IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

7 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I'm no expert but assuming this says Williams will 'sit' with Lansbury attacking....

Not sure where that leaves Nagy but I guess we need to be circumspect with the workloads & ahem,, possible injury ?

Williams won’t sit . Here’s a reminder of the player we’ve signed . Hi energy box to box . Good range of passing that loves a tackle . We might of  finally replaced Gary Shelton 

In other news- Steve Lansdown popped round my house this week .

We agreed that in exchange for me not having to put my own personal funds into the BCFC wage bill and transfer fees, I would allow him to spend his money where he saw fit and ,furthermore, he would not ask for further contributions if he made a loss.

Bloody good bloke.

Wonder if he can be in the match day squad today, although I suspect will be registered too late?

With regards to some of the negativity, don't understand the issue, no fee, only to end of season seems good option as we have been struggling in midfield.

With regards Walsh, we know Holden likes him and wanted him to be a part of the midfield with Williams, so if that's not going to happen as Lansbury would likely play that position then its suggests more of a problem with Walsh, albeit injury or attitude

18 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I'm no expert but assuming this says Williams will 'sit' with Lansbury attacking....

Not sure where that leaves Nagy but I guess we need to be circumspect with the workloads & ahem,, possible injury ?

You make it sound as if we pick a team and stick with it. Don't forget,  we have almost two games a week for the next month so lots of chopping and changing.

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Williams won’t sit . Here’s a reminder of the player we’ve signed . Hi energy box to box . Good range of passing that loves a tackle . We might of  finally replaced Gary Shelton 

I like the cut of your jib!

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I believe we are making the same mistakes as we did 10 years ago which eventually lead us to the bottom of League One.

Comparing our 2017/18 and even 2018/19 squads to what we have now is enough to make any City fan shudder. 

Thought the same last night, can’t wait for Matthew Bates Mark 2

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

Hope he does well, he is clearly filling in the "Chris Brunt role" and I'd definitely consider him an upgrade on Brunt.

Problem is if you consider him as anything other than a brunt replacement, this signing seems off. Why did we get rid of Korey and Morrell for this guy whose barely played?

He's nothing like Smith or Morrell so hardly a replacement.

As per the youtube clip posted previously;

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

I think people need to stop the comments regarding him and Liam Walsh (Re contract) -

Brunt has gone and Holden obviously wants that experienced centre midfielder role in the squad, so Lansbury offers a very similar proposition considering his age, experience and quality (mainly past) so wages might have been offset by this. 

I don’t get the love in with Walsh, an unproven player at this level who’s had one outstanding season at League 1 but people think he could really impact our team in a positive way. I’d love that to happen but not likely. Not rushing to get him signed to long term contract after nearly year out is being sensible 

There is definitely a correlation between how negative people feel about Holden, Ashton, Lansdown, and how good they think Walsh is going to be. ie the more negative people are about the club the  more highly they seem to rate Walsh. 

4 minutes ago, sludge said:

There is definitely a correlation between how negative people feel about Holden, Ashton, Lansdown, and how good they think Walsh is going to be. ie the more negative people are about the club the  more highly they seem to rate Walsh. 

That's because they can hide behind the fact he's not fit to prove them wrong. 

It's like saying that Johnny Smith would have taken us to the Prem and everyone needs sacking, because we'll never know.... 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I genuinely don’t know how it works Mr Pop . I’m just assuming that he’s had a pay off of some kind which enables to pay him a low ish wage with a signing on fee. As it’s only until the end of the season , it’s pretty low risk. It puts him in the shop window but also, with a possible salary cap in place next season we’re not committed to him financially. Let’s hope he’s not travelling from the midlands for training every day though 

Exactly that.

Its probably a contract to 31st May rather than 30th June, so 17 weeks, 1/3 of a year.  With no fee, can only assume a much reduced wage, because he’s just got a decent pay-off when he could’ve sat on his arse and collected £1m.

A chance for him to put himself in the shop window.

One to judge on the pitch, I genuinely can’t see this financially crippling us.  As for whether our existing players whose contracts are expiring are ok with it, who knows.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i really do hope he is fit,or near to it, our midmield last week was desperately short of any leadership or experience

If he's fit now he won't be in a weeks time after a few of our training sessions. 

Seriously I don't mind the signing. He's been a good player down the years and shouldn't cripple us financially. But with 3 genuine left backs injured, plus Rowe I'd have preferred cover there. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really like the look of Williams, a skilful player and a real battler with masses of determination and energy, but judging by his career so far the one area he's unlikely to rival Shelton is in terms of goals from midfield.

Along with all his other attributes Shelton scored approx. 1 in 6 for City.

That's where Lansbury comes in with an approx. 1:6 career record at this level.

Williams and Lansbury are certainly an exciting combination in prospect - between them they should revolutionise our midfield for the better.

Archived