IGNORED

Historic photos of Ashton Gate

WarksRobin

13 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Hmm, floodlight pylons, no open air gents' toilet block and a lack of graffiti/targets on the Winterstoke car park wall must put this in the timeframe mentioned above.

Historical stuff like this shows us how far we have come.

Absolutely so.

Anyone who stood n the EE will remember going for a slash  with piss coming over the soles of shoes.........:disapointed2se:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 30/01/2021 at 16:22, Robbored said:

Absolutely so.

Anyone who stood n the EE will remember going for a slash  with piss coming over the soles of shoes.........:disapointed2se:

For those that remember those days the problem now is that their piss goes over the uppers of their shoes. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/01/2021 at 16:22, Robbored said:

Absolutely so.

My personal favourite was the block of toilets on the end of the Dolman towards the East End, on a cold winter night match you could see the piss steam billowing into the night sky haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Offside said:

Two pics I found on Facebook a while ago. The second one particularly resonates with me because it’s that’s the part of the ground I used to see with my dad when we walked towards the Dolman turnstiles in my first years of going to AG as a child. 

87B1A6F1-A154-4A4C-9FAD-CE6144103E8A.jpeg

470BD244-C5FD-4005-A9F1-6D49ADFAF525.jpeg

Same here. The second picture means exactly the same to me.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2021 at 18:36, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s a massive thread somewhere in the OTIB archives with loads of great photos and maps not just about the ground but the surrounding areas too. It`s worth searching for if you like that sort of thing - it may even be in the classics section now.

Think this is it - good read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/01/2021 at 22:38, WarksRobin said:

Thought I would start a thread to capture old photos of the stadium and surrounding area

I can remember when it was all fields ‘ round there.............oh! Hang on.

I suggest all City fans carry the OP's image with them at all times, such when berated by the woke, latte supping denizens of 'Lower Clifton' (sic) for daring to park near their homes or use their bars and eateries, we can loudly proclaim:

"**** off, we were here first...."

• Like 3