IGNORED

Pathetic

Marina's Rolls Royce

Just now, IAmNick said:

Mate we're bloody Bristol City people aren't spending £10 / match or £100s on a season ticket, and posting thousands of times on this forum without supporting the team.

We haven't got a legion of plastics who slate us at every opportunity or whatever.

I have, people are happy we won but angry at the performance.

That doesn't say "desperately want us to fail" to me!

Mate, we're bloody Bristol City, we aren't a team who can spent 10s of millions and dominate against every team. There's going to be times where team will come to Ashton Gate and be the better side, we have an upper midtable Championship squad that has been ravaged by injuries and a rookie manager.

There's people that you can see cannot wait for us to concede. There's "supporters" that look for any reason they possibly can to insult our players and manager.

Tonight's performance was good for 20 minutes after an even 10, then we were worryingly under pressure for the remainder. But my overriding emotion is being pleased that we won, not anger because "we only just won".

They might not be plastics, but they *do* look for reasons to slate, and this is where your argument falls apart. If the game was in reverse, 90% of those being referred to would be angry we lost, not making positive posts because "we were battering Huddersfield for 60 minutes" or whatever.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

If you're happy with not even having a shot in a half of football at home against a team lower than mid table then fair play to you. 

I for one, would like better.

Well of course we’d all like better, but at the end of the day three points are three points.  No cause for complaint.  Defending is part of the game after all.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

If you're happy with not even having a shot in a half of football at home against a team lower than mid table then fair play to you. 

I for one, would like better.

Who has said they are happy with it?

No one has said they are happy with the performance. 

I am delighted we got 3 points. Always will be happy with a win.

But the way to win it at 2-0 halftime is to keep a high line, keep the ball as much as possible and take the goal chances that we create.

We did nothing of the sort and that seems to be the only way for our team and management. Even Andi Weimann said on commentary that we were too deep. We surrendered midfield, fluffed a couple of decent chances and were extremely fortunate to hang on. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Mate, we're bloody Bristol City, we aren't a team who can spent 10s of millions and dominate against every team. There's going to be times where team will come to Ashton Gate and be the better side, we have an upper midtable Championship squad that has been ravaged by injuries and a rookie manager.

There's people that you can see cannot wait for us to concede. There's "supporters" that look for any reason they possibly can to insult our players and manager.

Tonight's performance was good for 20 minutes after an even 10, then we were worryingly under pressure for the remainder. But my overriding emotion is being pleased that we won, not anger because "we only just won".

They might not be plastics, but they *do* look for reasons to slate, and this is where your argument falls apart. If the game was in reverse, 90% of those being referred to would be angry we lost, not making positive posts because "we were battering Huddersfield for 60 minutes" or whatever.

You are talking about a dozen people tops. The Biard was positive enough on Saturday tbf when your dozen were noticeably missing. However, I for one cannot defend the way we went about things after going 2-0 up. A lot of credit of course goes to Huddersfield but getting outplayed to that degree at home is not something to be jumping round the lounge about.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If the game was in reverse, 90% of those being referred to would be angry we lost, not making positive posts because "we were battering Huddersfield for 60 minutes" or whatever.

This is a fair point.

I wonder if the Liverpool forum is full of fans screaming for the manager and the owners to go? I suspect it is only the city forum which expects every other team to turn up just to make up the numbers. 
Holden and the team have not got it right yet this season. But he is an inexperienced manager, he didn’t really get a chance to have a full closed season and transfer window last summer and we have an injury crisis. Against that background we are 3 points off the play offs and have players who will come back over the next few weeks. Some of the moaning on here is so far over the top as to be absurd. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You are talking about a dozen people tops. The Biard was positive enough on Saturday tbf when your dozen were noticeably missing. However, I for one cannot defend the way we went about things after going 2-0 up. A lot of credit of course goes to Huddersfield but getting outplayed to that degree at home is not something to be jumping round the lounge about.

BUT NOBODY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Well thank god City could tonight! ?

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Nah mate, I’m not having that. I consider myself one of the moderates - I’m certainly not a boo boy or a plastic, and like you, I’m relieved we won not angry we won.

The vast majority of fans fall into that category, and I’ve seen dozens of games over the years where we’ve lost/drawn having dominated and been unlucky (WBA away 2-2 with the two broken legs sticks out). There’s been no slagging off of the team on those occasions. And there’s no slagging of the team here. There’s slagging of the tactics - not because a team may sometimes come here and be the better side, but because consistently, we invite them to do so.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Nobody expects us to spend 10s of millions of dominate every team though, I never see anyone say that. I think most people accept teams will come and be better than us!

I think people don't expect a second half with 30% posession, 0 shots on target, 0 off target, and 0 corners though after playing well and going 2 - 0 up.

It's such nonsense people can't wait for us to concede, come on. It's just an easy excuse to avoid tackling the issues they're talking about, which is performances.

I'm also very pleased we won, but angry at the performance. People are capable of having two (or even two conflicting!) emotions at once as far as I'm aware.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But that's not my argument. Look:

If we lose we're all upset we lost.

If we win we're all happy we won.

If we play well some people are also happy we played well.

If we play badly some people are also upset we played badly.

Perhaps you are only governed by those first two. A lot of us are also governed by the second two, regardless of the first ones.

11 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

How are we set up? One minute 433 then 442 then 451 then 352 then 911 tombola both in selection and formation.

Formations are meaningless. Way too much emphasis put on them. All a team needs is three components, defence, midfield and forwards.

What you saw tonight is fluidity that Deano coaches at a Failand. The ability for players to rotate and cover for each other instinctively.

Tonight it wasn’t functioning as it Deano would like but credit has to go to the Terriers who were very unfortunate not to get at least a point. It was a game of two very different halves.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well thank god City could tonight! ?

As usual our keeper and back four deliver the goods. I can’t imagine Kalas and Mawson are happy having to defend like that as regularly as they do. As for Bentley, if he keeps this up he’s gone at the end of the season.

Thought Huddersfield were fantastic, just as they were at the John Smiths; loved their enterprising goalie, their young, central defenders, talented strikers who could bend a ball onto any piece of woodwork they wanted. They were magnificent in both games and tonight really looked like they could beat Norwich, Swansea Watford (who couldnt win at THe Den!)

However they lost 2-1 at home and 2-1 tonight. Some people love stats and I love those! Well played City, 8th and going strong with a decent side on the physio bench too

6 minutes ago, Capman said:

I wonder if the Liverpool forum is full of fans screaming for the manager and the owners to go

If it is,  it's probably the Bristol branch of the Liverpool supporters club that’s posting! :)

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ok then, stop going over the top then about a dozen people big man.

Except it's not just a dozen people. There's not just the dozen or two who disappear when we win.

There's the people, and a fairly sizable, amount who are still posting but focus explicitly on the negatives, they disregard anything that they cannot moan about.

There's ones who literally make stuff up so they can moan. A week or 2 ago there was someone saying we haven't dominated a side at all since promotion. That is utter nonsense.

And no one is saying criticisms cannot be made, criticism is justified on the second half tonight, but "Holden is such a ****" for not making a change yet" (not verbatim, but that is roughly what was said) isn't a criticism, that is just slagging off for the sake of it.

8 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Nobody expects us to spend 10s of millions of dominate every team though, I never see anyone say that. I think most people accept teams will come and be better than us!

I think people don't expect a second half with 30% posession, 0 shots on target, 0 off target, and 0 corners though after playing well and going 2 - 0 up.

It's such nonsense people can't wait for us to concede, come on. It's just an easy excuse to avoid tackling the issues they're talking about, which is performances.

I'm also very pleased we won, but angry at the performance. People are capable of having two (or even two conflicting!) emotions at once as far as I'm aware.

But that's not my argument. Look:

If we lose we're all upset we lost.

If we win we're all happy we won.

If we play well some people are also happy we played well.

If we play badly some people are also upset we played badly.

Perhaps you are only governed by those first two. A lot of us are also governed by the second two, regardless of the first ones.

And now you've shown you didn't actually read my post.

My OVERRIDING emotion was being pleased, I ALSO  said the second half was worrying. 

Don't try and patronise me when you didn't actually take in what I said.

You are allowed to criticise the team you know.... especially when it's warranted.

And for so many to be unhappy even after a win shows there is a problem.

Any person with any basic knowledge of football would have described our performance in the last 60 minutes as appalling and unnecessary.

And it's not as though it's a one off - it happens too often.

People who say there's nothing wrong are deluded and not helping the cause by ignoring the problem.

It's an issue of poor tactics and training and should be aimed at the coaches and manager.

Tbh it wouldn't be hard to iron this issue out and they need to do it quick or next time the better team on the day will win.

Just now, Top Robin said:

You are allowed to criticise the team you know.... especially when it's warranted.

And for so many to be unhappy even after a win shows there is a problem.

Any person with any basic knowledge of football would have described our performance in the last 60 minutes as appalling and unnecessary.

And it's not as though it's a one off - it happens too often.

People who say there's nothing wrong are deluded and not helping the cause by ignoring the problem.

It's an issue of poor tactics and training and should be aimed at the trainer's and manager.

Tbh it wouldn't be hard to iron this issue out and they need to do it quick or next time the better team on the day will win.

Who has said there is nothing wrong?

Who has said no criticism is allowed, or even due?

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I don’t think anyone’s desperate for us to fail, but I think people have a right to be pissed off with that second half. These stats tell the story. 

05920C1A-20D7-4128-9316-49690A4E4487.jpeg

If you were conducting the coaching post-mortem on that tomorrow morning where would you start? If that was defending a two goal lead against Europe's elite it would one thing - but making a Huddersfield side featuring Campbell and Keogh look world beaters is some feat!

14 minutes ago, Capman said:

I wonder if the Liverpool forum is full of fans screaming for the manager and the owners to go? I suspect it is only the city forum which expects every other team to turn up just to make up the numbers. 
Holden and the team have not got it right yet this season. But he is an inexperienced manager, he didn’t really get a chance to have a full closed season and transfer window last summer and we have an injury crisis. Against that background we are 3 points off the play offs and have players who will come back over the next few weeks. Some of the moaning on here is so far over the top as to be absurd. 

Will people stop going on about the injury crisis. The debate here is about the tactics of going ahead, and then sitting back and grimly hanging on. We could have the German national team but if the boss says, drop deep it would make no difference.

Archived