IGNORED

New role for Tinnion

Lrrr

Most of us have had a moan about elements of the club lately and rightly so . This is one area that I think we’re excellent in . I think they’ve got it spot on in terms of younger lads either going out on loan for men’s football , things academy football can’t teach you . Plus the best of u16’s moving up to u18’s 18’ to u23’s . Tinman seems tailor made for the job . Proper city legend. 

Interesting slant on the ‘academy’ appearances. 
93?

If they’re including Semenyo (SGS) and Bakinson (Luton) in those stats then you may as well add Moore (Lens) and Massengo (Monaco) in there too. 

Another “feel good about ourselves” measure trotted out, that is not 100% true. 

I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘academy’. We certainly didn’t school these guys, they were signed from other clubs after the were 17 years old. Yes, we developed them further, but you could say the same about Dasilva, who was in the same youth team as Bakinson, and we don’t consider Dasilva to be an academy graduate. 

Anyway - well done Tins. Keep up the good work. One of few people who are capable of displaying competence down there. 

If you hear him speak about it and what he does behind the scenes, it is simply fantastic, He was a true legend anyway and I am so glad he remains part of our club. it is certain not "jobs for the boys",  But giving a role to some who is passionate and talented in bring forward the youth side of our club.

First line of business, recall a youth prospect from his loan to sell on a permanent ? very clear pathway...

only joking, the pathway doesn’t necessarily mean city’s first team but hopefully for many it does. I wonder if we’ve made a profit on Jonny ‘bale’ smith?

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting slant on the ‘academy’ appearances. 
93?

If they’re including Semenyo (SGS) and Bakinson (Luton) in those stats then you may as well add Moore (Lens) and Massengo (Monaco) in there too. 

Another “feel good about ourselves” measure trotted out, that is not 100% true. 

I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘academy’. We certainly didn’t school these guys, they were signed from other clubs after the were 17 years old. Yes, we developed them further, but you could say the same about Dasilva, who was in the same youth team as Bakinson, and we don’t consider Dasilva to be an academy graduate. 

Anyway - well done Tins. Keep up the good work. One of few people who are capable of displaying competence down there. 

Yes it mentioned Semenyo & Bakinson in the video . I like your posts Harry and am critical of elements of the club , feel that you’re nit picking for the sake of it with this though . Our academy is in very good hands imo 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Yes it mentioned Semenyo & Bakinson in the video . I like your posts Harry and am critical of elements of the club , feel that you’re nit picking for the sake of it with this though . Our academy is in very good hands imo 

I agree 100% that our academy is doing well.

But yeah, it’s a bit nit-picky, I agree. 
But I find it a little disrespectful of the clubs that they were actually schooled at. 
How would Luton, who schooled Bakinson all those years and sold him when he was 18 years old, feel about him being called a Bristol City academy graduate?

I don’t wanna be nitpicking, but surely more respectful to Luton to say “93 appearances by our under 23’s” rather than by our “academy players”. 

Anyway, I’ll leave it there, as you say, it’s probably a bit picky. 

26 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

If you hear him speak about it and what he does behind the scenes, it is simply fantastic, He was a true legend anyway and I am so glad he remains part of our club. it is certain not "jobs for the boys",  But giving a role to some who is passionate and talented in bring forward the youth side of our club.

Will always be my favourite City player. He was a joy to behold!...

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

But I find it a little disrespectful of the clubs that they were actually schooled at. 
How would Luton, who schooled Bakinson all those years and sold him when he was 18 years old, feel about him being called a Bristol City academy graduate?

I don’t wanna be nitpicking, but surely more respectful to Luton to say “93 appearances by our under 23’s” rather than by our “academy players”. 

I agree re Luton . I suppose it’s the right loans/ clubs  tinnion has sent them to for their progression where the praise is aimed towards . 

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree re Luton . I suppose it’s the right loans/ clubs  tinnion has sent them to for their progression where the praise is aimed towards . 

Hell yeah. Don’t get me wrong. I like Tinnion and he’s done very well developing these guys. 

49 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Player Pathway Manager ? Is that an actual thing, or are they just making it up on the hoof  ? Take a leaf out of parliament.........call him Manager Without Portfolio !    :yes:

Agreed.

Great to have Tins on board, with his influence apparently growing.

But it is a shit job title. Why not something like Player Development Manager ?

23 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Apparently the job title was chosen at random from a wealth of suggestions sent in by fans, friends of the club etc.
The winner was a Mr L Johnson from Sunderland.

2 hours ago, BOSRed said:

First line of business, recall a youth prospect from his loan to sell on a permanent ? very clear pathway...

only joking, the pathway doesn’t necessarily mean city’s first team but hopefully for many it does. I wonder if we’ve made a profit on Jonny ‘bale’ smith?

Has he moved on? Thought he is at Swindon on loan.

1 hour ago, mikep said:

More than happy to have Tins at the club doing a very worthwhile job but, who in heavens name thinks up these ridiculous job titles?

The Director of Nimble Thinking and Strategic Title Development of course...

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Agreed.

Great to have Tins on board, with his influence apparently growing.

Because we live in the era of corporate speak. It’s why doormen are now called ingress - exit executives 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Most of my childhood was spent adoring Tins and I think he does a great job now but was the job advertised? If not then got to ask the question if he is the best candidate.

Well, after six weeks' searching and analysis, together with several interviews, I can only assume he is. 

17 hours ago, Harry said:

It is not not picking. Academies are reviewed and ranked on their effectiveness. A graduate making the first team/pro level is part of the assessment. A player who is not a graduate is not. Presenting A, B, C as academy successes to prospective academy players and their parents .. It is not a positive idea.

18 hours ago, BOSRed said:

In the player packs and presentations given to academy players and parents the pathway means first team. 

Archived