IGNORED

"As I say" when I haven’t said!!

Paul Cheesey

2 hours ago, Paul Cheesey said:

I wish someone in the media team would point out to Dean Holden that he says "as I say" in literally every sentence, even when he hasn't said!!

Dean can do the media training once he’s got the team functioning on a regular basis. That’s his priority for now!!

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I really don't like answers that start with "listen..". Find that one a bit rude and patronising to ne honest. 

LJ used to do it all the time. Ashton did it the other night on RB.

It's come from Australia and is a clear attempt to gain the upper hand in the interview. Michael Clarke used to do it all the time.

It's irritating as hell. You just want the interviewer to listen and then say " I've listened and you didn't answer my question " 

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's come from Australia and is a clear attempt to gain the upper hand in the interview. Michael Clarke used to do it all the time.

It's irritating as hell. You just want the interviewer to listen and then say " I've listened and you didn't answer my question " 

The other classic Australian one is "Aw look mate,...."

I thought it was "We go again" with that dead look in his eyes was the most irritating phrase he trots out on a regular basis.

When I here that he's basically informing us what we already know in that the next match is coming up shortly. He's also saying he hasn't a scoobie.

We already know that as well . . . 

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Callum O'Dowda does similar with "Look" . It is very condescending ,although ,obviously, not meant to be.

But does the Mock Mick terminate his utterances with the modifying interrogative tag, "..so..."?

"Look, I wanted away but nobody wanted me, so."

Can I also put in a word for ‘just’, as in “I was just so upset”, etc., and also all sentences beginning with the word ‘so’.

And while I’m on, can we do something about hyperbole?  The worst example I heard recently was ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’ being described in a tv trailer as ‘everyone’s favourite children’s story’.  I also heard that ‘everyone loves a good hamburger’ which is one in the eye for vegetarians.

Archived