IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think everyone is forgetting something . It took Ashton two months to appoint Holden . By sacking him now they’re admitting they got it wrong and they won’t do it. Surely though Ashton has to be under serious pressure. 

Absolutely. They had to do so much spin with the announcement to make it sound like he was their ideal choice when they appointed him; Ashton and Lansdown can't be seen to be wrong so quickly. I honestly think Holden will be here until the end of the season (or until 40ish games played).

I just pray that Ashton is working in the background right now to identify a new manager for when Holden is shown the door.

Just now, YGBjammy said:

Absolutely. They had to do so much spin with the announcement to make it sound like he was their ideal choice when they appointed him; Ashton and Lansdown can't be seen to be wrong so quickly. I honestly think Holden will be here until the end of the season (or until 40ish games played).

I just pray that Ashton is working in the background right now to identify a new manager for when Holden is shown the door.

I wouldn’t trust Ashton to appoint a cleaner never mind the new manager. It’ll be Michael Appleton 

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

If I was Mark Ashton I'd be working on finding my next job - probably with the EFL - as the wheels are about to fall off this wagon.

I've felt all along that Hughton or Cook were better options but...

Holden can still end this season in credit. If we beat Blades in mid-week we have an opportunity to achieve something exciting in the cup.

The next game will be defining...

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

Holden can still end this season in credit. If we beat Blades in mid-week we have an opportunity to achieve something exciting in the cup.

funny you say that I recon the next game will be the least defining. In fact I think its all irrelevant as he isnt going to be gone anytime soon.

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don’t get this

Surely it’s not about whether we finish 10th , 12th , 16th ( The only important spots are top six or bottom 3)

or whether we scramble to an FA Cup 1/4 final

Surely it’s about , at the very least , seeing the green shoots of something forming with a view to looking forward to next season and beyond 

This is concerning

image.thumb.png.05365f8850564e25be21da9ce2c41021.png

In the last 2 home games, we have been outplayed, yet somehow beat the team currently at the bottom and today we were utter crap against the team that were 2nd bottom before todays games. The one before that, we limped past the 4th bottom.

As for our away form, we're bottom already as we can't even win a raffle away from BS3.

image.thumb.png.232f5d5738b6c89313225df64633d139.png

Crap home form and awful away form.

If you go on the last 3 games overall we would be bottom ourselves. 

Happy bloody days eh! :(

I thought I would get the last 10 overall, looking for something more +ve but..

image.png.79b47710971c17e22914adbd0d144bd2.png

We are soo shit! 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

In credit? FFS  That is soooo Lee Johnson.

Wasn't DH given the job because he'd be a breathe of fresh air? Front foot football, blah blah blah

The guy's got no credit, in my book . None

What if he got City (somehow) to an FA cup semi final?

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I don’t get this

Surely it’s not about whether we finish 10th , 12th , 16th ( The only important spots are top six or bottom 3)

or whether we scramble to an FA Cup 1/4 final

Surely it’s about , at the very least , seeing the green shoots of something forming with a view to looking forward to next season and beyond 

Absolutely this bit in bold. 

Apart from 10 minute spells here and there this season, I haven’t seen a clear plan of how we want to play and progress. It feels like squad (expensive one at that!) has just been thrown together on the pitch and the management are hoping for the best. I don’t see the what plan is, what the tactics are and where do we go from here? It’s all just a bit frantic.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Absolutely this bit in bold. 

Apart from 10 minute spells here and there this season, I haven’t seen a clear plan of how we want to play and progress. It feels like squad (expensive one at that!) has just been thrown together on the pitch and the management are hoping for the best. I don’t see the what plan is, what the tactics are and where do we go from here? It’s all just a bit frantic.

Thats because there is no plan.....there is no other side like it in the league. EVERY club in this league has a plan, apart from us and perhaps Sheff Wed.

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think everyone is forgetting something . It took Ashton two months to appoint Holden . By sacking him now they’re admitting they got it wrong and they won’t do it. Surely though Ashton has to be under serious pressure. 

That would need Lansdown admitting that he got it wrong and that takes a long time.

City will not sack Holden, because of the pandemic i.e. there are more than enough uncertainties for the club without adding to that by sacking your manager. The only fact that will change this is if we are relegated (a possibility but remote).

They will eventually sack Holden as they already know he is not up to the job, but at a time that suits the club (owner). However any new appointment will be a ‘chief coach’ and not a manager. Therefore we can rule out any of the managers who want to sign their own players. The new man would have to be happy to coach the players he is provided with (and be good at saying ‘Yes, sir’).

The Owner will take zero notice of what the supporters have to say. The owner has already stated that in a very ‘tetchy’ reply on Geoff Twentyman’s program when Lee Johnson’s position was questioned the season before last.

I'm waiting for Nottingham Forest to overtake us in the league. It's taken a few months for Hughton to stamp his authority, but they're slowly but surely moving up the table.

The complete opposite is happening with us, I don't see any pattern or style being applied to our team influenced by Holden.

Give it a few more weeks and I'm pretty sure we'll all be looking at Forest with envy.

17 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I'm waiting for Nottingham Forest to overtake us in the league. It's taken a few months for Hughton to stamp his authority, but they're slowly but surely moving up the table.

The complete opposite is happening with us, I don't see any pattern or style being applied to our team influenced by Holden.

Give it a few more weeks and I'm pretty sure we'll all be looking at Forest with envy.

Precisely.

The players look disheartened. They know all is not well at this club. They are not being utilised properly. They are not improving either their game or their career prospects.

They might like Holden, but they look defeated before they kick a ball. 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Precisely.

The players look disheartened. They know all is not well at this club. They are not being utilised properly. They are not improving either their game or their career prospects.

They might like Holden, but they look defeated before they kick a ball. 

I thought the heads fell at the final whistle today markedly, seen it before when something is not right behind the scenes.

On 30/01/2021 at 16:57, dREDful said:

Don't care where we are in the table, this is the worst football I've ever seen at any level. It's a disgrace. 

He might be a nice guy, but frankly he's not got a ******* clue what he's doing. 

Is he worse than Osman, Tins or Millen to name just three? Open question. Lots of you will be able to put your finger on it short fashion I am sure, including you DRed.

33 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I think Cardiff will finish above us too. MM is beginning to galvanise them.

3 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

I think Cardiff will finish above us too. MM is beginning to galvanise them.

i would not be surprised to him sneak them into the play offs either. A tall order but anything is possible with the right type of manager like Mick at Cardiff and Neil at Boro and both will be thereabouts. City will be lucky to finish top half.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

This is concerning

image.thumb.png.05365f8850564e25be21da9ce2c41021.png

In the last 2 home games, we have been outplayed, yet somehow beat the team currently at the bottom and today we were utter crap against the team that were 2nd bottom before todays games. The one before that, we limped past the 4th bottom.

As for our away form, we're bottom already as we can't even win a raffle away from BS3.

image.thumb.png.232f5d5738b6c89313225df64633d139.png

Crap home form and awful away form.

If you go on the last 3 games overall we would be bottom ourselves. 

Happy bloody days eh! :(

I thought I would get the last 10 overall, looking for something more +ve but..

image.png.79b47710971c17e22914adbd0d144bd2.png

We are soo shit! 

Well done putting this together , just shows how bad we have become 

Archived