IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not great today, but tried to pass it.  Brainless movement from Diedhiou and Semenyo ahead of him didn’t help.

Hes a signing that hasn’t worked out....yet another,

well we can't do an enquiry into the recruitment team because we're too busy doing an enquiry into the medical team due to abnormally high injuries we get.  

And then there's the new head coach to find, and the sacking  of Mark Ashton, and the telling Sonny John that he's not going to be Chair any more ...  

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time.

48 minutes ago, Nigelmalta said:

Very average players.  We can blame management but it’s the players that have lost 7 in a row, one shot per game and no corners in 3 games.

Palmer and Lansbury for ex premiership players should be ashamed of themselves after that performance.

Palmer one of the very few today that at least put himself about, Lansbury complete waste of space.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Quality when coming on against Charlton and a big reason we got 3 points.

Hit post with header against Luton at least when on as a sub.

Was not very good against Wigan but did a very impressive overhead kick! Yeah he was poor overall but he was well up for it.

Lansbury been a diabolical signing so far. He has to be dropped. The only good thing we have seen so far is about 2 or 3 decent long balls that he did against Reading down the right. Wow. So poor in all areas I can think of what is required where he is playing.

I just can't believe he's in the team in front of Bakinson or Nagy.

What have Bakinson, Nagy and Massengo done to be behind Lansbury in the team selection? Is the tombola weighted against them?

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Awful signing. Complete waste of time and money. Crying out for a left back at the time. Just added to the shit season 

That's were it went wrong, Holden phoned up his mate Smith and said who do you have left back in the changing rooms that you are not using

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bet not too many would have had him as first of those we released to get sorted.

Yes, I do know Gilmartin has, but not as a player.

Didn’t workout for him with us . Wasn’t fit enough IMO. But could be a good player for Luton. Guaranteed to play well against us :laugh:. Not sure of the contract length he has signed at Luton.

Luton doing some early business signed Cameron Jerome as well today 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Didn’t workout for him with us . Wasn’t fit enough IMO. But could be a good player for Luton. Guaranteed to play well against us :laugh:. Not sure of the contract length he has signed at Luton.

Interesting.

Personally I thought he was better than many on here said & was clearly getting fitter & to play Devil’s Advocate, him or Andy King, eh?

Your comments on Jerome are also of note, he’s 35 in August & has just played a season in League One, Luton finished well above us last season but I wonder what the reaction would be on here if he’d been our striker signing this season (think I can guess).

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Personally I thought he was better than many on here said & was clearly getting fitter & to play Devil’s Advocate, him or Andy King, eh?

Your comments on Jerome are also of note, he’s 35 in August & has just played a season in League One, Luton finished well above us last season but I wonder what the reaction would be on here if he’d been our striker signing this season (think I can guess).

One interesting aside here that I can see. Dewsbury-Hall had previously been mooted as saying he was happy to return to Luton, and the positive loan spell may have put them in pole position. Lansbury is their third midfield signing, and will be on enough of a wedge that he’s likely to start. It seems to me that KDH is off Luton’s agenda and is potentially off elsewhere….

I may be wrong here but didn't Jerome play for Stoke the same time as Nathan Jones was manager there?.

As with GrahamC I actually thought Lansbury played pretty well considering his lack of gametime & fitness & did a lot of the dirty work, its no coincidence that HNM played better when HL was in the side.

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Agree.  On my “fanalysts” forum I wrote this:

“My evaluation of Lansbury.  Wasn’t fit / match fit when he came to us, got slated by the fans as we were on a bad run.  But he steadily improved, was ok in the end.  Willing to go put his foot in, still got nice touches.  My real criticism of him was in a DM role in a 4231 he didn’t make himself available enough for passes.  Strolled too much.”

The same fanalysts forum are saying that the recruitment team are smashing it.  Jay Socik is the new Technical Recruitment Lead at Luton.  Jay was “BladesAnalytics” on twitter, who got a job at Peterborough 2 seasons back, and subsequently this one at Luton, having been part of the Mrkt Insights team that got into the likes of Swansea and Tampa.  He knows his stuff, undoubtedly, but seeing them sign Cameron Jerome does not fill me with fear that we’ve missed out on an obvious target.  As you say, our fans would be going potty if we signed him.

Smashing it?  Not convinced.

F34AB804-74EB-4940-B0AF-B8023A606F5C.thumb.jpeg.28c5f919586f9166619da2cc33493074.jpeg

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting, followed that guy on Twitter, Jerome is obviously their replacement for Collins & there is clearly no money around but this site would be in uproar if we had signed him.

I always felt Lansbury was a rather nonsensical signing -unfortunately I was pretty much proven right.

After his lack of football and dreadful recent form, he was always going to take a while to have any kind of positive impact. Pretty redundant for a player you're only bringing in for the short term. He did put in some okay performances towards the end of the season, but it really was too little too late for us (and God was he bad in some of his earlier games).

It's then made worse by the fact that we appear to have focused our efforts on Lansbury rather than bringing in a much needed LB.

Nothing against Lansbury personally, but feels like another one that goes in the silly recruitment file

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting, followed that guy on Twitter, Jerome is obviously their replacement for Collins & there is clearly no money around but this site would be in uproar if we had signed him.

The blurb that he’s move to compete with Adebayo….although wonder how theyll replace Collins.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2021/june/cameron-jerome/

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

One interesting aside here that I can see. Dewsbury-Hall had previously been mooted as saying he was happy to return to Luton, and the positive loan spell may have put them in pole position. Lansbury is their third midfield signing, and will be on enough of a wedge that he’s likely to start. It seems to me that KDH is off Luton’s agenda and is potentially off elsewhere….

Would love for that "elsewhere" to be here.  Thought he looked a class act....regardless of the fact he sounds like a National Trust venue!

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Jerome and Lansbury; I think Luton will come to regret those two signings if only for having absolutely no impact whatsoever.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Realise I'm speculating unfairly here and have no basis for this but, given Pearson's comments about the character of the team, I do wonder if the issue with Lansbury was not so much quality as that Pearson didn't feel he had the personality traits he wanted from senior players. That could be nonsense of course. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Realise I'm speculating unfairly here and have no basis for this but, given Pearson's comments about the character of the team, I do wonder if the issue with Lansbury was not so much quality as that Pearson didn't feel he had the personality traits he wanted from senior players. That could be nonsense of course. 

Which tucks in nicely with some remarks I made yesterday about DH signing these journeymen, at the end of their careers and all we could think was, well they must be coming in to motivate and influence the squad. Frankly they did neither from the little evidence I have seen and very glad they are gone. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair to Pearson, he praised HL for playing through an Achilles injury, so I think it’s just a case of not what he wants.

Archived