IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

You’ve claimed this numerous times

I assume this is just your opinion , although you repeat it as some sort of ITK

I wish I was in the know. Sadly its been proven time after time that I often know nothing!

But yeh opinon. I think that is why it took so long to come to a decision with appointing someone. A proven experienced manager would have asked for funds and nothing could be guaranteed with no revenue from fans etc.

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

I wish I was in the know. Sadly its been proven time after time that I often know nothing!

But yeh opinon. I think that is why it took so long to come to a decision with appointing someone. A proven experienced manager would have asked for funds and nothing could be guaranteed with no revenue from fans etc.

Ok thks

I’d like to think you are right and that we were so astute to think ahead that way 

Fwiw I don’t think we will get to know as I sense he’s on borrowed time and in the red zone 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

add to that,they stated there were no targets for holden to achieve this season. i , like you, believe he was appointed just to be 'a' head coach for this season

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He won't be sacked this season as he was appointed for this season due to Covid. His role is to make sure when we get through it we are still in championship. 10 more points and it will be job done and then the real stuff can start again.

At the moment I am not sure where the 10 points will come from

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ok thks

I’d like to think you are right and that we were so astute to think ahead that way 

Fwiw I don’t think we will get to know as I sense he’s on borrowed time and in the red zone 

It makes sense to me. A proven manager is likely to want funds and Covid meant that was impossible.

I think for all the abuse that SL and Ashton get, this was a sensible appointment providing we stay up (which I think we will). I seem to be in a minority on this though. I just find it hard to care too much when we are watching every game in a soulless stadium on tv. It would be nice though to see some good football to compensate!

I also think he has been pretty unlucky with injuries. I'm not claiming we would be top 6 without them but it certainly would have given him a 'fairer' crack of the whip.

The difference between us and other clubs that have real ambitions of promotion is that Bristol Sport are not going to get rid of Holden for not getting us near the playoffs, whatever might have been said in terms of expectations. And given previous experience with SL, Deano will only be shown the door if we are flirting with relegation. In other words, actions won’t match the words.

At the moment, our league position belies our actual performances and form. However if the current run of results continues through the rest of this month, we will be clearly bottom half and looking downwards. Even then based on previous experience, SL won’t be quick to pull the trigger. By which stage, it could be too late to stop the slide, plus who would we get in to replace Holden other than one of his deputies, at least temporarily.

Football teams typically follow in the image of the manager.

no surprise we are absolutely boring and look way out of our depth as that is an absolute reflection of Holdens situation.

I will gladly stick my neck out and say he’ll never manage at this level ever again and we are simply seeing this utter farce play out until the lansdowns finally put us all out of this misery.

Lets park the promotion word for a while how about we get someone in who can actually get a side of championship players to shoot on target more than once per game!!

1 hour ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Football teams typically follow in the image of the manager.

no surprise we are absolutely boring and look way out of our depth as that is an absolute reflection of Holdens situation.

I will gladly stick my neck out and say he’ll never manage at this level ever again and we are simply seeing this utter farce play out until the lansdowns finally put us all out of this misery.

Lets park the promotion word for a while how about we get someone in who can actually get a side of championship players to shoot on target more than once per game!!

Like that fella- what's his name now- at Forest? He seems like a cracker. I wonder how they got hold of him....,?

Can’t keep giving bad coaches good players, you end up with a bloated squad. Exactly what happened to the Bears with the Lansdowns bringing in Andy Robinson. Time for an F5 refresh, but a proper one sorry to say. These players are good enough even with the injuries this season, the football is so dull & naive. 

7 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I sort of understand what you’re saying, and given hindsight on how the country has gone since then would seem plausible. 
Also when we was searching ST were already sold and the country was looking likely that it may get back at some point this season. I doubt JL and MA knew about the second lock down coming let alone the third. 
Would it not be unreasonable to say to any applicant we just want to get through the first season without spending very much due the pandemic and try and go again next season. 
Surely any manager looking for a job at that point, would of thought they could work with the current team for one season? 

8 hours ago, Cardy said:

I think they will try to give Holden the season out of respect to a rookie. However if we do slip into the bottom 4 or 5 panic stations may commence early. 

There maybe be something in the rumour about Season Tickets not being put on sale until the summer and the introduction of a new Head Coach may be the catalyst they need to sell decent numbers.

I think he’ll still be here next season , the financial implications of covid will still impact us and many other clubs for more years to come. We’ve made substantial losses in the last accounts , we’re about to lose Fam for nothing and still incurring costs. I think we have to accept the club will continue to review its outgoings and like it or not Holden is a cheaper option 

Just do it. There HAS to be a hidden gem out there, I know the budgets are different, but there must be someone.

Millions wasted on transfer fees. Back the right person, let them do their job without Ashton. Sit back & just at the very least hope for some passion. PLEASE. 

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Pat Lam wasn’t a hidden gem

he was/is widely regarded as one of the best coaches in rugby and told the world he basically joined Bristol for the money as it was life changing

Which is why I don’t understand why we went cheap with Holden other than to keep Ashton happy having a “yes man”.

If Holden goes, Ashton has to go as well. There is no other way of achieving the necessary change.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Which is why I don’t understand why we went cheap with Holden other than to keep Ashton happy having a “yes man”.

If Holden goes, Ashton has to go as well. There is no other way of achieving the necessary change.

Agreed it does seem odd we have that approach in rugby yet when faced with the option of Hughton or Cook we clearly went for the cheapest option 

Just now, Nugget said:

It's everything Lam has brought in, the mindset, the passion, the culture, playing for the shirt. Everything is in place for someone to come in like that, what an opportunity.

The difference is who actually runs the rugby club. Proper rugby people with a true understanding of the game.

Who do we have? Ashton and JL. I will say no more...

Agree. Perfect time to get someone in with the contracts up for renewal. 

Been a fan of both clubs for Years, arguably they blew money on Andy Robinson too he should have gone way before, this current era reminds me of that. Change the guy at the top the rest will follow, but if they are shackled. Groundhog Day. I hope this is the chance to change it, get someone fresh in, loads out of contract, new training facilities, such potential for the right person.

Archived