IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

58 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I haven’t seen the guy play enough to make a judgement but what I do know is if he can keep control of a ball when it’s played into him and just lay the bloody thing off to a runner he’ll be an improvement on what we are currently seeing!!

Gotta have runners for that to work ..

36 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Gotta have runners for that to work ..

To fair if it was you or me out there we would be more likely to make a run if we felt the bloke receiving the ball had the ability to make it stick and spot your run!! Nothing worse than making a twenty yard sprint and the next thing you know the ball is on the edge of your own box.

Pace etc- Mariappa at RB wouldn't be one such runner.

Ball may have been slightly overhit, this was at Millwall but he just couldn't make it and out it went for a throw in. Weimann would be a good runner, if fit- Massengo has energy but lacks in other areas, Semenyo has energy- how many runners do we actually have- from central or wide areas?

I'm not sure we need him in midfield as we have zac vyner?...... Some on here claiming zac was the answer to everything! 

Personally I would just start lansbury on Wednesday night, only way he's going to get match fit. We can use 5 subs so let him play a hour, he can't do any worse than what we have already. He might even shot at goal or pass the ball forward! 

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm not sure we need him in midfield as we have zac vyner?...... Some on here claiming zac was the answer to everything! 

Personally I would just start lansbury on Wednesday night, only way he's going to get match fit. We can use 5 subs so let him play a hour, he can't do any worse than what we have already. He might even shot at goal or pass the ball forward! 

Bolasie never played for weeks but Warnock starts him .....I get match fitness is different from training but if you are a good player then he’s got to have an hour in him.  Adrenaline alone and experience will get him through it & as you say playing will get him match fit

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yet unlikely to be match fit for us for 3 weeks according to Ian on the FBC podcast?

Still wondering how / why he comes up with some of the stuff he does.

Saturday lunchtime he’d already declared O’Dowda out for the season.  Cue COD at 14:30 advise us he’s a couple of weeks away from full training.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yet unlikely to be match fit for us for 3 weeks according to Ian on the FBC podcast?

Is that Ian that used to post on here? Start an argument in an empty room?

If it's the same Ian, he likes to think he knows everything and is never wrong, even when presented with the facts that disproves him. Expect to see Lansbury in the starting 11 for the next game....

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Surprised Ian is still interested. He was very vocal in the summer about how he was finished with the club over the appointment of Holden.

Well my original (previous) response was going to be that he (if the same Ian) used to speak out of his backside a lot of the time, but thought it was a bit uncalled for. 

If he said he was done with the club over the Holden appointment and still goes on, then I stick to my original remark :laugh:

We seem to be forever pinning our hopes on has beens and promising young players. Its doing my brain in at the moment. Its either "we should build the team around KP", "Liam walsh is god", "Joe Williams is the answer", and now this new bloke who had a few good games about 10 years ago. Combine that with the shit football on display and id rather have a slow w>nk in the cupboard than watch City at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Is that Ian that used to post on here? Start an argument in an empty room?

If it's the same Ian, he likes to think he knows everything and is never wrong, even when presented with the facts that disproves him. Expect to see Lansbury in the starting 11 for the next game....

Yep, Bristol Boy. 

I think he was (is) OK actually, quite knowledgeable but of course doesn't get everything right. 

I can see I might be in the minority!

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Surprised Ian is still interested. He was very vocal in the summer about how he was finished with the club over the appointment of Holden.

Tbf, I expect many were saying similar under their breath, even expressing it on here and else where - most would have seen DH as a very frustrating appointment and it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for some old timers, especially after the big build up.

He's just a bit more up front and vocal than most as far as I can see.

We mostly (though not all) change our minds about continuing to support the club once we've vented those frustrations and the dust has settled.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, Bristol Boy

I think he was (is) OK actually, quite knowledgeable but of course doesn't get everything right. 

I can see I might be in the minority!

Tbf, I expect many were saying similar under their breath, even expressing it on here and else where - most would have seen DH as a very frustrating appointment and it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for some old timers, especially after the big build up.

He's just a bit more up front and vocal than most as far as I can see.

We mostly (though not all) change our minds about continuing to support the club once we've vented those frustrations and the dust has settled.

That's the one :laugh:

42 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We seem to be forever pinning our hopes on has beens and promising young players. Its doing my brain in at the moment. Its either "we should build the team around KP", "Liam walsh is god", "Joe Williams is the answer", and now this new bloke who had a few good games about 10 years ago. Combine that with the shit football on display and id rather have a slow w>nk in the cupboard than watch City at the moment. 

That's always been my preferred activity over most things tbh ?‍♂️

53 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Well it saves a tenner and over much quicker

25 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We were told he would need a month to get over a slight knock and get up to match fitness, when he signed.  We are talking about Bristol City remember? Where players come for a nice rest. ??

A month !!! That means in City injury talk..he is out for the season?‍♂️

Managed to pick up a “slight knock”, whilst nowhere near the First Team, that’s enough to keep him out for a month - if this is how he responds to slight knocks, heaven help us!

I wonder what odds you could get on Baker and Lansbury playing 90 mins in the same game this season - better than lottery winning odds?

Archived