IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We aren’t gonna be party to wage contribution, so for just shy of four months I’m not that bothered.

Sorry Dave but are you saying we'd get him for nothing? Villa pay up his contract and he plays for free to try and attract clubs to sign him. If that was the case then I can see why Ashton would agree it. It would be helpful to make it known if this is the case as it would get a very different reaction I'm sure. 

29 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Sorry Dave but are you saying we'd get him for nothing? Villa pay up his contract and he plays for free to try and attract clubs to sign him. If that was the case then I can see why Ashton would agree it. It would be helpful to make it known if this is the case as it would get a very different reaction I'm sure. 

No, I’m assuming it’s a loan, and we will contribute to his wages.

If he gets released from his contract, I’d assume we would be offering a contract of some description.  Not suggesting he’d play for free at all.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW, Lansbury is a more than capable player at this level.  It’s been a number of years since he featured regularly, but he’s had more competition for his place, regular turnover of managers, etc.

It seems as if it’s a loan (although also comments he’s being released), which I see no problem with if as @JonDolman suggests Holden I’d going 442, and wants the right personnel to fit it.  That’s not a 442 with wingers by the looks of it but midfielders who drift around.

If Diedhiou was off it would mean Antoine providing more forward cover than wide cover.

We aren’t gonna be party to wage contribution, so for just shy of four months I’m not that bothered.

If hes looking to use this period to put himself in the shop window, then that could be good.

How would you Dave & @JonDolman see our midfield then with all midfielders fit if he comes in ? 
Too much can be made of systems at times but possibly 451 without the ball  and a fluid front 5 with it ? 

This is quite a bizarre couple of seasons for our club. Post the sale of Webster, I thought we were making real progress on and off the field as a club and moving in the direction of the Premier League. We seem a little rudderless and this signing, in the context of our recent accounts, Covid and the recent contract renewals, seems a little baffling. It really does feel like the club has entered into the post Gary Johnson phase all over again. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Two fingers up to Bakinson, Walsh and Massengo 

Strange signing for me, Ashton pleads poverty on Monday and looks like signing a player on £60k at his parent club . Appreciate we won’t be paying him that but still be a decent wage.

Please can someone explain our transfer policy because I don’t understand it now 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

One thing I didn't think of when saying that is that if Fam goes then we'd only have Wells, Martin and Semenyo competing for 2 places if we go with 2 up top. 

So maybe it would be a mix of 2 up top or at times a Lansbury, Paterson or Palmer in behind the one striker in more of a 4411/4231. Could even have 2 or all 3 of those creative players floating in behind the 1 striker, which would suit Wells for sure if he is that 1 striker.

Strong options even if we sell Fam. And not needing to necessarily replace him with the things he brings.

Lansbury can certainly score goals. Just had a quick look and at one point he scored 7 in 7 for Forest. Remember one season he was right up there in the championship top goalscorers charts.

We are well aligned today Jon.  Been mulling over for a couple of days an option of playing with a 4231 if Fam goes.  Much as I like two up top I prefer it with 352, rather than 442.  But I’m comfy with 4231, like 442 if we don’t play with touchline-huggers...it can be a bit of 4132 also.  I look at Preston and they have lots of players who can play in any of the midfield 5 roles.  I think it’s the easiest formation to recruit to also.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How would you Dave & @JonDolman see our midfield then with all midfielders fit if he comes in ? 
Too much can be made of systems at times but possibly 451 without the ball  and a fluid front 5 with it ? 

As above really....lots of options.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Two fingers up to Bakinson, Walsh and Massengo 

No it isn't. A bit of experience and quality at this level, and yes 30 is not that old, Brunt being 35, is.

It will do Bakinson some good not being played every game. Massengo will learn from this. You step up or someone else takes your place, simple. 

The Walsh situation - he might have wanted away last summer.

Just now, 2015 said:

No it isn't. A bit of experience and quality at this level, and yes 30 is not that old, Brunt being 35, is.

It will do Bakinson some good not being played every game. Massengo will learn from this. You step up or someone else takes your place, simple. 

The Walsh situation - he might have wanted away last summer.

What I dont understand is why we went for Brunt over Lansbury in the summer. Unless we were in for him and got turned down.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If this genuinely is a permanent move then it makes a mockery of Mark Ashton’s interview with Twentyman just days ago...

Finances are tight eh?

Depends if villa are paying him up . We give him a lower basic wage . Not quite sure how it works . Don’t know how accurate this list is , £40k per week. We won’t be paying him that . 

29D23C13-5521-43A6-8049-34E7F524CFA1.jpeg

Archived