IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

• Admin
12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

That's one part I find funny about this, seeing comments in previous weeks about resorting to the players recalled from loan/academy players on the bench. So when we bring in someone with a lot of experience for this level where either he's on the bench or pushes one of our starters there its still a bad thing.

We only recalled those players as there was literally nobody else. 

Ps I never mentioned it being a bad thing so not sure what you are referring to there

34 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Quit right..I'd rather we invested in 'putting him up' in Bristol at the club's expense..even insisted so......

Some good value 'digs right now.

alpha-guest-house.jpg

Hah, I used to park my car on the non-yellow lines along there when I used to work in the centre.  Looks classy doesn’t it,

18 hours ago, Better Red said:

Can play Lansbury and Williams together. That will allow Pato to play behind a front 3.

Sounds quiet attacking.

If we can get the full backs playing more like wingbacks sounds quiet exciting. 

Aginst the Better teams could sacrifice Pato for an extra man in midfield.

Gives the team a good balance and I hope sorts the midfield problem we have had for the last 3 years.

Seems more like 30 years to me!

36 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

£100k Smith went for some are saying if he was on £2k a week that is £134k saving. 

Lansbury is on £10k as a guess then we have to pay £36k over 4 months for him.

Please stop maths debating ?    family forum and all that

Listened to Holden’s comments and this feels, like with Brunt, a Holden signing.

Clearly feels we need more experience and as I put in my previous post, despite what might come out of the club, the average age of the squad is creeping up - the pathway might be there, but you’ve got to say, I imagine Holden’s best 11 from a fully fit squad might not include one academy player now. 

Not a criticism, just observation. 

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve just waded through the twelve and a half pages of this topic, Christ what  a depressing experience!  Come on, give the bloke a chance.  We’ve got no experience in midfield at the moment and have had to try a defender in the holding role recently.  Bakinson and Massengo are very promising, but Nagy has still not proved himself, so bringing in an experienced pro with proven quality on a short term contract makes absolute sense.  It may work out, it may not, but half a season isn’t that much of a risk.  The transfer market is, understandably, almost dead at the moment and I bet there aren’t many players of Lansbury’s ability to be had.  And don’t forget that Dean Holden and Dean Smith know each other very well and I doubt that Smith would want to con his mate.  I suspect that Smith has told Holden exactly what we’re likely to get out of Lansbury and Holden think it’s worth the risk.  What is there to lose?

I love your pragmatism, Pragmatist!...

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If they don’t do a pun on Murder She Wrote, are they even a media team.

I only caught up this morning when I put on youtube and 'Henri Lansbury is a Robin' came up on my watch list. I immediately thought 'Murder He Wrote', nah that's ****. Then spend a few minutes trying to shoehorn a footballing term for in for murder, before giving up!

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The point I was making is we have a shot. We are 3 points outside.

This season is like no other . No crowds in grounds to swing in some teams favours, especially as we head towards the last few months 

This signing is clearly a short term solution to at least try and get us to the top 6

Put it this way....no matter how slim the chance is, I think we have more of a shot with Lansbury on board for 6 months then we did without him 

You say it's a strange season but that top six is panning out as most pundits and fans thought it would. No surprises. We are playing for sixth place realistically, with 5 or 6 other clubs. Same as last season our results are papering over big cracks in performances. 

I suppose I'm surprised that as a normally pretty negative poster, this of all seasons you actually think we could finish in the top six. 

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You say it's a strange season but that top six is panning out as most pundits and fans thought it would. No surprises. We are playing for sixth place realistically, with 5 or 6 other clubs. Same as last season our results are papering over big cracks in performances. 

I suppose I'm surprised that as a normally pretty negative poster, this of all seasons you actually think we could finish in the top six. 

I'm not sure where I said I think we can. I was just stating a fact that it is possible 

The point I am getting at is I think on a short term contract, Lansbury is worth the punt. I just don't understand the negativity around it 

52 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Anyone still think we don’t need him?

Yep.

We don't get enough bodies forward, we have very little pace throughout the team bar Semenyo, we don't get up the pitch and we don't move enough.  

I think he'll be completely wasted.

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

Yep.

We don't get enough bodies forward, we have very little pace throughout the team bar Semenyo, we don't get up the pitch and we don't move enough.  

I think he'll be completely wasted.

Exactly. 

Best movement we tend to see is the sheepish trudge off at H/T and F/T! 

On 30/01/2021 at 14:57, Kid in the Riot said:

Reading the big outlier- good squad on paper but not been all that over the prior 3 seasons.

What I fear might happen with us if we play him but keep the same setup is that you play it into him and lay it off to a runner- problem is that it may work for a bit, but in time the opposition get wise to that with 2 vs 3 and outnumber you in that zone, spare man presses and it breaks down and puts you on the back foot- certainly if you want to try and control the play.

Counterattack wise, maybe a different story if we are happy to cede the ball but go for quick breaks.

Archived