IGNORED

Pray for HNM

ohhhshauntaylor

Dean clearly does not rate him. The signs have been there for a while.

If a post on here was to believed (no reason why it should not be, based on what I have seen) HNM’s mother even said it.

Shame, massive waste. Hope I am wrong but I see him gone soon. Some coaches coach to the level they played at, or like older players that have been coached already, offer professionalism, and that they feel they can “trust”..... (Martin, Brunt, maybe Lansbury).

39 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Bakinson

Vyner

Walsh

Williams 

Paterson

Palmer

Nagy

Lansbury

O’Dowda

*Massengo* 

Morton

5-3-2

4-3-3

4-4-2

enough options Deano!

Very poor taste in your choice of words for your posting, I genuinely thought that something had happened to him such as a bad car crash, maybe be a little less sensationalist in your wording next time. I remember the pray for Muamba headlines and this rather trivialises the subject.  

I said it a year ago, may be decent 1 day but we won't see it here. Won't get the opportunity due to not being good enough at this point in time.

We have had an injury crisis with virtually no midfielders available and yet he has still got virtually no minutes.

Thanks Han a nice kid but might as well sell to try and recoup what we've wasted.

If think he's been treated unfairly this season to be honest. Started against Coventry and was heavily out numbered in midfield subbed off then hardly been given a chance since. 

He's clearly a good footballer but he needs a run of games and like most youngsters is likely to be a bit inconsistent. 

He's got plenty of time, he's still only 19. Get him out on loan for a season or two and we can then start to judge. Bakinson is 22 and who'd have predicted a year or two ago he'd be playing most games for us.     

48 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

If think he's been treated unfairly this season to be honest. Started against Coventry and was heavily out numbered in midfield subbed off then hardly been given a chance since. 

He's clearly a good footballer but he needs a run of games and like most youngsters is likely to be a bit inconsistent. 

Sounds more like a tactical mistake that led to a player struggling....shock. COYR 

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We may have lots of options but the fact we are over run in every game says those options are no good. Glad DH is trying to do something about it.

Exactly this. People referring to Vyner as the next Pirlo albeit tongue in cheek, need to watch the Norwich game back.

For HNM he has bulked up a lot seemingly not helping with injuries and lost his way a bit. A run of games somewhere will do him good.

33 minutes ago, Cider red said:

HNM came with much hype, maybe the pressure has been too much. Looks shot of any confidence we saw against reading in August 2019. Think he needs a loan to come back firing as he is talented and still young.

The last game where he came on for the last 15 minutes he looked very good and confident.

For my money HNM is the best midfielder we have for both a) winning possession and b) retaining possession. I'm sure he would not have given Huddersfield the freedom of the pitch last game, and he would have held onto the ball instead of hitting panicked clearances. Way better then Bakinson for me. 

However, Holden clearly does not rate him and some of our 'fans' seem to love to knock him at every opportunity too. Sad state of affairs.

Paterson, Palmer & O’Dowda aren’t CM. 

When they play in CM, always thought we struggle to keep shape or possession. I think if any of those play in a midfield, it has to be in a 3 & you have to have 2 others alongside them who are proper CM’s. 

Vyner is a defender, he did well first game but I’m not sure I like him in there, look how much we sat back the other day.

Morton inexperienced & couldn’t get in at his last two league 2 clubs. 

Bakinson has for me looked poor since coming back from having coronavirus. Hopefully he gets going again though.

No issue with Nagy, Williams looked decent at the level for other teams but we don’t know how this injury will hold up, or if it will have affected any part of his game.

Walsh has only had one good half of football at this level for us, he looked quality last season for Cov, but then it’s a big step up. 

Lansbury has played 40 games in about 4 years hasn’t he? Hopefully brings some quality but is he too injury prone now? Will it take him a while to get going?

I had a discussion on here before regarding writing HNM off, I just don’t believe that player we saw in the first 15-20 odd games of his time here has disappeared. He did go massively off the boil, but if given a run, and not the occasional sub minutes out on the left wing, we may just see him at those levels again. 

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

For my money HNM is the best midfielder we have for both a) winning possession and b) retaining possession. I'm sure he would not have given Huddersfield the freedom of the pitch last game, and he would have held onto the ball instead of hitting panicked clearances. Way better then Bakinson for me. 

However, Holden clearly does not rate him and some of our 'fans' seem to love to knock him at every opportunity too. Sad state of affairs.

I’m not sure about that. Let’s not forget that he’s a young guy and still learning the game. He’s working hard on his upper body strength to improve his physicality and imo he’d benefit from a loan spell in L1 until the end of the season.

That actually might happen.           :dunno:

22 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

He really isn’t. 90% of games he has been awful apart from those few games at the start. 

Maybe he will come good but he is definitely not our best option in midfield. 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not sure about that. Let’s not forget that he’s a young guy and still learning the game. He’s working hard on his upper body strength to improve his physicality and imo he’d benefit from a loan spell in L1 until the end of the season.

That actually might happen.           :dunno:

I'm sure LJ would take him on loan at Sunderland if he was offered

9 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Right, do not know how to post historic posts and link it to this thread but I have found the post through the search function and it was by BOSRed on 16th December.

Have a look - interesting stuff.

I heard something along the same lines as well but from a different source. Someone apparently bumped in his mum inside Gregg's in Kingswood. She was popping in for some Pizza slices and a custard slice and happen to mention it to the girl behind the counter. Straight up!

7 minutes ago, marksy said:

I heard something along the same lines as well but from a different source. Someone apparently bumped in his mum inside Gregg's in Kingswood. She was popping in for some Pizza slices and a custard slice and happen to mention it to the girl behind the counter. Straight up!

This sounds far fetched.

Half a season in L1 (top half) where he should get a game regularly would do him good.  He will also come up against a fair amount of physicality in that League too.  However with our current injury nightmare, you can see why we might want to keep him here.  I hope he gets some gametime from the bench even though he may not start that many unless our injury crisis gets even worse.

He is a very good player for his age and I'm looking forward to seeing what a 21 or 22 year old HNM is going to look like.

58 minutes ago, marksy said:

I feel it's always good when in a foreign land to adapt to the local cuisine and customs!

Archived