IGNORED

Training Pitches - Only At Bristol City

Cardy

What I would like to know is what numpty inside our football club thought it would be a good idea to introduce the players to training on our new state of the art carpets as preparation for a trip to the Pride Park quagmire today?!

Of all the weeks to do it - you really couldn’t make up the lack of common sense & lack of attention to detail with our match preparation at the moment. We got what we deserved today - a set of players who had no idea how to play on that surface.

They should have been training out in the community this week on a park pitch somewhere but oh no that wouldn’t have gone down too well with our bunch of softies.

If you train on a park pitch all you will do is destroy confidence before you start. (As well as significantly upping the risk of injury !)

Quite simply , as a pro or a Sunday morning footballer you adapt to conditions in any given day 

In a poor surface , don’t try and overplay / pass , don’t have too many touches , hook the ball on in the middle of the pitch if necessary , turn them , and give them the problem if playing out

8 minutes ago, Cardy said:

What I would like to know is what numpty inside our football club thought it would be a good idea to introduce the players to training on our new state of the art carpets as preparation for a trip to the Pride Park quagmire today?!

Of all the weeks to do it - you really couldn’t make up the lack of common sense & lack of attention to detail with our match preparation at the moment. We got what we deserved today - a set of players who had no idea how to play on that surface.

They should have been training out in the community this week on a park pitch somewhere but oh no that wouldn’t have gone down too well with our bunch of softies.

Haha I thought this! Not the best timing.

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Most players start at grass roots and have played on all types of surfaces, so they should know how to play on a pitch like today. Common sense should say passes along the ground are a complete waste of time.

The manager has lived up north most of his life and should know what kind of tactics you play on rough surfaces.

As you say completely spoilt players, i can see if pitches were frozen we probably would have radiators around the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

If you train on a park pitch all you will do is destroy confidence before you start. (As well as significantly upping the risk of injury !)

Quite simply , as a pro or a Sunday morning footballer you adapt to conditions in any given day 

In a poor surface , don’t try and overplay / pass , don’t have too many touches , hook the ball on in the middle of the pitch if necessary , turn them , and give them the problem if playing out

Well, we nailed those !

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

Wow, I know some like to find any old stick to beat the club with sometimes, but this is up there with the best!!

I'm no happy clapper and think Holden should never have been given the job, but to say we lost today because our training pitches are superior to Derby's pitch and we weren't prepared!? 

Now if you'd have said we've been playing poorly for ages and Holden should be sacked, and the players given a rocket.....

Funnily enough I made the exact same comment on reddit, only mine was tongue in cheek.

How often have we seen pitches like today at this level? Even Rooney in his post match called the pitch a disgrace according to a derby fan I spoke to. 

I play on a pub pool team where it's a real problem going to shit pubs with a wonky table and getting beaten by shit players and this is at probably the lowest level of "competitive" (I use the term loosely) sport there is. Doesnt mean we practice on a shit table when most of the league has half decent ones.

To suggest it as a joke is one thing but to make it a serious comment is just silly.

Archived