IGNORED

Them in Horefield best be careful!

downendcity

Facebook has apologised for removing posts that named part of a city it deemed to contain an offensive word.

Plymouth Hoe is a historic part of the Devon city's seafront but the social media platform wrongly identified it as an offensive term.

Facebook users have recently had posts taken down for breaching bullying rules after innocently using the place name.

The company said it "will take steps to rectify the error".

• Admin
12 hours ago, downendcity said:

Facebook has apologised for removing posts that named part of a city it deemed to contain an offensive word.

Plymouth Hoe is a historic part of the Devon city's seafront but the social media platform wrongly identified it as an offensive term.

Facebook users have recently had posts taken down for breaching bullying rules after innocently using the place name.

The company said it "will take steps to rectify the error".

The spelling might be a clue 

4 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Living in Plmouth I still chuckle at the 'Hoe Foreshore' sign which sounds like a questionable hip-hop lyric when said quickly

You remember the one at Roborough before they changed them all? Someone had scraped off the `very` from `Plymouth, Spirit Of Discovery` so it read for years `Plymouth, Spirit Of Disco`.

Made me chuckle every time I went past it.

Archived