IGNORED

4 shots on target in 195 mins.....

Lenners

3 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

You just have to laugh at that stat ***** knows what it's going to look like after Brentford?

On the positive side my fiver to going to get 6-1 or 7-1 on a City win. I guess I'd probably get more value from setting it on fire ...

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Comment of the night for me this. 
Exactly what I’m thinking at the moment. 

We have suffered with injuries this season. Of that there can be absolutely no doubt. But let’s look at today’s starting 11. 
None of us on here will ever agree with a line-up, if we all put our starting 11 on here, there would be about 30 different permutations. 
But of the 11 out there today, if we had no injuries, I guarantee that 9 of them would appear in quite a few of our posters line ups. Vyner & Rowe being the 2 that wouldn’t likely appear in too many. 

The value, and the wages, of that starting 11 is as high as at any time in our history. I’d confidently suggest that at least 8, likely 9 of them are on over £10k pw, most of them more like anything between £15k-£25k pw. 

That was NOT a cheaply assembled starting 11 today, it wasn’t littered with inexperienced kids, it wasn’t a forced 11 due to injuries (aside from left back, we had options in all positions today that didn’t include 18 year old academy lads). 
This was a highly experienced, highly paid, and expensively assembled starting 11 today. No excuses. And they couldn’t keep possession inside the opposition half for more than 3 passes, they couldn’t create a single goal scoring opportunity, dang, they couldn’t even force a corner. 

Once again we saw the tactical indecisiveness of Dean and our remarkable assistants. For the umpteenth game this season, they changed formation mid-game on at least 3 occasions. For the umpteenth game they stuck all the strikers on together, with no semblance of a plan to get the ball to them. The school boy tactic of “stick enough of them up front and we’re bound to score”. Fam spent 10 minutes on the left wing FFS!!! Madness. Before the formation was changed again!! 

There literally is no plan, no cohesion, no idea how to counteract the opposition. 12 tactical changes per game that don’t actually effect the game! The midfield 2 were weak today, against an opposition overload that dominated them completely, but we did nothing to help that problem. It’s pitiful to watch. 

2 in CM will always put a side behind the 8-ball, well often will anyway, at this level.

Agreed on the multiple strikers and hope for the best setup- it's "exciting" or "good intent" but actually quite ineffective, often.

Value and wages? One of the highest in our history maybe- but by Championship standards midtableish?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

We have suffered with injuries this season. Of that there can be absolutely no doubt. But let’s look at today’s starting 11. 
None of us on here will ever agree with a line-up, if we all put our starting 11 on here, there would be about 30 different permutations. 
But of the 11 out there today, if we had no injuries, I guarantee that 9 of them would appear in quite a few of our posters line ups. Vyner & Rowe being the 2 that wouldn’t likely appear in too many. 

The value, and the wages, of that starting 11 is as high as at any time in our history. I’d confidently suggest that at least 8, likely 9 of them are on over £10k pw, most of them more like anything between £15k-£25k pw. 

That was NOT a cheaply assembled starting 11 today, it wasn’t littered with inexperienced kids, it wasn’t a forced 11 due to injuries (aside from left back, we had options in all positions today that didn’t include 18 year old academy lads). 
This was a highly experienced, highly paid, and expensively assembled starting 11 today. No excuses. And they couldn’t keep possession inside the opposition half for more than 3 passes, they couldn’t create a single goal scoring opportunity, dang, they couldn’t even force a corner. 

Once again we saw the tactical indecisiveness of Dean and our remarkable assistants. For the umpteenth game this season, they changed formation mid-game on at least 3 occasions. For the umpteenth game they stuck all the strikers on together, with no semblance of a plan to get the ball to them. The school boy tactic of “stick enough of them up front and we’re bound to score”. Fam spent 10 minutes on the left wing FFS!!! Madness. Before the formation was changed again!! 

There literally is no plan, no cohesion, no idea how to counteract the opposition. 12 tactical changes per game that don’t actually effect the game! The midfield 2 were weak today, against an opposition overload that dominated them completely, but we did nothing to help that problem. It’s pitiful to watch. 

I agree entirely.

Presumably at some point we will return to the 352 that we clearly intended to play. The formation we bought and sold for in the summer and that did, for a few games in September, show signs of improvement on last season.

Now if that formation is entirely dependent on a fit Andi Weimann and Jay Dasilva...well my god what a crap plan that was. But maybe it's not.

This is the one little chink of light at the end of what currently looks like a long dark tunnel.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

It is inept and pitiful. Our highest wage bill in history and a team assembled at vast cost. Of course if you do that when there is no club philosophy, plan, strategy, call it what you want, will lead to this. A shambles. When Bristol rugby are so far ahead , you have to make comparisons. Our owner deals with both. It is his decision to employ inept and ill prepared people in football. It is not a mistake, it is not by chance. Our owner needs to sort his  **** fast, stop meddling in football, and employ quality people to use and spend our adequate budget. Holden and Ashton need dumping asap and he needs to stop being involved. He has not got a scooby doo about football and needs to employ, as he does everywhere else, people that do. 

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Spot on Harry. I mentioned something very similar a few weeks back. Holden is struggling being a number 1 in management. 

21 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Last 5 away games played 5 lost 5 goals scored 1. Very worrying decline seeing we were regularly picking up points away 

We were set up defensively with counter attacking football under Lee away from home. I'm struggling to see how with the attack and midfield over run and poor defense we are getting out of this.

Even at home from the first game we scored and then Coventry ran the game. How many games have we actually dominated?

14 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

On the positive side my fiver to going to get 6-1 or 7-1 on a City win. I guess I'd probably get more value from setting it on fire ...

History shows though that this is exactly the sort of game city will go and win ridiculous as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we somehow won that game.

18 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Now as we established following the Huddersfield game, there are those of us that do not believe stats matter. However, those who live in the real world know that they do.

We have mustered 4 shots on target in our last two games against 2 sides that the rest of the league have made look poor (both bottom half outfits). This is down to the way we play, not the personnel.

Despite the continued bleating about our injuries, we have a side that should be performing so much better. We have a keeper widely regarded as the best in the league, £28m worth of centre-halves, over 400 games worth of Championship experience at full back, an established international midfielder, who shines for his country, a £4m creative midfielder, and a £10m strikeforce. Why are we unable to produce meaningful attacks on the opposition goal week on week??!!

1-0 down at a Derby side who have 2 wins all season, a rookie manager, and we looked abysmal.

Chasing the game and removes Palmer and Wells, 5 minutes after changing the shape, and moving them around, only to change it again. I despair.

The lad Edwards looks bright and hungry though. Cannot wait to see that coached out of him as he doubles back and plays 10 yard balls back to his full-back repeatedly in a few weeks time.

We are poor. Thats the reality.

Derby have 2 wins all season? 

Pathetic game, I regret watching it. I won't watch any games, no point to hurt my eyes like that.  I have never seen a professional football club playing this ugly football. It is worse than last times with LJ. I hope we do well but I doubt, and for sure it is a good thing that we don't have supporters otherwise they ll be even more hurt.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

History shows though that this is exactly the sort of game city will go and win ridiculous as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we somehow won that game.

It's a funny old game, but I'm not sure the turn up for the books is going to happen with this one. I might eat my hat whilst baring my backside in Butons window (post lockdown, if Burtons still exist) if it does. I'm sure it'll be a game of two-halves though, with goals being scored for fun at one end in the first half, and at the other in the second half. They say anything can happen in the cup, lucky for Brenford it's a league game.

(Sorry :)

20 hours ago, super slick said:

Let’s put it in to context as well, one was from Mawson on the edge of the box and the other a header from Mawson from a long way out! Hardly chances created.

I ❤️ Holdenball

And one was the smashed ‘cross’ from Semenyo, they classed that as a shot too 

I didn't bother to watch the Derby game partly because I was so horrified by the way we sat so deep and defended as soon as we had scored the second.    Fair enough if there's 15 minutes to go, but in to defend so deep like that after only 30 minutes is ridiculous at any level.   I couldn't believe it

so let's guess who is gas? Lenners for one

You'd want to think TOm THumb knows enough about City players not to be anti-City, but clearly he/she doesnt know about football. Firstly 'bloating' about football is not a term most people would use about Bristol City. DH nevers uses it as an excuse - or have you heard something i havent? Have you listened to Clip Klopp whinge about the loss of their one centre half - now that could be 'bloating'. We are more than half a team down through injuries. Tell me another Championship team that would be as high as us with that many appearances by players who wouldnt be in the side werent it for a massively relevant injury list. Get real and cut the manager some slack. Have your run a team when the only options you have are those who in better circumstances would be 2nd or 3rd choice? Clearly not 

26 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You'd want to think TOm THumb knows enough about City players not to be anti-City, but clearly he/she doesnt know about football. Firstly 'bloating' about football is not a term most people would use about Bristol City. DH nevers uses it as an excuse - or have you heard something i havent? Have you listened to Clip Klopp whinge about the loss of their one centre half - now that could be 'bloating'. We are more than half a team down through injuries. Tell me another Championship team that would be as high as us with that many appearances by players who wouldnt be in the side werent it for a massively relevant injury list. Get real and cut the manager some slack. Have your run a team when the only options you have are those who in better circumstances would be 2nd or 3rd choice? Clearly not 

Utter dross as ever.

30 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

What the **** are you on about?

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

With respect:

It was “bleating”. Not “bloating” as you have incorrectly quoted twice as that does not even make sense. I was referring to posters on here re: injuries, not Dean Holden, and what a ridiculous notion that because I raise concerns about our current form I “must be Gas”.

It would seem there are a few here who agree with me.

I was in two minds on if I should even respond to your almost unreadable incoherent ramblings, but I have.

I certainly wont be getting into who knows more about football or City compared to you as its futile based on some of the things you post and the answer is obvious.

Based on your profile name I think you are a Southampton fan still bitter about us beating you last time you were in the division.

If you can tell me what my profile name refers to I would be impressed.

Archived