David Martindale - Livingston FC

BigAl&Toby

6 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

11 games.

9 wins.

2 draws.

Cup final place.

Criminal record for organised crime.

Ok so it might be Scottish football and many will say it’s not as good as football south of the border - hmmmmmm - but fair play to the bloke.

And Livingston. And the SFA. ?

I lived there for two years, 400 metres from the ground, and watched them in a lot of evening games. Saturdays travelling to Ashton Gate or wherever City were playing.

Really enjoyed most of the games. I know most on here do not consider Scottish football as football, but for a little club like Livi to achieve what they have, is good for the game.

Was working in Edinburgh and Saturdays game was a local derby against Hearts (Livingston formerly being Meadiowbank Thistle of Edinburgh). Went to the ground only to be told all tickets had to be purchased before midday so I thought that's buggered it. Anyway an old guy behind me in the queue spoke up and he blagged my way in. Sat next to him and he enlightened me on the Scottish football scene. An enjoyable afternoon and a decent 0-0 draw. Probably 15 years ago now but I was surprised how many Europeans were playing.

6 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

11 games.

9 wins.

2 draws.

Cup final place.

Ok so it might be Scottish football and many will say it’s not as good as football south of the border - hmmmmmm - but fair play to the bloke.

I think I heard something about him on Talksport. They said about his record and I think they went on to say that because of it he put himself forward to undergo the “ fit and proper person” test with the Scottish FA - which he passed.

8 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

11 games.

9 wins.

2 draws.

Cup final place.

He got into drug dealing as I understand it which is clearly not a great thing to be associated with. However, and I know there are a huge number of unforgiving holier than thou types on here, if the guy can demonstrate that he has been sufficiently rehabilitated by his prison sentence, which he is clearly able to, then the sensible stance taken by the SFA that allows him to keep his job is entirely correct.

Archived