IGNORED

Racism in football

daored

Sadly this is a topic that keeps happening. 

Firstly this isn’t a problem within football, it’s a society issue, a person who makes these comments doesn’t do it because they’re a football fan, they do it because they’re scum.

Clearly social media platforms need to have stronger rules , and people simply can’t wrote abusive messages just because they want to. The authorities need to be tougher on this and education of the bigots is required.  It’s extremely sad that in 2021 this issue is still prevalent in our society and needs removing. Unfortunately the cowards who ‘type’ this abuse wouldn’t be ‘big’ enough to say it these people face to face.

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford says he was subjected to "humanity and social media at its worst" after receiving racist abuse on Saturday.

On Friday Chelsea said they were "disgusted" after right-back Reece James was racially abused on social media.

On Saturday a man was arrested after a racist message was sent to West Brom midfielder Romaine Sawyers.

Rashford's team-mates Axel Tuanzebe and Anthony Martial were racially abused on social media after the defeat by Sheffield United on Wednesday.

Do they send these messages from anonymous accounts? I have no idea how these investigations work but you’d like to think we’re more than capable of finding these people, they should then be made an example of. Lock them up and put in the media that they’ve been locked up. That would hopefully deter at least some of the vermin. 

You’re right it is a society thing.  Racists haven’t gone away, it’s just for a period of time they were silenced through “policing” and “social embarrassment”.

However through the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon, they gained a mouthpiece and social acceptance again.

But...but...I thought racism wasn’t a problem in the UK ?!  

Twitter is a disgrace as is Instagram. There needs to be accountability for what people post 

Clearly racism is a big problem and anyone ‘bored’ of players taking the knee don’t seem to understand why it’s needed.  More is needed as well, clearly

Stop taking the knee when racism stops 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Or maybe do something that actually makes everyone understands? 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/why-do-footballers-kneel-before-a-match-what-taking-the-knee/10iqy03uyp5y01uh4x89dnaicz 

Maybe try educating yourself in subjects like this, before saying you don't understand it.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Twitter is a disgrace as is Instagram. There needs to be accountability for what people post 

Clearly racism is a big problem and anyone ‘bored’ of players taking the knee don’t seem to understand why it’s needed.  More is needed as well, clearly

This is bang on. Absolutely bang on.

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

1 How do you know these posts are emanating from UK ?

2 Do you think racists will stop because footballers take the knee

3 The rest of us realise that abhorrent  racism still exists and don’t need players taking the knee to remind us

Simon Jordan speaks much sense in the subject and the anonymous  ‘platforms’ that give the racists their cowardly vehicle 

His point about them claiming to be platforms rather than publishers which gives them a let out in law is significant

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

1 How do you know these posts are emanating from UK ?

2 Do you think racists will stop because footballers take the knee

3 The rest of us realise that abhorrent  racism still exists and don’t need players taking the knee to remind us

1. reports that the sawyers abuse was from birmingham, zaha abuse from london, tuanzebe abuse from manchester, james abuse from london, i could go on

2. no, but it will certainly help, a show of unity in the community will help, - 

a. raise awareness

b. show right and wrong to a younger generation

c. support those who face racist abuse in football

d. create a stronger footballing environment with outward support shown from teamates

3. why the **** not? a bad thing is happen, let's shove it under the carpet? is this what you're saying?

Think.

14 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

1. reports that the sawyers abuse was from birmingham, zaha abuse from london, tuanzebe abuse from manchester, james abuse from london, i could go on

2. no, but it will certainly help, a show of unity in the community will help, - 

a. raise awareness

b. show right and wrong to a younger generation

c. support those who face racist abuse in football

d. create a stronger footballing environment with outward support shown from teamates

3. why the **** not? a bad thing is happen, let's shove it under the carpet? is this what you're saying?

Think.

I bet you could go on , and on , and on

and so I’ll leave you to your campaign

GCSE in sociology ? 

PS Whilst in your soapbox maybe you could learn some manners

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You’re right it is a society thing.  Racists haven’t gone away, it’s just for a period of time they were silenced through “policing” and “social embarrassment”.

However through the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon, they gained a mouthpiece and social acceptance again.

Not sure they’ve got ‘social acceptance’ as such - the vast majority are still anti their views. But yes, the people you mention and others like Trump have flirted openly with racism which has made the outright racists feel brave enough to start going public again.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Not sure they’ve got ‘social acceptance’ as such - the vast majority are still anti their views. But yes, the people you mention and others like Trump have flirted openly with racism which has made the outright racists feel brave enough to start going public again.

Yeah, not acceptance, but as you say brave enough.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s what has happened in the USA. There is a lot less overt racism and it’s certainly not like the 60s when open state racism was common. 

However racists still exist and the racist instincts in otherwise normal people get aroused by agitators for political gain. A mirror of the UK. BUT here the Feckers have guns 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

The world would be a better place if Twitter was shut down full stop.

• Admin
2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/why-do-footballers-kneel-before-a-match-what-taking-the-knee/10iqy03uyp5y01uh4x89dnaicz 

Maybe try educating yourself in subjects like this, before saying you don't understand it.

Are you drunk?

Try reading what I posted before preaching to those that understand 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I disagree that it should be banned but there needs to be accountability.  Names should be known. 

Yet, all those previously mentioned were traced without any kind of registration 

It's not difficult to trace someone 

• Admin
2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I'd guess it's a problem in every country in the world, but because a couple of high profile footballers get disgusting abuse doesn't mean the UK is any worse 

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The world would be a better place if Twitter was shut down full stop.

Absolute nonsense. 

The number of people using twitter compared with those posting vile tweets is going to be miniscule 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd guess it's a problem in every country in the world, but because a couple of high profile footballers get disgusting abuse doesn't mean the UK is any worse 

Absolute nonsense. 

The number of people using twitter compared with those posting vile tweets is going to be miniscule 

I don’t care if UK is worst or not really. I care there is plenty of racism in this country though 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t care if UK is worst or not really. I care there is plenty of racism in this country though 

Is there though?

I honestly don't know, but would be interested to read what links you have to facts about this disgusting thing happening in the UK 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Is there though?

I honestly don't know, but would be interested to read what links you have to facts about this disgusting thing happening in the UK 

Listening to black people talk about it and seeing racism being reported because footballers have simply had a bad football match are my facts.

It seems that you don’t think there is enough racism in the UK to warrant a fuss. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Listening to black people talk about it and seeing racism being reported because footballers have simply had a bad football match are my facts.

It seems that you don’t think there is enough racism in the UK to warrant a fuss. 

Let's get this straight now, as you are drifting into pointing the finger at others and getting very close to incorrect and personally offensive remarks. 

Just to clarify your point you are stating that there is a racism problem in the UK based on these footballers getting abused? 

• Admin
3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

What is taking the knee achieving, maybe it’s like a red rag to a bull to the people posting these comments, could it be doing more harm than good?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Why dont all footballers and all football clubs/organisations come off all social media and encourage fans to do the same for at least the rest of 2021 . Then state theyll only return if these social media companies make significant changes for 2022

Would have a huge impact potentially.

True, but then the vile racists win and the vast majority of people who use social media correctly get punished. 

Ban them from accessing any social media, convict them and name and shame them

Archived