IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

It's the big day as Mark Ashton's "Bristol" travel to Wayne County to take on Wayne Rooney's Wayne Rooneys. I for one hope we let them win so we can all join together in praising Wayne Rooney.

You don't change a winning team! Well what if that winning team gets absolutely battered for the last 60 minutes of a match? And what if you sign a player who's helped (3 appearances, 2 as sub) a team to promotion recently and has a proven track record (<20 appearances) in the Premier League.

So what's your team? Who's playing left back if Rowe is out? Is this what we go with?

Bentley

Hunt          Kalas          Mawson       Mariappa??

Semenyo   Vyner         Bakinson      Palmer

Wells          Diedhiou

I'll post both actual teams in a single post as soon as they're announced on twitter.

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Bentley

Hunt          Kalas          Mawson       Mariappa??

Semenyo   Vyner         Bakinson      Palmer

Wells          Diedhiou

I'll post both actual teams in a single post as soon as they're announced on twitter.

I think that’s the most likely line up assuming everyone is available.

Their last 4 league games have been 1-0 scorelines, which suggests it might be a tight game.

Haven't analysed those games in detail, though.

So it could be another 3-3.

Expecting a line-up similar to the above, but Holden could conceivably go with three centre backs today.

Be happy with a point today. Fingers crossed for 3

I wonder if Nagy might get the gig over Bakinson today.  A toss-up for me.  But in terms of freshness, I might go Nagy.  Tommy Rowe is a “woos” if he doesn’t play today ???

Pato back in squad (allegedly) is good news.  Not this game, but over coming matches seeing Pato and Palmer in side-midfield gives us better balance than Semenyo.  Semenyo can re-focus on playing as a “drifting” forward, especially if Fam goes.

Would not surprise me to see Fam not in today’s squad.

Think we will win today.  Derby much less passive W/o the ball under Rooney, and on the shitty Pride Park pitch, our technique will again be under scrutiny.  Long studs and move the ball quickly.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I wonder if Nagy might get the gig over Bakinson today.  A toss-up for me.  But in terms of freshness, I might go Nagy.  Tommy Rowe is a “woos” if he doesn’t play today ???

Pato back in squad (allegedly) is good news.  Not this game, but over coming matches seeing Pato and Palmer in side-midfield gives us better balance than Semenyo.  Semenyo can re-focus on playing as a “drifting” forward, especially if Fam goes.

Think we will win today.  Derby much less passive W/o the ball under Rooney, and on the shitty Pride Park pitch, our technique will again be under scrutiny.  Long studs and move the ball quickly.

Yeah I'm worried our medical staff might have decided to amputate with Rowe and Gregor took back his Pato in the squad thing.

Unless there's a concrete bid I expect to see Fam, and why go for it with Lansbury just to sell Fam? If they're thinking that would soften the blow, that would be a huge PR mistake. And our PR game is... wait...

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Yeah I'm worried our medical staff might have decided to amputate with Rowe and Gregor took back his Pato in the squad thing.

Unless there's a concrete bid I expect to see Fam, and why go for it with Lansbury just to sell Fam? If they're thinking that would soften the blow, that would be a huge PR mistake. And our PR game is... wait...

Yes, Gregor retracted!!!

Yes, no ITK, just think there might be a bid for Fam.  Nor am I suggesting Lansbury is to soften blow....separate transactions.

Was enjoying watching the Bears give Bath a good hiding last night. Seeing Ashton gate empty really can't wait to get back to the ground to watch the City. Indeed my last match was v Derby 3-0 up at half time . Than as usual  we dropped back to defend the lead . Ending up hanging on to a 3-2 win and i say it again Wayne was the best player on the pitch that night. Fancy a 1-1 draw today.  COYRs.

So this is a tough game ahead according to Gregor face...Brentford away is tough, this none is totally winnable, its this defeatist attitipude that holds us back. 

For Pete's sake lets go out there with a winning mindset, Dean is not the most confident of blokes is he?thinking this might be a factor in how we play.

Go on then, do something special for once!

Attitude..

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d prefer a 3 in midfield after we got overran v Norwich & Huddersfield , doubt Derby will go with a two either . Kalas & Holden pretty much admitted we got overran as well . If he does go 442 I worry for us and deans ability to adapt . We need nagy’s energy in there no matter what system he plays imo 

Not quite sure why Nagy isn’t starting and Vyner has been playing CM?!

Hope within a month we have Williams, Lansbury and Pato back in contention. We’ll need the strength in depth as the calendar is packed. 

Derby are hovering above the bottom three for good reason. Just the kind of match we need to be winning, especially with our upcoming fixtures in mind

3 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Not quite sure why Nagy isn’t starting and Vyner has been playing CM?!

Hope within a month we have Williams, Lansbury and Pato back in contention. We’ll need the strength in depth as the calendar is packed. 

Derby are hovering above the bottom three for good reason. Just the kind of match we need to be winning, especially with our upcoming fixtures in mind

Derby have been steadily improving under Rooney . Don’t let their league position fool you. They were the better side box to box in the home game but they had nothing up front . 

Mm that's the team I wanted for the previous game IIRC so obv fine with this. If we're going to play this formation I think this is the best version of it currently.

Happy Rowe is back, we started playing badly when we started time wasting before he went off but I still think him not being there made things worse.

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

Wonder what’s happened to Adelukun?

He was injured for last game, maybe still recovering. I wouldn't be shocked if he leaves either though.

Edit - They said he was openly during the pre match for the last game. It's not as if they're hiding it, just they don't put things in one place so everyone easily knows everything.

Archived