IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

3 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

Well they are the owner and CEO so you do want them to have a bit of control over the club. 

Weak backbone is just insulting. 

Won’t kick up a fuss when told no. What are they being told no to? You can’t sign a better defender than Alfie Masson? You can’t sign a better midfielder than Joe Williams? You can’t have a better striker than the championships current leading scorer? You can only have a wage Bill that puts us 10m in red, not 11? 

SL doesn’t get along with big personalities  That’s very speculative and almost certainly wrong  Look at the most significant business relationship in SLs life. The man he built a multi billion pound business with. Hardly a happy go lucky wallflower is he? 

if your argument is about managerial selection missteps or a lack of clear philosophy when picking a manager, I can see that. But this ‘yes man’ thing is, I think, nonsense  

SL apparently gets on well with Pat Lam who is a giant personality and top quality Coach!

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I was answering a comment about the Millwall game not Derby

I was answering your point about maybe young fringe players should be given a game which I took to be a more general point.............and my point is that given the obvious state of the pitch today which was not fit for Professional Football why not stick a young player in who seems to have something about him and could help us play a non league style of football on a non league pitch simply by hugging the touchline and getting the ball in the box as often as he could.

Deja Vu

If Lee Johnson lost his job because we were falling short of the play offs last season and ending up mid table, take a look at the current win draw loss stats. They don't lie. 

Mid table average at best but look more closely we are in trouble. All that's missing is the winless run to take us further down the league. The tactics are shocking, the football's dire. It is a distinct possibility.

Already the top five clubs are moving away and it would take big swing of results to go our way to get up to the play offs or is it merely the aim to scuff 6th place on the last day of the season.

So here we are again falling away, indifferent rudderless football and heading for mid table obscurity.

Surely he has to go.

38 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not having that for one moment -

Based on what evidence exactly ?

(This has been gone through time and time and time again)

Fair enough, obviously you are entitled to your opinion but it’s the only logical conclusion to me given the fact we appointed a totally inexperienced and unqualified person to manage us. That screams to me that all the qualified people wouldn’t work under Ashtons regime. 

take the signing of Kasey Palmer as a classic example. No way did Johnson want to sign him. That was an Ashton signing all day long as he thought he could sell him on at a profit , problem was Johnson didn’t want / and or know how to use him bar a month when he shone with afobe.

1 hour ago, the1stknowle said:

Examples? Evidence?
Because every time they talk about it they say final sign off is with the manager. So that would be a direct, explicit lie would it? 

If you think the lansdowns and Ashton tell us everything straight up then that’s up to you. I don’t think they always tell us the whole truth. Ashton is a spin merchant, everyone can see that.

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If you think the lansdowns and Ashton tell us everything straight up then that’s up to you. I don’t think they always tell us the whole truth. Ashton is a spin merchant, everyone can see that.

And that is your proof...?! 

30 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Suprised how for once everyone is leaning towards him getting the sack, I can't disagree. We have a top 6 squad minimum and should be there.. and then theres the actual football we're playing. Attacking and exciting it is not.

Not 100% sure on this one. I can say with confidence a fit Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley and Mawson are top 6 easily. Not quite so totally convinced by the rest. 

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

its wrong to sack a successful manager. holdens job this season was to see we are in the championship starting line up next season. so far,hes well on track for that.  

No holdens job this season was to get us into the top 6 and take us to the next level as told to us by our ceo and chairman

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No holdens job this season was to get us into the top 6 and take us to the next level as told to us by our ceo and chairman

That is what we were told. It was not the fans asking for it, it was the owner. He sacked LJ because he wanted fresh ideas and a boost to take us higher. That is what he said. Though he says a lot of things that turn out to be blatant untruths. 

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Indeed. The expectations were clearly set out by tweedle dee and tweedle dum at the time when Holden was appointed, at no point did either of them say a mid table finish was the aim - they were clear they wanted progress and to challenge for the top 6.

Obviously in retrospect they were completely bullshitting the fanbase and their aim wasn’t that at all (as many of us at the time were saying) but at least now for all the happy clappers and Lansdown family fanboys the result and performances should speak for themselves, once again as a fanbase we have been led up the garden path.

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And are we currently not just 3 points away from that target, if you truly believe that to be benchmark for "success"..? 

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. The expectations were clearly set out by tweedle dee and tweedle dum at the time when Holden was appointed, at no point did either of them say a mid table finish was the aim - they were clear they wanted progress and to challenge for the top 6.

Obviously in retrospect they were completely bullshitting the fanbase and their aim wasn’t that at all (as many of us at the time were saying) but at least now for all the happy clappers and Lansdown family fanboys the result and performances should speak for themselves, once again as a fanbase we have been led up the garden path.

We are 3 points off the level you demand, *****. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

And are we currently not just 3 points away from that target, if you truly believe that to be benchmark for "success"..? 

And you think we will be there at the end of the season do you pal with our current performances? You deluded bellend.

27 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Fair enough, obviously you are entitled to your opinion but it’s the only logical conclusion to me given the fact we appointed a totally inexperienced and unqualified person to manage us. That screams to me that all the qualified people wouldn’t work under Ashtons regime. 

take the signing of Kasey Palmer as a classic example. No way did Johnson want to sign him. That was an Ashton signing all day long as he thought he could sell him on at a profit , problem was Johnson didn’t want / and or know how to use him bar a month when he shone with afobe.

I genuinely believe Johnson wanted Palmer....”give me a pre-season with Kasey” was his words.  Palmer was Johnson’s magpie’s shiny tin foil bottle top.  A chance to prove he could tame a maverick....Tomlin mk2.  The strategy around his signing was all wrong.  Szmodics, Pato, what was the plan?

I think the combo of Ashton and LJ was a bad one.  Ashton gets his ego massaged by “look at how I can deal with Chelsea”, LJ gets another player without a true plan.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

And you think we will be there at the end of the season do you pal with our current performances? You deluded bellend.

I'm going on factual fact, not presumed, self entitled sulking... 

manual manipulator. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm glad you are happy with how we are playing and the performances we are putting in, 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'm glad you are happy with how we are playing and the performances we are putting in, 

Astonishing isn’t it that will still have parts of the fanbase blindly in support of this clearly failing regime. Like fair enough if the performances were half about and it was a case of losing because of fine margins in games you could understand it but we are playing so so badly and it has been going on for a sustained period now- the football is genuinely the worst i have ever seen in the last 25 years supporting the club.

4 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

The fact is Bristol Rovers have a better manager than we do at the present time.  No-one has been able to say that for a long time.  

Ah yes... Please present us with Tisdales management record at league 1 level... 

And then feel free to add his championship record, if you like... 

Archived