Sememyo - top league 1/low championship

Lansbury - 5 years too late.

Palmer - low/mid championship

Paterson - mid championship

Weimann - mid championship

Martin - mid championship

Wells - mid championship 

Diedhiou - top championship

There will be others but not worth a mention.

I believe we have more players with league 1 quality than we do top championship quality.

Add to this the under qualified manager and on paper we are overachieving but with the standard of football you’d expect to see.

Gee I guess there’s no point in playing if we’re just going to judge promotion candidates based on their squads on paper. And as for the under qualified manager they have us sat 9th 3 points off 6th over half the way through the season where for the majority so far we’ve been missing more than half a dozen first XI players at any one time. Regardless of the quality of football it’s hardly an average job he’s done so far let alone a bad one. 

Also you say you believe we have more league 1 quality players then championship? Even by your list we have more championship level players than league one (for which you’ve been very harsh for some players)

I think for the most you are right. I do believe there is a player there though in Bakinson in the future, but at the moment he is way too inconsistent to be near a Championship regular. 

Most are accurate. Taylor Moore is a Leagur 2 player though I'd say

Nagy - top championship/low premier league. 

I don't see it. Midtable championship at best for me.

I think your table shows the problem though, almost always our club has been really unbalanced when in this league, I remember back to fonts and nyatanga as defence while we were buying Baldock and Pitman for up front along with a load of other quality - and not being able to provid service (groundhog day), at least this time we have some decent defenders to stop us from getting relegated.

7 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I believe we have more players with league 1 quality than we do top championship quality.

Add to this the under qualified manager and on paper we are overachieving but with the standard of football you’d expect to see.

The question you be asking is how many of Citys squad would get into Norwich or even Brentford’s starting 11?

I actually think our squad is quite good just our manager is tactically inept.

DH seems to think attacking football is just having a lot of strikers on the pitch but with no thought of how we will get the ball to them.

Individuals such as Bentley and Fam have won us a lot of points in games this season we could have easily lost or drew. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think getting promoted is less about the squad and more about the man in charge getting the best out of them. 

Is Holden getting the best out of our squad, or even anywhere near it, I defy you to find me anyone who suggests he is. 

Absolutely on the money this 

Use Warnock for instance. Went to both Cardiff and now Middlesbrough, and managed to get both clubs functioning and turned them in to better teams 

Rotherham to 

People need to realise that under LJ, and now under Holden....these players are not being coached effectively, and the in turn are not developing. Massengo is a prime example 

LJ ran out of ideas almost 3 years ago. The fact the clowns in charge then employed the right hand man of that partnership, and expected him to improve us.....is laughable. It was clearly never going to work 

Holden isn't get the best out the players. I never thought he would 

Get a new coach. Get some fresh ideas....actually get a coach with a philosophy and some vision. And some of these players will flourish 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The question you be asking is how many of Citys squad would get into Norwich or even Brentford’s starting 11?

Brentford buy players and their coaches develop them. The amount of players they have lost in recent years to bigger clubs, yet are still doing what they are doing....isn't a fluke 

They buy players. They improve them within months . 

Brentford a success is down to their coaching set up 

34 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think getting promoted is less about the squad and more about the man in charge getting the best out of them. 

Is Holden getting the best out of our squad, or even anywhere near it, I defy you to find me anyone who suggests he is. 

To be fair I think the squad are highly motivated. We tend to work our arses off.

Whether other metrics such as team selection, tactics and training ground stuff is good enough is up for debate!

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s a bit of everything, personally.

With the exception of our goalkeeper and centre-halves (one of whom is on loan), I don’t see huge amounts of really genuine, consistent quality. Consistent being the key word here too. Maybe you could put a fully fit Jay Dasilva in that category as well?

Our whole setup just screams mid-table Championship club.

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Looking at their level of ability...

Bentley - top championship/low premier league 

Hunt - low championship 

Kalas - top championship/low premier league 

Mawson - top championship/low premier league 

Moore - mid/top league 1

Rowe - low/mid league 1

Desilva - mid championship

Vayner - top league 1

Bakinson - low league 1

Nagy - top championship/low premier league

Massengo - who even knows!?

Williams - time will tell

Walsh - top league 1

O’Dowda - top league 1

Wells - mid championship 

Nagy premier league ??

will just leave it as that!! 

As some have already stated on the thread, the team and performances are about the sum of it's parts. The head coach/ manager could be seen as being the most important of these parts and worth more important investment. Unfortunately our leaders have a different view. 

I would suggest instead of drawing up a table of players' potential and level, we make such a table of  potential managers and then use it to pick one. But then I suppose our leaders might not like who they find... 

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Hunt - low championship 

Moore - mid/top league 1

Rowe - low/mid league 1

Vayner - top league 1

Bakinson - low league 1

Walsh - top league 1

O’Dowda - top league 1

Wells - mid championship 

Depressing to think how those names cost 30m plus in wages 

6 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

A would think that if it's your opinion most of the squad are league 1 quality you should be raving about the incredible job DH has done. 

I don’t think most the squad are league 1 quality. I think we have as more league one players than we do top end championship quality players. On the whole we have a bang average championship squad.

As others have said, a top class manager may be able to get that little extra from them.

48 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Nagy premier league ??

will just leave it as that!! 

On his day, he is a cut above anyone else on the pitch.

I’m so literally confused about how Wells, can bang in goals for QPR come here and be shit.

I’m literally so confused that we have 86 million midfielders in the club. And we sign...another midfielder.

I’m literally confused that NONE of our midfielders would ever ever get into a top 6 team. None of them.

I’m literally confused that we still don’t know who are best team is, our best formation and our identity.

I don’t think that we have any DNA. That’s the problem . And Ashton needs to fix it.

21 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’m so literally confused about how Wells, can bang in goals for QPR come here and be shit.

I’m literally so confused that we have 86 million midfielders in the club. And we sign...another midfielder.

I’m literally confused that NONE of our midfielders would ever ever get into a top 6 team. None of them.

I’m literally confused that we still don’t know who are best team is, our best formation and our identity.

I don’t think that we have any DNA. That’s the problem . And Ashton needs to fix it.

I’m literally so confused that we sell our best players and don’t replace them.

I’m literally so confused that a tinpot club like Brentford are so so so so much better than us in every way.

I’m literally so confused that our performances are dire dire dire for the last 3 seasons and nothing has been done.

And I’m so confused that Lansdown has no plan for the footballing side of Bristol Sport.

Everything about BCFC screams AVERAGE. Nothing is EXCELLENT. Nothing.

10 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Hunt - low championship 

Moore - mid/top league 1

Rowe - low/mid league 1

Vayner - top league 1

Bakinson - low league 1

Walsh - top league 1

O’Dowda - top league 1

Wells - mid championship 

If football worked like that then England would’ve won more than just one World Cup over 50 years ago i.e paper and grass are two different things. 

2 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

I actually think our squad is quite good just our manager is tactically inept.

DH seems to think attacking football is just having a lot of strikers on the pitch but with no thought of how we will get the ball to them.

Individuals such as Bentley and Fam have won us a lot of points in games this season we could have easily lost or drew. 

Both the players you menton including Mawson could/are likely to not be here next season, then what, remembering that many others are also out of contract as well. How you gonna sell that to the fans Ashton/SL? more dream promises with little substance or change of plan. :doh:

48 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’m literally so confused that we sell our best players and don’t replace them.

I’m literally so confused that a tinpot club like Brentford are so so so so much better than us in every way.

I’m literally so confused that our performances are dire dire dire for the last 3 seasons and nothing has been done.

And I’m so confused that Lansdown has no plan for the footballing side of Bristol Sport.

Everything about BCFC screams AVERAGE. Nothing is EXCELLENT. Nothing.

In one mate; passionless and lacking any leadership on or off the field

Archived