IGNORED

Dean Holden Reveals His New Tactical Guru

handsofclay

• The title was changed to Dean Holden Reveals His New Tactical Guru

It has to be remembered with all this that we did take a two goal lead. Under Benny there were plenty of times we dominated matches but lost games to teams who attacked far less  but made those few attacks count. We called it clinical finishing back then. I guess we are on the right end of clinical finishing now.

Thought we failed to react to how they stretched the game....caused massive problems.  In many respects the failure to adapt during the game was setting us up to fail.

Fair play to Huddersfield they really have a very good performance from 30 minutes onwards.  A joy to watch their patterns of play destroy us.  Relieved to come away with 3 points.  Lots to learn.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

To be fair to holden after all the shit he gets about interviews. He always says "lots of improvement" and "long way to go".

Yes he does.

I recall early season- when we won multiple games and yes performances were pretty good- maybe a few we rode our luck but as an average definitely exceeding last season in first 10 say.

Especially in those first 3-4 weeks, after winning a recurring quote "We're nowhere near where we want to be". Don't rest on laurels, keep pressing- obvious takeaway from that is results ie only 4 wins, but I'd like to think he meant performances too, always striving for more.

Archived