IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

Today caps the latest in a long line of dismal performances under Holden, IMO. Off the top of my head:

Boro (h), Norwich (h), Huddersfield (a - for 70 minutes), Cardiff (a), QPR (a - for 45 minutes), Rotherham (a), Millwall (h), Preston (a), Luton (a), Norwich (a), Huddersfield (h - for 70 minutes), Derby (a), and now Cardiff (h). 

That’s ten whole games and at least three more halves — more than a quarter of the season. This is consistently the worst football I’ve seen since Millen or McInnes and that might be harsh on them.

Now I don’t expect us to win every game and I empathise with the injuries, but is it too much to expect us to compete with a Cardiff side with a sub ‘keeper in goal? I don’t think so.

The bottom line is the performances under Holden are largely abysmal and the results are starting to reflect that. Four defeats in the last six games now. Holden’s inexperience is being shown through tactical ineptitude. For example, Lansbury hasn’t even had an U23 game and is thrown in for most of the game today — in defensive midfield, ahead of others who’ve done well in that role this season. 

The board will start tapping us up for ST money soon. Who in their right mind wants to watch this dross? The worrying thing for me is there’s little hope of this getting any better as no manager worth their salt will accept working under Ashton. Drastic change is required otherwise I think we are in real danger of relegation next year. 

All my opinion, of course. 

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. I have very little confidence in the current boardroom set up at the club but surely there will be no chance of another internal appointment - SL would genuinely have to be brain dead to do it for a fourth time..

If he's done it 3 times without learning, he already appears brain dead tbf. 

Unfortunately I think he’s got to go now. I really wanted it to work out for him, but I just don’t think he’s of the level we need right now. 

I appreciate covid/injuries but I just don’t have much faith in him bringing us on as a club. Don’t blame him at all for taking the job, of course he would.

I’d like to see what a more experienced hand could do with our squad - someone like Paul Cook who’s definitely earned his turn at a higher level.

I think we’ll stick with Holden though and ride out the season whilst (probably) being safe from a relegation scrap.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unfortunately I think he’s got to go now. I really wanted it to work out for him, but I just don’t think he’s of the level we need right now. 

I appreciate covid/injuries but I just don’t have much faith in him bringing us on as a club. Don’t blame him at all for taking the job, of course he would.

I’d like to see what a more experienced hand could do with our squad - someone like Paul Cook who’s definitely earned his turn at a higher level.

I think we’ll stick with Holden though and ride out the season whilst (probably) being safe from a relegation scrap.

Yeah I agree we will probably be comfortably safe point wise, and that had to be the only objective of his appointment during this pandemic.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree , players are coming back but we’re going backwards. Please explain to me the game plan when the three subs were made 

I very rarely comment directly after poor performances, and even when you take into account injuries and C19... however...some of the decisions and tactics this season have been absolutely baffling.

It's some of the most amateurish decision making I've ever seen.

In all seriousness, do any of our coaching staff have leadership qualities? They all come across as pretenders. Would I be listening and respecting what they had to say as a player? Everything comes across as amateurish...I look at our three coaches and all I get in my head is Only Fools and Horses. 

All three of them have to go imo.

I can forgive results...but our football is the worst I've seen on a consistent basis for a long time.

The reality is, fans are sick to death of the world we are living in, they look for a bit of respite from their team...not to come away like you want to slash your wrists after most games.

In all seriousness, this will hit the club in the pocket, fans will not return in numbers if this sham continues.

1 minute ago, Redandproud said:

Maybe because other managers want control of transfers, not with MA at the club

Yeh . Ashton has to go too. A complete restructure. **** all this head coach garbage, it hasn’t and will not work for us. Get a proper manager in and let him run the lot. This team is screaming out for that. A bit of leadership!!!

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I very rarely comment directly after poor performances, and even when you take into account injuries and C19... however...some of the decisions and tactics this season have been absolutely baffling.

It's some of the most amateurish decision making I've ever seen.

In all seriousness, do any of our coaching staff have leadership qualities? They all come across as pretenders. Would I be listening and respecting what they had to say as a player? Everything comes across as amateurish...I look at our three coaches and all I get in my head is Only Fools and Horses. 

All three of them have to go imo.

I can forgive results...but our football is the worst I've seen on a consistent basis for a long time.

The reality is, fans are sick to death of the world we are living in, they look for a bit of respite from their team...not to come away like you want to slash your wrists after most games.

In all seriousness, this will hit the club in the pocket, fans will not return in numbers if this sham continues.

I see no leadership qualities in the Head Coach nor the Assistants 

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

It's hard to believe that we have actually regressed so much since the sacking of LJ.

The club just seems to be in a complete mess at the moment

It's going to take more than just a change in manager now

With all due respect, I’m not so sure we’ve gone backwards under Holden.  The club is in a disarray despite the training ground and the Gate.  Heartbreaking....

Out of your depth Deano, real shame but you have to go NOW before this becomes a serious situation at the club. We are going backwards FAST. Needs an experienced coach at this level. Today clearly shown to me that there is no game plan. We have a weak under belly against physical teams and we have no leaders.

Just now, Redpool said:

I see no leadership qualities in the Head Coach nor the Assistants 

They all leave me cold. You can warm to people, respect people, feel peoples presence...listen to them and think ' these people know what they are talking about'. Demand respect...showing leadership qualities.

These three don't have that...they don't stand out, they aren't leaders. They are just grey. The sort of people you'd walk past and not even notice. No disrespect to them...that's just how they are, but you don't want that leading your Club.

You need leaders. They aren't.

It's a cross between Del Boy and Froda coaching. 

Archived