Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

I think Cardiff will finish above us too. MM is beginning to galvanise them.

i would not be surprised to him sneak them into the play offs either. A tall order but anything is possible with the right type of manager like Mick at Cardiff and Neil at Boro and both will be thereabouts. City will be lucky to finish top half.

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

This is concerning

image.thumb.png.05365f8850564e25be21da9ce2c41021.png

In the last 2 home games, we have been outplayed, yet somehow beat the team currently at the bottom and today we were utter crap against the team that were 2nd bottom before todays games. The one before that, we limped past the 4th bottom.

As for our away form, we're bottom already as we can't even win a raffle away from BS3.

image.thumb.png.232f5d5738b6c89313225df64633d139.png

Crap home form and awful away form.

If you go on the last 3 games overall we would be bottom ourselves. 

Happy bloody days eh! :(

I thought I would get the last 10 overall, looking for something more +ve but..

image.png.79b47710971c17e22914adbd0d144bd2.png

We are soo shit! 

Well done putting this together , just shows how bad we have become 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels horribly like a rerun of the Millen era. The board reluctantly sacking a Johnson after a long spell, eventually appointing his trusty ‘nice guy’ assistant after flirting with the idea of a more established manager.

At least back in 2010 we actually bit the bullet and bought one in for a few weeks!

Back then we also had an unbalanced squad on big wages and a clear lack of direction. Lots of strange coincidences. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 15
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It feels horribly like a rerun of the Millen era. The board reluctantly sacking a Johnson after a long spell, eventually appointing his trusty ‘nice guy’ assistant after flirting with the idea of a more established manager.

At least back in 2010 we actually bit the bullet and bought one in for a few weeks!

Back then we also had an unbalanced squad on big wages and a clear lack of direction. Lots of strange coincidences. 

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce"

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It feels horribly like a rerun of the Millen era. The board reluctantly sacking a Johnson after a long spell, eventually appointing his trusty ‘nice guy’ assistant after flirting with the idea of a more established manager.

At least back in 2010 we actually bit the bullet and bought one in for a few weeks!

Back then we also had an unbalanced squad on big wages and a clear lack of direction. Lots of strange coincidences. 

It has felt like a rerun of the Millen era from the moment Holden was announced! The coincidences aren't strange though - this is precisely what we should be expecting from Lansdown. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Absolutely. They had to do so much spin with the announcement to make it sound like he was their ideal choice when they appointed him; Ashton and Lansdown can't be seen to be wrong so quickly. I honestly think Holden will be here until the end of the season (or until 40ish games played).

I just pray that Ashton is working in the background right now to identify a new manager for when Holden is shown the door.

Does Ashton know though what he is looking for. Does Ashton know what a good head coach is worth. Does Ashton know that if he does get a good head coach that he needs not to micro manage the new head coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, City oz said:

Does Ashton know though what he is looking for. Does Ashton know what a good head coach is worth. Does Ashton know that if he does get a good head coach that he needs not to micro manage the new head coach.

He is an administrator who thinks he is qualified to be Head of Recruitment, Director of Football and Chief Scout. He isn't.

  • Like 8
  • Flames 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be amazed if we sack Holden, the club will cite we are only 6pts off the play offs in an injury ravaged squad etc etc. If we do though, we will probably interview for 6 weeks and end up with Paul Simpson!
With Ashton doing the interviews do you really think we will get a different 'style' of manager?

www.otibclothing.co.uk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, City oz said:

Does Ashton know though what he is looking for. Does Ashton know what a good head coach is worth. Does Ashton know that if he does get a good head coach that he needs not to micro manage the new head coach.

Perhaps Lansdown's demands of utilising the young players that we've developed limited Ashton's head coach search to rookie punts because the experienced managers refused to be dictated to. 

If that were the case, Ashton isn't so much to blame for poor head coach recruitment but more for trying to sell the lie that the recruitment strategy was open minded and selection on merit.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Real Red said:

I would be amazed if we sack Holden, the club will cite we are only 6pts off the play offs in an injury ravaged squad etc etc. If we do though, we will probably interview for 6 weeks and end up with Paul Simpson!
With Ashton doing the interviews do you really think we will get a different 'style' of manager?

www.otibclothing.co.uk

8 losses in 11 says he may be waking up....least

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

One hammering in there, but other than that, pretty impressive. Who is their gaffer these days?

Exactly... he'll have them going in the right direction, whilst we'll head south and be told in the not too distant future we're in transition again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glos old boy said:

8 losses in 11 says he may be waking up....least

Yes, but Ashton will then just employ a similar manager, he wants to be in control I fear.

www.otibclothing.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, spudski said:

Exactly... he'll have them going in the right direction, whilst we'll head south and be told in the not too distant future we're in transition again. 

Hughton would of done wonders with our squad IMO. I keep forgetting he wasn’t a nice enough human though was he..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bris red said:

Hughton would of done wonders with our squad IMO. I keep forgetting he wasn’t a nice enough human though was he..

More to do with fitting in with our blueprint imo.

It limits who will fit.

Basically blooding Academy products, buying and developing undervalued players, then selling them, mixed in with some old heads past their best. And agreeing to work with MA and his system of recruitment.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, City oz said:

Does Ashton know that if he does get a good head coach that he needs not to micro manage the new head coach.

He does indeed know..only too well.

That would entail relinquishment of X amount of control.

A risky business!

Edited by Son of Fred
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, spudski said:

Look at the turn around in Forests results.

Hughton is a class act. Some on here were saying "told you so" when he lost his 1st few matches in charge at Forest. And now, look at the results. Opportunity missed Lansdown & Ashton.  The problem is that CH wanted his own backroom staff also I assume.

Unfortunately Bristol City is a football club have a complete arse in Ashton pulling the strings. Season ticket sales will be down next season as most will just "pay as you go" including me. Pretty pissed off with it at the moment and just not missing football currently.

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mozo said:

Perhaps Lansdown's demands of utilising the young players that we've developed limited Ashton's head coach search to rookie punts because the experienced managers refused to be dictated to. 

If that were the case, Ashton isn't so much to blame for poor head coach recruitment but more for trying to sell the lie that the recruitment strategy was open minded and selection on merit.

I don't buy that SL's remit limited us to rookie punts at all. There are plenty of candidates out there, particularly in Europe, who could've come in, brought through the kids and had us playing far better than under Holden, IMO. 

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

More to do with fitting in with our blueprint imo.

It limits who will fit.

Basically blooding Academy products, buying and developing undervalued players, then selling them, mixed in with some old heads past their best. And agreeing to work with MA and his system of recruitment.

Hughton knows how to bring kids through, he ran the U21s at Spurs for years. The issue for him would've almost certainly been Ashton, specifically how and goes about recruiting players and the limited pool we seem to fish in. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Hughton is a class act. Some on here were saying "told you so" when he lost his 1st few matches in charge at Forest. And now, look at the results. Opportunity missed Lansdown & Ashton.  The problem is that CH wanted his own backroom staff also I assume.

Unfortunately Bristol City is a football club have a complete arse in Ashton pulling the strings

Not really the situation though. Don't confuse the puppet with his puppet master

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not really the situation though. Don't confuse the puppet with his puppet master

Don’t confuse the Strategy Planner and the Strategy Implementer. 

Steve was involved initially in both.

I suspect now, Ashton has been largely left to get on with it and what an absolute, utter disaster he has been. 

 

It’s all a friggin nightmare. IMO Ashton has ruined our Club and is now busy finishing us off. 

The only decent thing we’ve got is the ground and the training facilities where, I suspect, Ashton had little control. A coincidence? 

We’ve let things drift. Once LJ had gone (2 years too late)  it needed a ‘root and branch’. The opportunity has been lost, and we now have to watch our steady and rapidly accelerating decline. Thanks Ashton, I didn’t think any single person could be less popular than Pulis - he’s achieved that and then some. Let’s hope his beloved Oxford come in for him and quick. He can take his analysts, medics, fitness gurus, coaches, manager and CoD with him too. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2021 at 22:47, Ska Junkie said:

This is concerning

image.thumb.png.05365f8850564e25be21da9ce2c41021.png

In the last 2 home games, we have been outplayed, yet somehow beat the team currently at the bottom and today we were utter crap against the team that were 2nd bottom before todays games. The one before that, we limped past the 4th bottom.

As for our away form, we're bottom already as we can't even win a raffle away from BS3.

image.thumb.png.232f5d5738b6c89313225df64633d139.png

Crap home form and awful away form.

If you go on the last 3 games overall we would be bottom ourselves. 

Happy bloody days eh! :(

I thought I would get the last 10 overall, looking for something more +ve but..

image.png.79b47710971c17e22914adbd0d144bd2.png

We are soo shit! 

What bothers me the most about this is Forest, Hughton proving all those who were saying we didn't need him when Holden took over wrong. 

Hughton has taken a Forest team who had no confidence or direction and look at their form now. 

We really missed an opportunity with him and the fact that we took on Holden shows the utter lack of realisation that the coach /manager role is the most important signing that you can make if you genuinely want progression. 

  • Like 9
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spudski said:

More to do with fitting in with our blueprint imo.

It limits who will fit.

Basically blooding Academy products, buying and developing undervalued players, then selling them, mixed in with some old heads past their best. And agreeing to work with MA and his system of recruitment.

 

And be expected to deliver the play offs at the same time!

The idea you can regularly play someone as raw as Semenyo, or Bakinson for that matter, in a top 6 side I find baffling. 

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our transfer business showed naivety. I appreciate buying for a 352 - and Cotterill showed how that can work - but you need a plan B.

A plan B for a 352 is generally a formation containing wide attacking midfielders or wingers with pace. We don’t have the personnel for that - only O’Dowda and Semenyo (who’s learning the role) fit that description. I’m not including Edwards because clearly we didn’t anticipate him being first team. Palmer or Paterson could do it I suppose but they’re primarily central players.

In Cotterill’s side - we had players who could play wide if needed if a 352 wasn’t working. Freeman, Burns, Bryan, Agard even JET. 

I appreciate we’ve had injury problems - but we’ve hamstrung ourselves through a lack of options with our personnel. Too many central midfielders of similar type.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...