from the fans.

Wow you wrote to OTIB about that? Seems a bit of a weird thing to do .

Personally not a season ticket holder so must be a casual.

Although if my Mrs ever heard somebody call me that she would be crying with laughter!!!

12 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Wow you wrote to OTIB about that? Seems a bit of a weird thing to do .

Personally not a season ticket holder so must be a casual.

Although if my Mrs ever heard somebody call me that she would be crying with laughter!!!

I like the idea that people with season tickets aren't negative and don't moan!

4 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

You're going to have to explain that one as winning 5 games of our last 7 is good form.. Crazy how some people think that is not good.

BIB, If's and maybes. However he didnt and we won. Perhaps move away from the reverse negative forecasting?

Yeah it is ifs and buts, however you can’t deny it doesn’t appear sustainable long term? That’s the reason people are grumbling. You never know tho, might be able to shithouse win after win as we did at the start of the season and sneak into 6th. I’d love it to happen but can’t see it, guess I’ll just leave any other forecasting to you and Carol Kirkwood :) 

15 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can add to that with Glos old boy ,east end old boy but I'm tired and need to do other stuff in real life ( but very  happy at our win) . 

I can definitely add at least another 10 but trouble is- we've won and they've disappeared so I'd have to go poking about back through the MDT and a few others. But I think you already know the truth that a select minority on these hallowed pages have an agenda that goes beyond mere disgruntlement of the manager, players, owner but a total ongoing dissatisfaction with our Club under all circumstances other than walking the division.

The same ones who are always on the MDT when we play at home ( when crowds are allowed in) and never seem to go to matches yet name themselves things like Bristol city Loyal, Loyal Red, Red army etc

I wrote to OTIB a few years back to see if it could be shown who actually has a ST to separate the casuals from the fans.

• Season ticket holder for Dolman 1st 2 years after it was opened, and Eastend fairly recently
  • Went to all home and most away in late 60`s early 70`s
  • Been to Mill stad and new and old Wembley to watch my team
  • Celibrated many promotions including the one that took us to the top div on the pitch at AG
  • Admit I have not been regularly since The Williams/Eastend got chopped.
  • In my defence I have had and still got COPD (for at least 12yrs now) and have give up smoking, this made attendance difficult, add to that bowel cancer and a  tumor removed 2years ago and still regularly attending hosp for MRI/CT scans, endescopy etc.
  • Watch every game thats televised and follow reports on MDT from those fans at the ground
  • Now 68yrs old but if its ok with you I would like to still keep posting my thoughts on here?
  • Sorry if I`m now classed as a casual and must be separated from "fans"
  • Nevermind I will still keep posting and following my team anyway and F.U.

19 hours ago, Swede said:

No; people aren't desperate for us to fail. Its the dreadful tactics and how we play. Scuffing wins, hanging on. It's papering over the cracks.

Just one look at the stats tells you all you need to know. They had 64% possession, something like 26 shots, 13 corners to our zero and they're in the middle of a poor run.

Now there's a fine margin between winning and losing in this league and without crowds it probably evens it out even more, but there's a massive difference in coaching techniques clearly evident out there tonight.

Once they worked out how to nullify our attacks it was backs to the wall. Closing out the game, bringing on defenders and wasting time.

At the very least we should be competing and taking the game to them or at least giving them a game.

We are very lucky to have Bents, Mawson and Kalas.

and Fam.......((although 2 or 3 of them may not be here next season) and as we are not allowed any negative thoughts)... they will of course, all still be here next season and be the backbone of our attack on the prem title.

Bottom Robin is just that; are you 11 yet? Have you been following City home and away or just on the keyboard. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even yours but ive never read so much rubbish.

Football is not a game of 5 or 60 mins. At Full time the winner has the most goals; get onto another sport you may understand and leave the OTiB forum to people who support the club, not fabricate innane comments like you try to.

When crowds return the negative voice of this tiny minority of BCFC fans will disappear again and the voice of the vast majority will be heard in the grounds - Come On You Reds

On 26/01/2021 at 21:57, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, posts like "Holden you're a ****"

And "he has to go" are the posts of people who want Holden to do well.

You've made it all so clear now.

Such as?

The first. Not nicely expressed. The second. People venting anger. On what forum does that not happen???? You have some liverpool fans demanding Klopp go ffs. 

You are overthinking so badly its dangerous. Nobody wants this club to fail on here. We are all fans. To suggest otherwise is seriously deluded. Stop overthinking because you have a different viewpoint. 

We all want this club to do well and be promoted. Some just get more upset and angry then others. And what the hell is wrong with venting that on a forum?

On 26/01/2021 at 21:05, IAmNick said:

Why exactly would people be desperate for us to fail? What a bizarre thing to say.

I reckon most people are angry at the poor performance because they want City to do well and also entertain them?

Bizarre thread.

Exactly right, for the OP to suggest that fans want BCFC to fail is Bizarre in the extreme. We dont all agree on decisions made in this our club but its still OUR CLUB. Cannot get over the playground name calling by the OP either or the "list" of not so super fans, merely for not buying a ST or regularly attending.

So MRR please remember we are ALL Fans, many with differing views and we all have different things going on in our lives, which effect our ability to be a Superfan.

We are good defensively and we have a few strikers other clubs would love to have. I think we’re a bit ‘makeshift’ in midfield due to injuries to key players. That is effecting the style of play and possession stats. I reckon with 2 key players back and a proper Left Back these issues will be resolved. Just be happy in the meantime and try and have a bit of optimism?  

16 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Id send you an aubergine but it hurts weak snowflakes feelings on here now to get an aubergine so they removed it ???

I assume it was removed because it became a symbol of dislike and was over used. 

I rarely used them anyway so no big deal as far as I’m concerned.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I assume it was removed because it became a symbol of dislike and was over used. 

I rarely used them anyway so no big deal as far as I’m concerned.

Nothing wrong with showing disapproval imo., a chin scratcher doesn't do it for me.

If the aubergine was thought unacceptable I'd like to have seen something else replace it - a plain old thumbs down perhaps?

No one could get upset about that surely?

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nothing wrong with showing disapproval imo., a chin scratcher doesn't do it for me.

If the aubergine was thought unacceptable I'd like to have seen something else replace it - a plain old thumbs down perhaps?

No one could get upset about that surely?

Ask TomF.

I got so many aubergines ? that I was disappointed when I didn’t get any..............:(

On 27/01/2021 at 10:35, Numero Uno said:

yet many people on here honestly believe (**** knows why) that we have a top 6 squad

Why wouldn't they believe that? 
We currently sit in eighth, three points off sixth place, and it's fair to say we've had more key injuries than most around us.
There's no way of telling how this season will go in this league, it's a bizarre season. Same in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ask TomF.

I got so many aubergines ? that I was disappointed when I didn’t get any..............:(

The reason it was removed is because some posters would bicker, the trawl through each others historical posts leaving loads of aubergine reactions.

A shame really because sometimes it’s simply the most appropriate one.

On 27/01/2021 at 09:35, Moments of Pleasure said:

Some people are relentlessly negative on here, and some others are relentlessly supportive. 

The relentlessly supportive have their supporters and collect their "Likes" by standing diametrically opposed to the relentlessly negative, who gain some meagre comfort from their relentlessly miserable and disappointing lives by moaning like **** all week, every week on here about Bristol City. 

It is a symbiotic relationship. A feedback loop.

The relentlessly negative never do, and never will, change their minds because the relentlessly supportive call them out with admonishments and facts; facts don't change minds like these. Tellings off, neither. Quite the opposite. So why bother?

The relentlessly supportive relentlessly chide the relentlessly negative for their relentless moaning, but they would be a little lost on here if this was a relentlessly positive, cheerful ("relegated! Again! Oh well, we go on! See you at Gillingham!") and supportive place - for how to stand out and demonstrate and broadcast your relentlessly sensible and supportive backing for the club amongst a uniform, supportive forum? Tricky!

The most miserable and relentlessly negative deserve (some) sympathy and compassion - what they are showing us is that their lives (their relationships, specifically) are miserable, relentlessly so. Including their relationship with their miserable club. That they come on here, relentlessly, only to whine like **** (only to melt away when we do well) is testament to the misery of their miserable lives.

The relentlessly negative will be back on here being relentlessly negative about Bristol City and the relentlessly sensible, proportionate and supportive will counter them, the one fuelling the other, and the circle - and the circus - will go on, both sides picking up their attention and their feedback from their supporters as they go.

If the relentlessly supportive had as their aim the intention to rid this place of the relentlessly negative and their relentless moaning then they would be better off relentlessly ignoring the relentless moaning, rather like a wise parent ignores unwanted behaviour from a small child. But they don't do this. The relentlessly supportive relentlessly challenge the relentlessly negative as they go about this place moaning and whinge-ing, relentlessly. And so it goes on. 

So, are the relentlessly sensible and supportive a bit slow on the uptake? Poor parents (with whiny, moany children?) Or do they actually get something they rather like and couldn't now do without by coming on here, relentlessly, being supportive and chiding the relentless miserable moaners?

This place is, if nothing else, predictable, and certain posters, are predictable, relentlessly so: If you really don't like certain posters, or certain threads, you could ignore them. If you wanted to.

The miserable, relentless moaners have no such easy escape: they are miserable, and they need to moan, and have someone notice that they are moaning, and are miserable. And no amount of misery and moaning will ever be enough to mitigate that they are miserable. 

Up the City. Come on Deano! We are Deano!

I don't think I have ever read a more accurate summary of how this place works.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The reason it was removed is because some posters would bicker, the trawl through each others historical posts leaving loads of aubergine reactions.

A shame really because sometimes it’s simply the most appropriate one.

Not sure that was the reason. 

Why would anyone care if a poster wasted their time leaving aubergines on their historical posts? It wouldn't bother me.

You may be mixing the aubergine up with the negative emoji which would take a point off your likes score, which was removed early on?

I think the reason the aubergine was removed was because one poster in particular said he found receiving them genuinely upsetting.

I'd certainly like to see them reinstated, or, if not, an alternative provided to show disapproval.

On 27/01/2021 at 00:01, Davefevs said:

You must’ve kicked me a few times, because I kicked and headed every ball too!

I really don’t think Holden is negative, but I do see some worries in his tactical naivety at times. As much as Kalas is a leader by example, I think we need someone to bollock a few players.  It’s not that players are putting in effort, but they need to be told when they are making the wrong houses, not executing the tactics.

If you employ an inexperienced coach, which is what DH is, then you have to expect big mistakes will be made. I just accept he will make major tactical errors and the style of play (which is usually so defensive), is what it is. He has inherited a mess from LJ IMO. Some of which is due to selling too many “star” players.
Have become a part time City fan but still want City to win every game (like most). Although I utterly dislike Mark Ashton and some of the crap he spews out - when he pokes his head above the parapet. Calling us “Bristol” during the GT interview just boils my piss.

For me, football in 2021 is different to what I used to enjoy. Have to accept that.
But I would be the 1st to shout COYRs every game. Albeit from home nowadays.

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why would anyone care if a poster wasted their time leaving aubergines on their historical posts? It wouldn't bother me.

You may be mixing the aubergine up with the negative emoji which would take a point off your likes score, which was removed early on?

I think the reason the aubergine was removed was because one poster in particular said he found receiving them genuinely upsetting.

I'd certainly like to see them reinstated, or, if not, an alternative provided to show disapproval.

I think the “confused” and “hmm” emojis tend to act as proxies for most. If I get a confused, I take it as at best I’ve been very unclear and at worst, I’ve just spouted absolute bullshit!

58 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the “confused” and “hmm” emojis tend to act as proxies for most. If I get a confused, I take it as at best I’ve been very unclear and at worst, I’ve just spouted absolute bullshit!

You shouldn't need to be puzzled though and have to work out why the reaction might have been given.

The whole point of emojis surely is they're direct and self-explanatory.

We have plenty of very affirmative emojis - like, flame, thanks, Robin - we need one that is unequivocally disapproving imo.

It doesn't need to be something that could be seen as rude or upsetting, as I say a simple thumbs down would do. ?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That was the reason, mods have said so before.

On 27/01/2021 at 04:35, Numero Uno said:

I’m a bit old to know what a WUM is but I guess it’s not good. 

I suppose I would say this. We had a squad strong enough to challenge at the beginning of the season. Howeve a mixture of bad luck and whatever conspiracy theory you buy in to has conspired to result in a team that looks nothing like the team we all thought was coming most of the season. Holden has done a good job in Holding (:laugh:) us together under difficult  circumstances appreciated by most. 

As to the rear guard action you are right, playing so deep won’t win us a great deal of points, however Williams Sessagnon Patterson and Walsh are all on grass. We just need to grind out a few more points before we can get them in. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That was the reason, mods have said so before.

No it wasn't, it was the reason a previous emoji was removed which would give you a minus rather than a plus on your 'likes' total. A few posters were childishly going through historical posts to give a negative reaction to every post purely to reduce the number of likes of a poster they were in conflict with.

The aubergine emoji was removed more recently in direct response to a thread started by a poster saying he was going through a very rough time anyway and getting aubergines upset him further iirc.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A few posters were childishly going through historical posts to give a negative reaction to every post purely to reduce the number of likes of a poster they were in conflict with

Yes, but it was fun

Archived