IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

8 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

I feel like I am being generous here but ignoring the cup game, win/lose or draw this is how I can see the next games going, 4 points from a possible 12 (will that be enough to keep him in a job).

Watford v BC - Defeat
BC v Reading - Draw
BC v Barnsley - Win
Boro v BC - Defeat

I can easily see us losing all 4 of those games. All of them are playing better than us. But would 12 defeats in 15 games be enough for SL to make a change?

However for as long as we keep the current club structure, where MA is in charge of pretty much everything, and he remains in post, a new Head Coach is as much use as rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

13 hours ago, grifty said:

Oh good, I've been waiting for this topic to come up on here. Been surprised no-one has mentioned it before.

The subject is that Dean Holden has admitted  publicly that he is a novice. 

Did he say this at his interview ? 

Did Uncle Steve believe that putting a novice coach in charge was the key to achieving his stated goal of Prem football ?

Are We being lied to ?

I am aware of the debate over DH’s qualifications for the job but I believe this is the first time that he has publicly expressed a doubt over his own capability . 

It makes me think of the John Ward moment when he expressed ,in the media, that he needed help because he didn’t know what else to do.

We all know how that turned out. 

I am a bit disappointed that the mods saw fit to merge my thread into the ‘ Sack him ‘ thread as I feel it offered a different angle to our situation and not just an outburst of anger after yet another disappointing performance.

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The subject is that Dean Holden has admitted  publicly that he is a novice. 

Did he say this at his interview ? 

Did Uncle Steve believe that putting a novice coach in charge was the key to achieving his stated goal of Prem football ?

Are We being lied to ?

I am aware of the debate over DH’s qualifications for the job but I believe this is the first time that he has publicly expressed a doubt over his own capability . 

It makes me think of the John Ward moment when he expressed ,in the media, that he needed help because he didn’t know what else to do.

We all know how that turned out. 

I am a bit disappointed that the mods saw fit to merge my thread into the ‘ Sack him ‘ thread as I feel it offered a different angle to our situation and not just an outburst of anger after yet another disappointing performance.

Well of course he’s a novice: he’s only been Head Coach for half a season.  Nothing terribly surprising in that.  But he’s been coaching for several years, so in that sense he is not a novice.  The club acknowledged that in bringing in Simpson and Downing, two experienced coaches.  I haven’t heard anything to suggest that, like Ward, he has asked for extra help.

Look, all this ‘are we being lied to’ stuff is such nonsense.  The club appointed Holden, Simpson and Downing and were clear why they were doing it.  I assume the pandemic was a major factor in deciding that this season was not the right time for a rebuild, so the club took a punt.  At the moment it has had mixed results: we’re six points off the play-offs and in the fifth round of the FACup - so we can hardly say it’s been unsuccessful, but not as successful as the club would have wanted.  Can’t we just move on from there? 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well of course he’s a novice: he’s only been Head Coach for half a season.  Nothing terribly surprising in that.  But he’s been coaching for several years, so in that sense he is not a novice.  The club acknowledged that in bringing in Simpson and Downing, two experienced coaches.  I haven’t heard anything to suggest that, like Ward, he has asked for extra help.

Look, all this ‘are we being lied to’ stuff is such nonsense.  The club appointed Holden, Simpson and Downing and were clear why they were doing it.  I assume the pandemic was a major factor in deciding that this season was not the right time for a rebuild, so the club took a punt.  At the moment it has had mixed results: we’re six points off the play-offs and in the fifth round of the FACup - so we can hardly say it’s been unsuccessful, but not as successful as the club would have wanted.  Can’t we just move on from there? 

Yep.  It’s like some want to change history.

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry but Holden, Simpson and Downing didn’t come as a package per se. MA & JL appointed Deano and then he was left scrabbling around at the last minute for coaches to help him, as he had got rid of McAllister. There was no evidence of a grand plan.

This has cock-up written all over it. Principles (the club set up) over pragmatism - appoint the best man with the most experience and let him get on with it. But no we go for the cheap “Yes Man” novice appointment because no boats will be rocked. Only holed below the waterline and sinking fast!

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Sorry but Holden, Simpson and Downing didn’t come as a package per se. MA & JL appointed Deano and then he was left scrabbling around at the last minute for coaches to help him, as he had got rid of McAllister. There was no evidence of a grand plan.

This has cock-up written all over it. Principles (the club set up) over pragmatism - appoint the best man with the most experience and let him get on with it. But no we go for the cheap “Yes Man” novice appointment because no boats will be rocked. Only holed below the waterline and sinking fast!

amusing re your username.

So, Tisdale departs the gas after a dismal run of results.

However if you check out the form guide over the last 15 games, the gas have only got 3 less points than is during that period (City 15, Rovers 12).

DH can count himself very lucky he had that first honeymoon month of the season.

Because without it, we would be in the bottom three in the division; and the clamour for change would be even louder.

On 30/01/2021 at 23:56, Atticus said:

Baker, Wells and Fam are imo also.

It’s a squad capable of the playoffs, min top ten finish and with a bit of luck automatic. We are just not playing to the players strengths or playing a system where by ones form or injury is a problem a player can step in.  It’s tinker bell tactics.  Injury’s are a poor Managers excuse.  

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

He won't be sacked this season as he was appointed for this season due to Covid. His role is to make sure when we get through it we are still in championship. 10 more points and it will be job done and then the real stuff can start again.

You’ve claimed this numerous times

I assume this is just your opinion , although you repeat it as some sort of ITK

I think they will try to give Holden the season out of respect to a rookie. However if we do slip into the bottom 4 or 5 panic stations may commence early. 

There maybe be something in the rumour about Season Tickets not being put on sale until the summer and the introduction of a new Head Coach may be the catalyst they need to sell decent numbers.

Archived