IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

Both, but Snakey Ashton will talk his way around Steve.

Until Ashton is gone, we won't get a decent manager in, because they won't dance to his tune. 

Best bet is that he wants to leave to concentrate on his position with the EFL.....

Break the bank to get Jokanovic in. Anyone with Championship experience, Cook as a backup if Slav says no.

I would of said McCarthy had that ship not already sailed, being the more sensible option. We need to rip out this heirarchy at the club root and stem and start afresh.

Ashton pinned his hopes on Holden, and its fudged him completely, needs to go. Receruiment the last 12 months has been frankly pathetic and smashed whatever was left of teh 'Pillars' into dust.

We have an inept coaching setup, zero creativity and identity, clueless (apparent) scouts who can't spot anyone unless their record was fantastic looking at statistics in this league from 6 years ago, a hopeless contract situation, useless fitness team.

Every single area of the coaching and medical setup the last 12 months has been a complete farce filled with yes-men with no track records. If this isn't resolved in a competant manner, then we're utterly fubar for next season.

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

So dig a bit deeper Harry and that’s the man who appointed and backs Ashton

Absolutely. SL is responsible for Ashton. But SL ain’t going anywhere. If he wants to make a change, Ashton has to go. 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Let’s not forget the Chairman’s role in this mess. 

2nd time the house has seemingly burned down while he’s been given far more responsibility than he has talent for. 

mkrau GIF by My Kitchen Ruleslike his employees dont know what they are doing, apart from Ashton who knows what hes doing, setting himself up to retire........well off you go then Mark and shut the door.

Northern Streaky should never have been appointed in the first place and as for that reptile, to coin one of his phrases, let me be full and frank here he has taken this club back ten years.

The damage is done. Season well and truly over.

When you think how far we've gone backwards since losing 2:1 at home to Wolves it makes my heart sink

Just now, Swede said:

Northern Streaky should never have been appointed in the first place and as for that reptile, to coin one of his phrases, let me be full and frank here he has taken this club back ten years.

The damage is done. Season well and truly over.

When you think how far we've gone backwards since losing 2:1 at home to Wolves it makes my heart sink

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Originals

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but an ambitious club would have moved LJ on after the swing in results & performances proceeding that wolves game.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Said it for 5 years. Ashton is the problem. No point doing anything without first getting rid of him. 
Holden is not a managerial candidate in league 2. 
Both must go. 

We have had 4  years plus of BS and excuses. They were believing their own press. The lies, half truths and making it up have now superseded the owners millions. It has been excruciating to watch. The wasted opportunity even worse. Owner needs to grow some now and sort his own act out . It is with him, the rest counts for nothing, he has to change direction and bring in professional people of ability. If he does not sort himself out, we are going in one direction only. 

20 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Let’s not forget the Chairman’s role in this mess. 

2nd time the house has seemingly burned down while he’s been given far more responsibility than he has talent for. 

Very true.

Did JL not take a bigger role when SL moved to Guernsey? That went well!

SL by no means perfect but my suspicion as and when it's inherited by Jon Lansdown- based on that first time alone- is that things will only get worse.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Very true.

SL by no means perfect but my suspicion as and when it's inherited by Jon Lansdown- based on that first time alone- is that things will only get worse.

Someone on another post summed it up perfectly for me when they said Jon only appears when there’s a kit launch or new badge to show off. 
How many other chairmen in the league are front and centre of this kind of thing? Nice to do sure, but his bread and butter need to be football issues. Especially when the fans have turned against your Chief Exec and manager. I feel like we are more likely to hear from Steve on the running of the club than our chairman. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Very true.

Yes. SL decided he didn’t like how his taxes were being spent, so left day to day control with Junior (I think as CEO, can’t really remember) 

Unfortunately for Jnr, this coincided with a real down turn on the pitch and a cut in the playing budget; which after a prosperous few years on the pitch (relative to recent history) wasn’t well received on the terraces. 

Jnrs response to fan criticism of Millen was to say how the club needs to “block out the noise”.  While yes you’ll probably do that privately, but saying it publicly was a red rag to a ball, and eventually SL needed to take him out of the firing line. 

Archived