IGNORED

Racism in football

daored

39 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Then they should just ignore it.

I don't think I've ever seen any entertainment at half time that has interested me. Instead of shouting and booing, I just go for a drink, food, a piss, chat to people or mess around on my phone.

You know that the world's not that simple.  I wish it was but sadly is not. 

On 01/02/2021 at 12:12, TheReds said:

The media should say things that are truthful then, that would be a start for everyone concerned.

Then surely the likes of SKY, EFL, BBC, and even some sort of players representation group should make some sort of statements distancing themselves from the Political organisation. If it is the case then why haven't they? I would guess it is because they know they would get a backlash from it from the organisation as they would in effect saying they do not support it. So they just leave it as it is, and simply call people racist who are disagree with taking the knee, but the people who are against it is because they are against BLM the political organisation (there will be obviously be some racists against it solely because they are racist, but I don't think that is anywhere near a lot myself).

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-support-for-black-lives-matter-is-not-political-12018544

12 hours ago, phantom said:

I suspected those posting this racist nonsense had a screw loose but this is off the scale 

20210203_214311.jpg

Wright could have played better though....................seriously, it's the actions of a ******.

Btw that article - if you are on probation you have a criminal conviction. What he wasn't given was a custodial sentence but he was convicted of the crime.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Wright could have played better though....................seriously, it's the actions of a ******.

Btw that article - if you are on probation you have a criminal conviction. What he wasn't given was a custodial sentence but he was convicted of the crime.

Are the definitions of probation different in Ireland maybe?

On 01/02/2021 at 16:39, bcfcfinker said:

I grew up when it was possible to be overtly racist, tell a racist joke out aloud, when about the only time you'd see a black player would be in internationals etc.

I can say that those days, on the whole, have been consigned to the dustbin of history - I say this as someone who does not live in the inner-city.
When I've seen it, and sometimes this happens at personal risk, I've pulled people up on some of the shit they've been spouting.

What has changed in recent years is the anonymous nature of social media and its allowance of racists to share their views with impunity.
For those that think that it's possible to identify these people, I'm afraid you're being naive; all you need is an anonymising service (and there are plenty of real reasons why they should be allowed). To fix this requires international agreement and considering the US' view on 'freedom of speech', is probably near on impossible. This does not mean that other governments have to put up with this approach i.e. they just tell the social media outlets that they put their houses in order and it gets blocked, but this is more or less impossible unless you are China or Russia.

We've even got 'sponsored' politicians/tits who spout their 'views'. This is either through some racist sugar daddy from another country or, the perverseness of crowd sourcing. I think we are seeing these sources 'strangled' to a certain extent but I suspect it might require some imaginative approaches to fix this problem.

So, where does this leave us?
Probably the slow education of people and society, and people just don't want to wait.

To sign up to Instagram, twitter, facebook etc i believe you need to show proof of ID. Similar to many sites asking you to take a live selfie to verify who you are, my misses was asked this last year when she took out some finance on a car the finance company asked her to send this. Online dating sites now (as my single friends often tell me!) such as tinder will ask you to send a live selfie and that will verify your account so people know they are talking to the person you say you are - obviously stopping creeps setting up a fake profile and ‘’cat fishing’’ people. This wouldn’t be ‘’impossible’’ at all to implement it would actually be quite easy as it is already in use on other sites as i have just pointed out.. The options are out there for the social media company's they just don’t want to change as it will hit them in the pocket. Asking people for this proof of ID would dramatically lower the amount of people willing to sign up to their platforms..The more users and the more traffic they have passing through their sites the more ££ they make so financially it makes no sense for them to do it.

They couldn’t give a **** about racism IMO..I had to laugh the other day on the news when Instagram wheeled out a black women to represent and defend their policy on racism - as a mixed race man myself i thought it was shocking how a fellow black person could defend the indefensible.

33 minutes ago, bris red said:

To sign up to Instagram, twitter, facebook etc i believe you need to show proof of ID. Similar to many sites asking you to take a live selfie to verify who you are, my misses was asked this last year when she took out some finance on a car the finance company asked her to send this. Online dating sites now (as my single friends often tell me!) such as tinder will ask you to send a live selfie and that will verify your account so people know they are talking to the person you say you are - obviously stopping creeps setting up a fake profile and ‘’cat fishing’’ people. This wouldn’t be ‘’impossible’’ at all to implement it would actually be quite easy as it is already in use on other sites as i have just pointed out.. The options are out there for the social media company's they just don’t want to change as it will hit them in the pocket. Asking people for this proof of ID would dramatically lower the amount of people willing to sign up to their platforms..The more users and the more traffic they have passing through their sites the more ££ they make so financially it makes no sense for them to do it.

They couldn’t give a **** about racism IMO..I had to laugh the other day on the news when Instagram wheeled out a black women to represent and defend their policy on racism - as a mixed race man myself i thought it was shocking how a fellow black person could defend the indefensible.

The main trouble with that is that a lot of people living under horrible regimes would then be unable to use social media to speak out.

If I was living under a dictatorship, I wouldn't trust Facebook/Twitter to keep my identity hidden.

Other than that though, I agree, a lot of problems are caused by anonymity. Although having said that, there are plenty of vile people perfectly happy to use their real names.

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

great to see from Scott Brown.  Glad he did it on camera as well.  The more people that promote being a good human in today’s world, the better 

I wonder if Brown said “you a effing guy”? 
I mean, it’s such a well used phrase in football. 
Is that Prague players ridiculous excuse as bad as the utterly ridiculous Wayne Hennessey when he did his nazi salute? 
If UEFA don’t punish that Prague player severely (and his club for sticking up for him) then they may as well abandon any anti racist campaigns they pretend to get behind. 

Archived