IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Go and have a sit down pal - you're working yourself into an early grave.

For what little it's worth - with no knowledge of the finances just looking at the player - I think it's a decent signing.

That's not the way we do it round here pal. You simply have to get yerself worked up into a frenzy about any deal not yet happened yet, of which you have no clue about the finances involved.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Even at 50% it’s still bloody expensive and well above our average wage. 
Has anyone at Ashton Gate seen our latest accounts??? Laughable. 

I can only assume that, unbeknownst to us, Amazon are filming a behind the scenes documentary about us and we are trying desperately to out-Sunderland actual Sunderland. It’s the only thing that makes sense. 

Another 30 year old and injury prone. Spot the pattern. we did all this before, it did not work, it failed. We clearly did not believe it, so have decided to repeat all of the old errors whilst forgetting to recall the successful moments and what made them successful. We should put ourselves on a self imposed transfer embargo as we cannot help ourselves. 

18 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Another 30 year old and injury prone. Spot the pattern. we did all this before, it did not work, it failed. We clearly did not believe it, so have decided to repeat all of the old errors whilst forgetting to recall the successful moments and what made them successful. We should put ourselves on a self imposed transfer embargo as we cannot help ourselves. 

Straight on the injured list then.

Likely to be unavailable for as long as Williams has been.

Are we the ambulance-chasers of the Championship?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I simply refuse to believe this. FFS. Where do we have the most cover? Midfield. 

The only thing stopping offering Walsh a contract is finances and we’re all set to sign the biggest championship prima-donna In history who’s hardly gonna come cheap. 

Brilliant. 

I’m with you on this. 

Let’s either sign someone who can realistically improve us and push for the play-offs, or let’s not block the pathway with an average loanee.

For me, Lansbury is exactly that. 

This signing doesn’t make sense to me unless Nagy or Walsh are off.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’m with you on this. 

Let’s either sign someone who can realistic improve us and push for the play-offs, or let’s not block the pathway with an average loanee.

If Walsh is off then that early grave @Coxy27 talks about best be bloody ready!

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

For me he has long been a player whose performances have not matched his reputation. Unless he is represented by Ashton's favoured agency, as Brunt was I believe, I don't get this at all.

No he’s not. I think he’s represented by Dexter Blackstock. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just asked my Villa mates what he’ll bring to the team. Their answer;

”lovely hair”

If his signing means we let go of Massengo. I will be fuming and demand Ashton resigns immediately. Completely blocks the pathway of Massengo.

Massengo has far better hair than any player to play for Bristol City.

42 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’m with you on this. 

Let’s either sign someone who can realistically improve us and push for the play-offs, or let’s not block the pathway with an average loanee.

It might mean that Max is off link

2 hours ago, sludge said:

I’m confused. On transfer threads we have ample midfield options. On the match day threads our midfield is non existent ??

Ohhh stop it. Pointing out the irony/idiocy of this forum will get you nowhere. 

For my tuppence. This bloke may be good he may be shite. He’s out of contract in six months and I believe isn’t even in Villa’s Prem Squad, thus will be available at a minimum cost. His wages will be negotiated by Ashton, however if you listened to him on SotC you would have been left in no doubt that money has got tight, thus wages are negotiable.

The background here is Holden and the Villa manager are BFFs. If we are serious its not because Holden/Ashton don’t know what they are buying!

Must admit I’m struggling to understand the logic of this if it’s true. Williams & pato on their way back , probably a couple of weeks from being fit . Lansbury would take as long to get sharp as well . 
If it’s true , we’re back to the scattergun no succession plan again. 
left back though . Chance dasilva won’t play again this season . Tommy Rowe , who’s done a excellent job has a knock and not a “proper” left back .George nurse injured but has been playing league 2 so possibly not good enough yet. Cam Pring out for months . 

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If Walsh is off then that early grave @Coxy27 talks about best be bloody ready!

We have been assured, over and over again, including this week, that Walsh is still injured.

So if he does leave this window we have clearly been lied to - no one's going to sign a player who's still injured and been out as long as he has.

Maybe Lansbury will be a short term replacement for Walsh, with us paying maybe 20% of his vast wages until the end of the season, with the aim of getting Walsh 100% fit with a full pre season before he takes his place in our midfield in August.

Unless, disastrously, Walsh is knackered to the extent they can't see him recovering I can't imagine why we'd sign Lansbury permanently even if he reduced his Villa wages by more than half to come here.

The other thing is maybe 'too good to be turned down' offers have unexpectedly come in for Nagy, Paterson, or even Bakinson.

We have many midfielders but our best midfielders are still injured and it will take a long time before they will be back and in shape again.

Im sad to say that our current midfielders (Nagy, Bakinson, Massengo and  Palmer) are not good enough to take us to the promised land.

We have a good defence and the best keeper in the league. The strikers are ok, and will be much better with better midfielders.

Im not saying that Lansbury is the answer but nice that we chase a midfielder. Of course we need a left back aswell!

COYR!

16 minutes ago, BCFC OF HUSKVARNA said:

We have many midfielders but our best midfielders are still injured and it will take a long time before they will be back and in shape again.

Im sad to say that our current midfielders (Nagy, Bakinson, Massengo and  Palmer) are not good enough to take us to the promised land.

We have a good defence and the best keeper in the league. The strikers are ok, and will be much better with better midfielders.

Im not saying that Lansbury is the answer but nice that we chase a midfielder. Of course we need a left back aswell!

COYR!

Williams & pato are back training and it wouldn’t surprise me if pato was on the bench either tomorrow or Wednesday. Lansbury has played hardly any football so would also take time to get up to speed as well. A very good player a few years ago no doubt though. 

FWIW, Lansbury is a more than capable player at this level.  It’s been a number of years since he featured regularly, but he’s had more competition for his place, regular turnover of managers, etc.

It seems as if it’s a loan (although also comments he’s being released), which I see no problem with if as @JonDolman suggests Holden I’d going 442, and wants the right personnel to fit it.  That’s not a 442 with wingers by the looks of it but midfielders who drift around.

If Diedhiou was off it would mean Antoine providing more forward cover than wide cover.

We aren’t gonna be party to wage contribution, so for just shy of four months I’m not that bothered.

If hes looking to use this period to put himself in the shop window, then that could be good.

Archived