IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

8 minutes ago, Clint said:

I’ll pay a tenner Wednesday as I want to see a decent side play football 

Its on Sky - plenty of free streams.

Why waste a tenner on that crap service ?

Never again (I've said that before and only used it a few times since, but thats it for me).

1 minute ago, The dastardly red said:

I took a snooze for the last 15 minutes. I've just woken up and I'll probably go back to the land of nod for another hour or so, the game sapped my energy big time.

I'm having trout for dinner tonight, trout in a parsley Source with carrots, broccoli and pan fried potatoes so hopefully that will perk me up.

You're having trout in a parsley source. Are you having it in the garden?

12 minutes ago, marksy said:

Talk about back tracking. You wanna watch what you put down in writing, some people might just get offended by gutter language. I wonder what goes on in your house?

Who's back tracking..? 

If my comments offended you, I make no apology. They weren't aimed at you and I don't believe them to have been offensive, so feel free to tell someone who gives a toss about your hyper sensitivity. 

9 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Glad I didn’t pay to watch that shite , que Holden excuses 

The problem is there are no excuses that cut mustard.

The fault lies solely with the owner the CEO and Junior.

They appointed an absolute novice who was a key part of the previous failed regime.

This was utterly predictable, we will probably be OK this year but moving forward we could well be in trouble next year.

The coaching team are very fortunate that fans are not in AG and probably won’t be this season.

The thing that really gets me is the lie, the lie that we want to be promoted. This needs to stop and a bit of honesty is required, we don’t have that ambition at all. Mid- table mediocrity and 20k + crowds are all that matter.

The second part may be difficult to achieve when we are allowed back in.

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Gary Owers made some excellent comments about City’s awful tactics on an awful pitch. He made it seem obvious what City should have tried. Unfortunately Dean Holden has a different point of view 

Yep. It is obvious. Interesting he referenced Allardyce and what he would’ve done (gone direct),  who is supposed to be a DH mentor. 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Have a feeling you won't be the only one, if I was SL I would be very worried.

I don’t think you can use this forum as the yardstick of opinion, but it would be really interesting to see how many might rethink their £300+ a year. I’m too far away for a season ticket so pick and choose games, but including a match ticket, cider, petrol and a hotel room I’m looking at £150+ per match, I’d definitely think twice about it if this is the standard of fare.

football is ultimately an entertainment, this dirge is nowhere near this.

I like Holden, think he’s a good guy, but he needs to be learning his trade lower down the leagues and not in the top half of the championship. Wed could be a Tinnion moment like Swansea. I fully expect an absolute dicking.

20 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think that will be the last tenner to Robins TV from me for a while.

If the players aren't interested, why should I be.

There's usually a reason why the players aren't interested and that's down to the way they are coached and the tactics they have to play to, also being played out of position.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

They appointed an absolute novice who was a key part of the previous failed regime.

This was utterly predictable, we will probably be OK this year but moving forward we could well be in trouble next year.

The coaching team are very fortunate that fans are not in AG and probably won’t be this season.

The thing that really gets me is the lie, the lie that we want to be promoted. This needs to stop and a bit of honesty is required, we don’t have that ambition at all. Mid- table mediocrity and 20k + crowds are all that matter.

Trouble is playing this crap every week we wont be getting £20k crowds for much longer

Just now, ScottishRed said:

I think you are right, can't see the crowds next season being anywhere near what they were, and Dean Holden can thank his lucky stars were not there this season.

Are clueless manager has to put his hands up that he got it wrong again.

Again totally dominated in midfield, where we are playing a defender, along with a striker / winger depending what you think Semenyo is and Palmer who is only any good as a number 10 and never going to help win a midfield battle.

An injured midfielder as left back to be replaced by a old right back whos legs have gone.

Trying to play tippy tappy football on a pitch that makes the men look good.

So when its not working we wait and wait then put our striker on the wing

He does not know what style of play we are trying to achieve or how to affect a game when we are being beaten up.

But sure he will say it was close, pitch was poor and we go again - Brentford can't wait

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Awful. Ref was shocking and probably wears Rooney Man Utd pajamas to bed which of course made it even harder.

I don't get the Wells and Fam partnership. It looks awful.

I think what is up top often has a big say in how the whole team plays.

We had 2 on 3 in midfield in Vyner and Nagy, with Palmer and Semenyo coming narrow so trying to make up for it but then we are getting done down the sides.

I think Derby have some quality players, but we were so poorly set up. 

No doubt Williams would have helped massively, but I still think we lose that game. The way we played was all wrong.

Positives were Nagy and Owura, who really looks like he could be a player. 19 years of age!? I would rather us chuck him and Antoine on the wings and go one up top and then try and have a more solid look without the ball. 

Jon , the worry for me is. We’ve gone 2v 3 against Norwich , Huddersfield and now Derby and lost midfield every time. As we all know , games are won & lost in midfield. How can Holden not see this . If we want to get up the pitch, play 352/451 contain midfield , allow our back four to squeeze up . Mawson & kalas look terrified of being played through and we’re stretched . There’s a team of professional coaches that keep making the same mistakes 

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

There's usually a reason why the players aren't interested and that's down to the way they are coached and the tactics they have to play to, also being played out of position.

Perhaps, but not sure that's entirely a valid argument. They are paid well to play at this level. But can't seem to string more than a few passes together, win very few 50/50 challenges and show little desire to be competitive. 

Whatever the tactics are they are bound to require a bit of effort!

Obviously DH seems a bit lost in what he's doing, but that shouldn't stop the players at least having a go.

22 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

From Mawson!

Exactly. One of our most positive players when attacking in a central defender.

Am I hearing right that we haven’t had a corner in 3 and a half hours of league football, whilst our opponents have had 18? Shocking, this needs to be addressed.

Archived