IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

Lansbury’s been around for ages, but he’s only 30.

He’s the sort of signing I would like to see us make currently. Bags of talent, very much got a point to prove and out of contract in 6 months.

I’ve always admired Lansbury, very class player if he’s on it. That’s a big if, in recent years at least, but that Villa  move clearly hasn’t worked out for him, and he’s not getting any younger so he’ll want to be playing.

For those of you, like me, that are frustrated with the style of play we’ve seen over the last few years, you can’t be upset at the prospect of Lansbury. The reason I’ve been so keen to see Walsh is because we never gain a foothold in midfield, or dominate it. An on song Henri Lansbury would go some addressing that issue, in my opinion.

Villa fans are not generally known for showing any love for our club but given the number of their fans saying "take him, he's shit" or words to that effect, it doesn't suggest it would be a quality signing. 

Also, it looks like he's spent the best part of the last 5 or 6 years in the treatment room. That's the last thing we need. 

Injury prone, 30 years old and not played more than 10 games in a season for over 4 years. 

No thanks. 

Just now, Lenners said:

Different players mate. I assure you Nagy isn’t leaving.

Yes i know they are different type players but releasing Nagy from the wage bill and getting a transfer fee for him may allow us to bring in a player of Lansburys quality for 6 months 

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s a no from me. Surely, surely this cannot be true?! He must be 43 years old by now surely?

51k followers if that sort of thing floats your boat. 

I had to create this thread given the guidance at the top of the transfer section. 

It’s poetry isn’t it!

For those who don’t read the bit at the top when creating transfer posts!

E61346C5-2C54-4A39-9B54-721A264FF25A.thumb.jpeg.c379ef26618d38f9bb55f052eecff833.jpeg

As for Lansbury, I’ll sit on the fence, but he had a good game against us earlier this season.

Loan or perm?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s poetry isn’t it!

For those who don’t read the bit at the top when creating transfer posts!

E61346C5-2C54-4A39-9B54-721A264FF25A.thumb.jpeg.c379ef26618d38f9bb55f052eecff833.jpeg

As for Lansbury, I’ll sit on the fence, but he had a good game against us earlier this season.

Loan or perm?

Loan, out of contract in summer. Reassess. 

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes i know they are different type players but releasing Nagy from the wage bill and getting a transfer fee for him may allow us to bring in a player of Lansburys quality for 6 months 

He isn’t leaving mate.

1 hour ago, Lenners said:

He’s the sort of signing I would like to see us make currently. Bags of talent, very much got a point to prove and out of contract in 6 months.

I’ve always admired Lansbury, very class player if he’s on it. That’s a big if, in recent years at least, but that Villa  move clearly hasn’t worked out for him, and he’s not getting any younger so he’ll want to be playing.

For those of you, like me, that are frustrated with the style of play we’ve seen over the last few years, you can’t be upset at the prospect of Lansbury. The reason I’ve been so keen to see Walsh is because we never gain a foothold in midfield, or dominate it. An on song Henri Lansbury would go some addressing that issue, in my opinion.

Might not make the total difference if we still play 2 or 2 and Palmer- generally 2 in CM at this level or at good levels makes it difficult for sides to do so, but such a signing could help.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Villa fans are not generally known for showing any love for our club but given the number of their fans saying "take him, he's shit" or words to that effect, it doesn't suggest it would be a quality signing. 

Also, it looks like he's spent the best part of the last 5 or 6 years in the treatment room. That's the last thing we need. 

Injury prone, 30 years old and not played more than 10 games in a season for over 4 years. 

No thanks. 

Outgrown by them perhaps, don't see why he couldn't do alright here, was quite good in the Cup?

Their fanbase...of course good to listen to their input, but given the strange mix of entitlement and dourness- often at the same time, you see it in Dean Smith whenever he's interviewed- I wouldn't take their views as gospel.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s a no from me. Surely, surely this cannot be true?! He must be 43 years old by now surely?

51k followers if that sort of thing floats your boat. 

I had to create this thread given the guidance at the top of the transfer section. 

Feeling better, mate?

8 hours ago, Lenners said:

Different players mate. I assure you Nagy isn’t leaving.

Nagy not leaving because there's been no bids, or because he's deemed too important
I'd hope a bit of both

10 hours ago, Lenners said:

He certainly fits the bill for an Ashton-type signing, eg over 30 with no scope for development or resale value. 

Here's the Birmingham Live story

Personally, I'd be astonished if this is true. Holden said talks are ongoing with one player and it's clear we need cover at left-back. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think I remember Lansbury playing in a narrow wide right midfield position at West Ham under Allardyce in a 442 in their promotion season. 

Maybe that would be the plan with us, and to move Semenyo up top maybe? Especially if Fam is sold in the next few days. 

Maybe we wanted Keinan Davis in to replace Fam. But Villa have now decided against loaning him out but will loan us Lansbury. As we can't find a suitable Fam replacement, we instead move Semenyo up top, moving Lansbury into Semenyo position but playing more of a Brownhill wide right role.

If that's the case then not against it. Loan with looking at permanent deal in the summer on a free. 

Lansbury was supposed to be a long term target of Dyche. And no doubt Dyche would have used him in that wide right role had he ever signed him. That's the only way I see him fitting into our current system or Dyches 442.

I'm not really sure how good he is now. Only 30. Was once a top championship player. Stay fit and a run of games, he might be a good signing. 

Good logic Jon. ??

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think I remember Lansbury playing in a narrow wide right midfield position at West Ham under Allardyce in a 442 in their promotion season. 

Maybe that would be the plan with us, and to move Semenyo up top maybe? Especially if Fam is sold in the next few days. 

Maybe we wanted Keinan Davis in to replace Fam. But Villa have now decided against loaning him out but will loan us Lansbury. As we can't find a suitable Fam replacement, we instead move Semenyo up top, moving Lansbury into Semenyo position but playing more of a Brownhill wide right role.

If that's the case then not against it. Loan with looking at permanent deal in the summer on a free. 

Lansbury was supposed to be a long term target of Dyche. And no doubt Dyche would have used him in that wide right role had he ever signed him. That's the only way I see him fitting into our current system or Dyches 442.

I'm not really sure how good he is now. Only 30. Was once a top championship player. Stay fit and a run of games, he might be a good signing. 

So in essence Lansbury is our direct, if not a little late, replacement for Brownhill. 

Making Semenyo a direct replacement for Fam, if he decides to leave......... Maybe......... Or Something!!!! 

Archived