IGNORED

Quick question

Robbored

19 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

And not forgetting Campbell -Ryce who used to cut inside and then go round and round in circles like he was about to drill himself into the pitch although I recall he scored a screamer I think it was against Palace at home ....:yawn:he wasn’t Australian though 

I can remember watching him on his debut. Unfortunately we lost 6-0 home to Cardiff but I can remember thinking he was the only player that night who looked half interested 

21 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

A freezing cold night as well if I remember, it really was bitter 

Free programmes as well if I remember correctly, most of which were on the pitch by the end. 

It was also the first game a friend of mine took his then girlfriend, now wife, to. She hasn't watched us since... 

1 hour ago, onlyotib said:

I can remember watching him on his debut. Unfortunately we lost 6-0 home to Cardiff but I can remember thinking he was the only player that night who looked half interested 

Oh, yes. The night of the free programme. Lord, how those paper planes flew that night.

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

And not forgetting Campbell -Ryce who used to cut inside and then go round and round in circles like he was about to drill himself into the pitch although I recall he scored a screamer I think it was against Palace at home ....:yawn:he wasn’t Australian though 

Neil Kilkenny probably my least favourite city player ever.

But Campbell-Ryce was alright though! He used to cut one way, then the other, then back again, and then get tackled. Had a decent cross on him though.

Never set the world alight but doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kilkenny.

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

he was chap though.

11 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Thought Luke Wilkshire was the best Aussie we have ever had.

No doubt I’ll have missed a couple, but who are the others? 
David Seal, Paul Agostino, Nick Carle, Bailey Wright are the ones that spring to mind. 
I’d probably pick Agostino out of that lot (his cause helped by scoring against the Gas in that eventful game in December 96). 

Archived