IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

I despair.  More Frickin midfielders than you could swing a Holden at pre season, but not one who can pass a football?    Then he gives Edwards 10 minutes.   86 minutes of ineptitude in front of goal, and outthought by a Granny fondler.  What have we done to deserve DH?  Now looking forward to a post match post mortem on how it was a terrible pitch, and how unlucky we were, and on it goes.....blah blah!

I do wonder about the passive nature of the team. Holden seems to have a very good relationship with the players . Is it too good . I wonder if it’s still the same as when he was no2 . I’m not saying he has to be a right bastard but he’s their manager not their mate . We’ve got a reputation as a club of being soft , other managers have said this . It needs to change 

Just now, fanjita said:

Just listened to his post match interview “ we’ve had some good performances of late” does he actually watch any of the games, incredible 

It's not so much that he is lying to us more that he actually believes it that bothers me. If you refuse to recognise you have a problem you are never going to fix it.

A man sadly out of his depth I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Are clueless manager has to put his hands up that he got it wrong again.

Again totally dominated in midfield, where we are playing a defender, along with a striker / winger depending what you think Semenyo is and Palmer who is only any good as a number 10 and never going to help win a midfield battle.

An injured midfielder as left back to be replaced by a old right back whos legs have gone.

Trying to play tippy tappy football on a pitch that makes the men look good.

So when its not working we wait and wait then put our striker on the wing

He does not know what style of play we are trying to achieve or how to affect a game when we are being beaten up.

But sure he will say it was close, pitch was poor and we go again - Brentford can't wait

What is remarkable is that at the start of the season we had so many midfielders we didn’t know what to do! I know injuries have dented that but even so you’d hope we could put out a decent, balanced midfield.

4 minutes ago, mossey said:

Just heard Holdens interview, and when asked about new players coming in by Monday, his response tells me, and says all, he doesn’t know, and it’s out of his hands!?

Hang on though, didn't Holden tell us he and Ashton spoke several times a day?

Is one of them lying, are both of them lying or are they just equally incompetent?

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Hang on though, didn't Holden tell us he and Ashton spoke several times a day?

Is one of them lying, are both of them lying or are they just equally incompetent?

Yes once when he takes MA's morning coffee in to him then again when he takes him his lunch and lastly his afternoon tea  :) 

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yes it did sound like that he didn’t know either way

Surely that doesn't mean Ashton does the recruitment? We know that's not true, Ashton told us so and he would never lie.

And Holden told us they speak several times a day so he must be in the know, mustn't he?

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

Haven’t read back on the thread- so I’m sure this has been said -  but is it really necessary to show Rooney every bloody 10 seconds 

Boring match with dross football so perhaps the camera director thought wtf else should i show to keep the viewer figures from dipping below 50. Just a thought.

26 minutes ago, mossey said:

Just heard Holdens interview, and when asked about new players coming in by Monday, his response tells me, and says all, he doesn’t know, and it’s out of his hands!?

Not counting Lansbury? And is this fella any good? So much for the young team; the squad is cranking up in age now.

Mawson, Nagy and Bents leave with some credit today. 

But that was a tough, tough watch. It’s no secret we aren’t going up this season, so I’d like to see us stick to our planned 532 (we’ve got the centre halves now) and play our game. Let’s see how we do. If we’re in really hot water come April, change needed.

34 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Just listened to his post match interview “ we’ve had some good performances of late” does he actually watch any of the games, incredible 

Millwall was good, PNE was good, Wycombe wasn't bad, 

Do half games count ?  If so, Huddersfield.

Rotherham, Luton, Norwich, were all worse games imo even though we were awful today.

Safe to say that the bad outweighs the good by some margin - and the bad is very bad. 

16 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Perhaps, but not sure that's entirely a valid argument. They are paid well to play at this level. But can't seem to string more than a few passes together, win very few 50/50 challenges and show little desire to be competitive. 

Whatever the tactics are they are bound to require a bit of effort!

Obviously DH seems a bit lost in what he's doing, but that shouldn't stop the players at least having a go.

I think those are fair points.

I just don’t feel the players are motivated when they go out,now some of that is down to them but a lot of it is down to the coaches and the preparation that they put in in the build up to the game.

I clearly don’t attend training so maybe I am wrong but it feels a bit low key #toocosy.

Archived