IGNORED

4 shots on target in 195 mins.....

Lenners

Have we really come to accept this shite?

4 shots in the game, yet again. I watch football to be entertained, Dean Holden‘s football isn’t entertaining me and the results aren’t good enough for the brand to be accepted.

Fed up of paying £10 for this ******* shite every single week.

Now as we established following the Huddersfield game, there are those of us that do not believe stats matter. However, those who live in the real world know that they do.

We have mustered 4 shots on target in our last two games against 2 sides that the rest of the league have made look poor (both bottom half outfits). This is down to the way we play, not the personnel.

Despite the continued bleating about our injuries, we have a side that should be performing so much better. We have a keeper widely regarded as the best in the league, £28m worth of centre-halves, over 400 games worth of Championship experience at full back, an established international midfielder, who shines for his country, a £4m creative midfielder, and a £10m strikeforce. Why are we unable to produce meaningful attacks on the opposition goal week on week??!!

1-0 down at a Derby side who have 2 wins all season, a rookie manager, and we looked abysmal.

Chasing the game and removes Palmer and Wells, 5 minutes after changing the shape, and moving them around, only to change it again. I despair.

The lad Edwards looks bright and hungry though. Cannot wait to see that coached out of him as he doubles back and plays 10 yard balls back to his full-back repeatedly in a few weeks time.

We are poor. Thats the reality.

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

ThE oNlY sTaT tHaT mAtTeRs Is ThE sCoReLiNe 

Last three games: 11 shots for, 53 against.

Got to be seriously dense to come out with that haven’t you, especially when our results are only keeping us in mid table.

Our performances always catch up with us, every season.

We’d be in a relegation scrap without Bentley.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

You just have to laugh at that stat ***** knows what it's going to look like after Brentford?

If it goes to statistical form it'll be carnage.

What worries me is this:

This season we've averaged 8.81 shots, 3.04 of which are on target, per game. 

At the same time, on average, we score a goal after every 8.5 shots, or every 2.9 shots on target.

We're almost, nearly at a point where you can say that in our average game we should not realistically expect to score a goal.

It's averages so a pinch of salt is needed, but it's bad...and it's now worse than last season as well.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

What worries me is this:

At the same time, on average, we score a goal after every 8.5 shots, or every 2.9 shots on target.

We're almost, nearly at a point where you can say that in our average game we should not realistically expect to score a goal.

It's averages so a pinch of salt is needed, but it's bad...and it's now worse than last season as well.

Do you really need figures , figures and stats to work out our performances are awful ?

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What worries me is this:

Shove your stats up your..we all can see we are awful with our own eyes 

18 minutes ago, Lenners said:

Got to be seriously dense to come out with that haven’t you, especially when our results are only keeping us in mid table.

Our performances always catch up with us, every season.

We’d be in a relegation scrap without Bentley.

I think that’s in reference to the last match where many countered the result was the only stat that mattered.

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wycombe went to Brentford scored 2 in the first half and created numerous chances in the first half. A team rock bottom. We haven’t been creating nothing. Have Wycombe got a better side than us or a better Manager. 

Considering they’re 24 points behind us I’d probably say neither 

Swansea had 6 over their last 2 games- yet scored 4 goals and gained 4 points.

Rising to 8 in 3 games and from those, came 6 goals and in that little run 7 points- yet they're 2nd!

@TomThumb84 That works both ways- take Huddersfield for example- for what they create and put in, their results surely fall below their performance level.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@TomThumb84 That works both ways- take Huddersfield for example- for what they create and put in, their results surely fall below their performance level.

Against us!! Only us! They do not have 27 attempts on goal every week! What are you basing your assumption of Huddersfields performance v results ratio on? The game against us? If so you have proven my point in a really strange way.

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Against us!! Only us! They do not have 27 attempts on goal every week! What are you basing your assumption of Huddersfields performance v results ratio on? The game against us? If so you have proven my point in a really strange way.

27 is an extreme example but if we are relatively efficent in shots to goals, they are perhaps not!

They seem to have a good amount of possession and shots- I am basing it on statistical analysis, more widely than just vs us.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

27 is an extreme example but if we are relatively efficent in shots to goals, they are perhaps not!

They seem to have a good amount of possession and shots- I am basing it on statistical analysis, more widely than just vs us.

Which is what? Whats your statistical analysis of Huddersfield?

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Huddersfield average 11.23 shots per game this season.

On average we allow 14.19.

By both metrics they had a field day against us.

Huddersfield are marginally more wasteful than us. 0.09 goals/shot to our 0.11.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Huddersfield average 11.23 shots per game this season.

On average we allow 14.19.

By both metrics they had a field day against us.

Huddersfield are marginally more wasteful than us. 0.9 goals/shot to our 0.11.

Always had them down as a bit more attacking and entertaining than that, but I'll go with the stats- clearly vs us it was an outlier- but otoh Swansea 8 shots on target, 7 pts, 6 goals in 3 games.

Do you mean 0.09? We don't seem especially wasteful, we create so little we surely are one of the more clinical sides in that sense.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always had them down as a bit more attacking and entertaining than that, but I'll go with the stats- clearly vs us it was an outlier- but otoh Swansea 8 shots on target, 7 pts, 6 goals in 3 games.

Do you mean 0.09? We don't seem especially wasteful, we create so little we surely are one of the more clinical sides in that sense.

Yes 0.09.

We're not wasteful. Top 6 for converting shots to goals. It's the bit leading up to that where the problem lies.

3 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Despite the continued bleating about our injuries, we have a side that should be performing so much better. We have a keeper widely regarded as the best in the league, £28m worth of centre-halves, over 400 games worth of Championship experience at full back, an established international midfielder, who shines for his country, a £4m creative midfielder, and a £10m strikeforce. Why are we unable to produce meaningful attacks on the opposition goal week on week??!!

Comment of the night for me this. 
Exactly what I’m thinking at the moment. 

We have suffered with injuries this season. Of that there can be absolutely no doubt. But let’s look at today’s starting 11. 
None of us on here will ever agree with a line-up, if we all put our starting 11 on here, there would be about 30 different permutations. 
But of the 11 out there today, if we had no injuries, I guarantee that 9 of them would appear in quite a few of our posters line ups. Vyner & Rowe being the 2 that wouldn’t likely appear in too many. 

The value, and the wages, of that starting 11 is as high as at any time in our history. I’d confidently suggest that at least 8, likely 9 of them are on over £10k pw, most of them more like anything between £15k-£25k pw. 

That was NOT a cheaply assembled starting 11 today, it wasn’t littered with inexperienced kids, it wasn’t a forced 11 due to injuries (aside from left back, we had options in all positions today that didn’t include 18 year old academy lads). 
This was a highly experienced, highly paid, and expensively assembled starting 11 today. No excuses. And they couldn’t keep possession inside the opposition half for more than 3 passes, they couldn’t create a single goal scoring opportunity, dang, they couldn’t even force a corner. 

Once again we saw the tactical indecisiveness of Dean and our remarkable assistants. For the umpteenth game this season, they changed formation mid-game on at least 3 occasions. For the umpteenth game they stuck all the strikers on together, with no semblance of a plan to get the ball to them. The school boy tactic of “stick enough of them up front and we’re bound to score”. Fam spent 10 minutes on the left wing FFS!!! Madness. Before the formation was changed again!! 

There literally is no plan, no cohesion, no idea how to counteract the opposition. 12 tactical changes per game that don’t actually effect the game! The midfield 2 were weak today, against an opposition overload that dominated them completely, but we did nothing to help that problem. It’s pitiful to watch. 

Archived