IGNORED

Lukaku vs Zlatan

TonyTonyTony

Zlatan takes him down in seconds.

Amazing given his size and supposedly how eager he was to have a go that a succession of midgets managed to stop Lukaku in his pursuit of Zlatan. Like a pseudo terrace thug giving it large when there's police or a barrier between yet who guarantee a damascene conversion to meek and mild (or flight mode) when toe to toe....

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Amazing given his size and supposedly how eager he was to have a go that a succession of midgets managed to stop Lukaku in his pursuit of Zlatan. Like a pseudo terrace thug giving it large when there's police or a barrier between yet who guarantee a damascene conversion to meek and mild (or flight mode) when toe to toe....

Yeah, it was classic "hold me back!" stuff from Lukaku.

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

You went to Eastville a few times too then?

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And I wouldn`t have him any other way. There are far too few characters left in football these days and the game will be a poorer place when he retires.

Exactly, if you read a list of quoted from him, the guy is nuts but it's hilarious.

Wenger offered him a trial when he was at Ajax and he turned it down saying "Zlatan doesn't do auditions"

A female reporter questioned him if he was gay and he reply was "Come round to mine tonight and I'll show you if I'm gay. And bring your sister"

"What Carew can do with a football, I can do with an orange"

When asked about the female players pay gap - "Give them a bicycle with my autograph and that will be enough"

15 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ibrahimovic supposed to have offered Lukaku 50 quid for every time he managed a decent first touch.

He made the same offer to Famara, but for £100,000!  :)

Before anyone jumps all over me , this was posted very much tongue in cheek!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Both of them were owned by the city defence.

Zlatan's cheeky powerdrive under our wall suggests he was a bit less owned than Romelu.

Unlike some on here, I don't really enjoy Ibrahimovic's supposed character. I just think he comes over as a bit of a mouthy big-head.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone put him on his arse.

Zlatan's character will always make him loved or hated.

Today's game really does lack these characters.

The lack of characters in football today means players like Ibrahimovic will have a big following, and I am certainly a fan, it's comical and his goalscoring record is phenomenal for a Man his age.

26 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Zlatan's character will always make him loved or hated.

Today's game really does lack these characters.

The lack of characters in football today means players like Ibrahimovic will have a big following, and I am certainly a fan, it's comical and his goalscoring record is phenomenal for a Man his age.

It’s part of his brand, he’s always been cocky but he exaggerated it in recent years as it makes him marketable. I quite like it, it’s unique.

20 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Not sure why but I actually find him pretty amusing, and at the same time, find Ronaldo to be a total asshat.I don't suppose there is much difference between them really.

Think the difference is, one is tongue in cheek and funny, the other is cocky, arrogant and fully meaning what is said. 

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s part of his brand, he’s always been cocky but he exaggerated it in recent years as it makes him marketable. I quite like it, it’s unique.

Being a big head isnt unique. I agree it does does make him marketable, because you have people like yourself who like him, and people like me who think he is a knob head. Either way he gets attention

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Being a big head isnt unique. I agree it does does make him marketable, because you have people like yourself who like him, and people like me who think he is a knob head. Either way he gets attention

His whole persona is unique is what I was saying.

And yes, exactly. He gets people talking hence why he does it.

Archived