IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Like him ?

Have you read their forum 

A lot have him sussed as somebody who talks a lot 

A 2-2 draw at home to the might Gills today 

Yeah I’ve read one of their forums and twitter.  Not today though. Couldn’t quite see the game out today.  Most of the comments I’ve read is about a manager who knows what they need to improve and is doing it 

1 minute ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

Things are tight at the moment but we have just signed a player who was on a rumoured 40k a week at his previous club ?

That’s what I can’t understand myself tbh, but it seems they’re just holding out until they can start getting some income in. Tbf it’s been the same standard of football for 3 years now

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Judging by Ashton's interviews they are perfectly happy. In Ashton's words: "Dean is doing what we expected".

Tells you all you need to know about the level of expectation at the top.

I thought the expectation was Top 6. Wasn’t that why LJ was sacked?

I think its probably been said, but if Holden goes, who comes in? It took 6 weeks for the board to realise that no-one would come here in the current structure without accepting why that is, as it would mean someone relinquishing power, responsibility, become and become more vulnerable/accountable.

Holden is the only man that would accept that.

He’s going nowhere. The board made the decision of protection of roles vs. ambition in the summer and thats the way it is. All at the club are probably gleefully relieved we have somehow managed to get as many points as we have whilst somehow looking like the worst City side since 2013.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah I’ve read one of their forums and twitter.  Not today though. Couldn’t quite see the game out today.  Most of the comments I’ve read is about a manager who knows what they need to improve and is doing it 

Knows what they need to improve ?

He’s the one who assembled this squad of misfits

A lot to answer for IMHO

2 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

DH will get his chance this season, as there is no fans in the ground, no barracking etc. Just on OTIB. But if there were paying ST holders watching this crap, I would hazard a guess it would be getting pretty toxic about now.

Fact is Ashton is the decision maker. But the other fact is he has now run out of “star” players he can sale (apart from Bentley), so I reckon SL will give it until the summer - hopefully get pissed off with all this negativity, maybe make some changes then but would I buy a ST for next season? No.

That was bloody awful today.

I don't think it would. The days where our fan base really showed some edge are long gone. Since Bristol Sport come in and changed things, there is very little passion at home games now 

Souless 

6 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

DH will get his chance this season, as there is no fans in the ground, no barracking etc. Just on OTIB. But if there were paying ST holders watching this crap, I would hazard a guess it would be getting pretty toxic about now.

Fact is Ashton is the decision maker. But the other fact is he has now run out of “star” players he can sale (apart from Bentley), so I reckon SL will give it until the summer - hopefully get pissed off with all this negativity, maybe make some changes then but would I buy a ST for next season? No.

That was bloody awful today.

It would of been toxic from day one. No entertainment whatsoever 

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I thought the expectation was Top 6. Wasn’t that why LJ was sacked?

I think its probably been said, but if Holden goes, who comes in? It took 6 weeks for the board to realise that no-one would come here in the current structure without accepting why that is, as it would mean someone relinquishing power, responsibility, become vulnerable.

Holden is the only man that would accept that.

He’s going nowhere. The board made the decision of protection of roles vs. ambition in the summer and thats the way it is. All at the club are probably gleefully relieved we have somehow managed to get as many points as we have whilst somehow looking like the worst City side since 2013.

Ashton said when Holden was appointed that he had been given no target. Nice work if you can get it.

20 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I’d be screaming to sack him if we were in the bottom 3 but we are not. However, we have ridden our luck quite a few times this season, but today our luck ran out. What concerns me the most is the sheer lack of creativity and forwards who are bereft of any service. We have no sense of urgency when we fall behind and we just continually run down blind alleyways. Derby we’re happy to sit back on their lead and we made no attempt to try and get back into the game, instead, we played like we were the team with the lead. This is exactly the same death by playing it from side to side crap that we witnessed under Lee Johnson. We are a toothless side that effectively shuts down as soon as we fall behind.

Yep I agree,after we went down 1-0 ,we had no desire to get forward, what s load of tosh, this is what you get for employing a person with no experience of management, 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

People saying watch out, they will just give Simpson the job .... well he couldn't really do any worse could he?

I get that Ashton is at the root of everything wrong with the club, but in the short term getting rid of Holden can only help things I reckon. Holden appears to be tactically inept.

Stop blaming Ashton 

He is an employee under the Lansdowns. Buck stops with them 

Just now, chinapig said:

Ashton said when Holden was appointed that he had been given no target. Nice work if you can get it.

I hope the Tinman is prepping us some gems if we go the same way as we did a few years back and we sleepwalk into relegation next season and our expensively assembled increasingly ageing current crop leave.

Bit dramatic maybe but its not like it has not happened before to this football club has it?

Havent really commented on the guy since August, as i was just so happy that we had finally got rid of LJ (still delighted). Think we have all seen enough now to know that Holden isn’t going to take us up, nor would he ever manage another championship side again.

Jon Boy & his crayons are busy designing next season goalkeepers kit & we are safe from relegation, the football world is a strange one at the minute along with everything else in the world, who knows what is happening or what this rambling means? I don’t, im just bored & felt like typing.

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Havent really commented on the guy since August, as i was just so happy that we had finally got rid of LJ (still delighted). Think we have all seen enough now to know that Holden isn’t going to take us up, nor would he ever manage another championship side again.

Jon Boy & his crayons are busy designing next season goalkeepers kit & we are safe from relegation, the football world is a strange one at the minute along with everything else in the world, who knows what is happening or what this rambling means? I don’t, im just bored & felt like typing.

Love it ?

The players don't really look "up for it" at all.  We don't have any positive tactics and when we do get thr ball we don't seem to know what to do with it.  Most of our passes are sideways and backwards and when we do occasionally pass the ball forward, it is to an opposition player. We seem tobe second to every ball, we rarely win the 50/50 challenges and hardly ever pick up any loose balls as we are just standing around watching.

I know our players are much better than this and need someone to drill them, coach them and motivate them. Dean does not seem to be able to do that, but he will probably soon be signing a new 5-year contract.

The football this season has been duller than I have seen from a Bristol City team a long time. Even the games we have won have looked far from convincing.

Of course the players are taking home 15 or 20 grand per week for losing, so why should they be bothered.

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Some excellent observations ,

and good humour too

Fair play 

41 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

We don't have the money to sack him and get someone else in at the moment. Hence the appointment. He'll be here until we get the funds together to go for someone much much better.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

Call me pessimistic but I don't see it. Barring GJ and Cotts, All of SL's appointments have ended up being failures. LJ the possible exception but he was bankrolled to such a significant extent (as someone SL 'trusted') that we're now stuck with injury prone footballer on higher wages. It's a repeating cycle to when GJ was sacked.

- Assistant Appointed co-inciding with spending on 'established' footballers of the division not good enough for promotion.

- Overspend on wages.

- Cost-cut

- Relegated

- Rebuild.

Only difference this time is we have Ashton picking up his 6 figure salary on top.

Archived