IGNORED

Henri Lansbury

Fordy62

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair to Pearson, he praised HL for playing through an Achilles injury, so I think it’s just a case of not what he wants.

Agree with that assessment. Salary demands likely also a factor as we try to reduce the wage bill. I’m not convinced we got good value from Lansbury

• The title was changed to Henri Lansbury
36 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Agree with that assessment. Salary demands likely also a factor as we try to reduce the wage bill. I’m not convinced we got good value from Lansbury

Agree, overall, didn't hit the levels I expected.

22 minutes ago, Cardy said:

It sounds like Luton have signed him off the back of one decent first half performance for us against them. Silly boys.

Rule 1: never sign a player just because they played well against you.

I would say that when he came in he was a little rusty, and looked out of his depth.
After a few games, although he still looked rusty , there were signs he might still have it.
Few more games revealed it wasn't just rust. ?

With a full pre season he might do a job for Luton, but I wouldn't want him here. Cue his 2 best games of next season being against us.

I didn’t like this signing at the time and nothing I’ve seen has changed my mind. 
My issue at the time wasn’t his footballing ability - he’s clearly been a good player in the past so there nothing to be disputed over his ability. 
My issue was a) he’s not been fit for years, b) he was on a very very large wage at Villa. 

Yes, he cut his contract short to be able to sign on loan, but I’d still guess it was a fairly hefty salary from our perspective. 
Re his fitness, my concern was that, even if he stayed fit, it would take him a fair few games to reach match fitness. Given there were something like 17 games left when he signed, I said at the time it was pointless and expensive as he wouldn’t even be match fit until about 10 or so games left. 
As it transpired, he got injured in game 2, struggled to complete 90 mins in his whole time here, was played in an unfamiliar role for him, and also got a red card! 
What a total waste of time, wages and effort! 

7 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Also, Luton appear to have made quite a few signings already? I wouldn't have expected them to be so active (and so early)

I wonder what that means for Joe Morrell? Perhaps if he/Wales have a good Euros (and it seems highly likely) then Luton may well cash in (What's the sell on clause?)

19 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I wonder what that means for Joe Morrell? Perhaps if he/Wales have a good Euros (and it seems highly likely) then Luton may well cash in (What's the sell on clause?)

Nothing to do with “cashing in”, Morrell isn’t staying, he only got 5 starts last season & Luton have signed 2 more midfielders this week alone.

Archived