IGNORED

Crooks, get em out

RedNachos

New training ground, stadium expansion, minor signings, wages.  OUTS

A championship football club with Tv rights, gate receipts, signings out record. INS

Gate receipts (or in this seasons case RobinsTV) and TV money cover wages. 
Transfers out have been brilliant and cover signings in (which is a tiny expense in comparison) while also covering the expenses of the two facility projects.

No losses,  no investment just redistribution of money from sales. He's got money, he don't spend it. Get Ashton out, get JL out and if SL doesn't start investing in the club and fulfil his empty promises of Premier League future. Steve is a top guy but he gets away with practically investing nothingr from his own sizeable bank account. He's not raking in cash and then no investment, but he is making promises to the fans that without an injection he can't fulfil.

Mark Ashton, bell-end, absolute ****, poor recruitment, arrogance and selling club favourites. Terrible managerial recruitment.

JL, Nepotism, no skill, other than being a former sperm in his dad's ball sack he has no reason for being at this club.

SL time to invest or be honest with the fans. That's all we want. Honesty

Yes corona is a massive wrench in the gears, but this has been happening in a cycle consistently for 4 or 5 years.

Feel free to prove me wrong financially as I'm no wizard with estimates but I'm confident less than £5m has been put into the club in the last 3 years.

It's time to think about where this club is going, because without the player sales, we're in an absolute mess.

14 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

A championship football club with Tv rights, gate receipts, signings out record. INS

Transfers out have been brilliant and cover signings in (which is a tiny expense in comparison) while also covering the expenses of the two facility projects.

No losses,  no investment just redistribution of money from sales. He's got money, he don't spend it. Get Ashton out, get JL out and if SL doesn't start investing in the club and fulfil his empty promises of Premier League future. Steve is a top guy but he gets away with practically investing nothingr from his own sizeable bank account. He's not raking in cash and then no investment, but he is making promises to the fans that without an injection he can't fulfil.

Mark Ashton, bell-end, absolute ****, poor recruitment, arrogance and selling club favourites. Terrible managerial recruitment.

JL, Nepotism, no skill, other than being a former sperm in his dad's ball sack he has no reason for being at this club.

Yes corona is a massive wrench in the gears, but this has been happening in a cycle consistently for 4 or 5 years.

Feel free to prove me wrong financially as I'm no wizard with estimates but I'm confident less than £5m has been put into the club in the last 3 years.

It's time to think about where this club is going, because without the player sales, we're in an absolute mess.

I agree with all of this apart from the bits i've highlighted in bold

You do realise Lansdown puts as much in as he's allowed to with regards to FFP?

And then just everything outside that he funds as well, you can question decision making etc but there's simply one thing you can't question Steve on is the investment he puts into the club

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You do realise Lansdown puts as much in as he's allowed to with regards to FFP?

And then just everything outside that he funds as well, you can question decision making etc but there's simply one thing you can't question Steve on is the investment he puts into the club

Not knocking SL, but in theory he could do sponsorships of shirt, stadium, stands, training ground- provided it's at Fair Value, in theory he could through himself and his companies (legit ones not fake) put in I'll guess an extra £1.5-3m per season, something in that bracket if the whole shebang took place.

Not a game changer but it all helps.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not knocking SL, but in theory he could do sponsorships of shirt, stadium, stands, training ground- provided it's at Fair Value, in theory he could through himself and his companies (legit ones not fake) put in I'll guess an extra £1.5-3m per season, something in that bracket if the whole shebang took place.

I think that comes back to making the club sustainable, if he's financing all of that himself rather than outside investment what happens when he stops the sponsorships whenever he leaves? The club would have been propped up on investment thats being taken out of the club. Same reason he has interest on the loans so the club is always aware of the money going out of the club rather than being dumped on it one day.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might happen next season with the banning of gambling on shirts?

43 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Classic case of first couple of pints after completing Dry January. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Employ Harry Kane as Maggies chauffeur 

And tell the football League ‘the lad was bored on a Saturday’ , so we let him play , as an amateur

Job done 

47 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

The reason I don't post on forums about nautical engineering, is because I don't know the first thing about nautical engineering... 

Perhaps you should take the same lead when considering logging on to otib...! 

55 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

I think you need to familiarise yourself with the latest accounts. Your analysis (sic) couldn't be further from the truth and were it not for SL propping up the club from his deep pockets we'd already be out of business.

Gate Receipts* + Broadcasting = £14m (* albeit impaired by loss of 5 fixtures - around £1.3m)

Wages (excluding asset & contract depreciation,) = £33m

One could highlight that your assumptions are wrong, that the incomes you reference do not cover half of wages alone, but in reality it's much worse than that.

Wages ALONE are 123% of TURNOVER.

That's right, we pay nearly a quarter more than we earn in wages alone. Forget all other expenses, the costs of stadia and academies, of putting on fixtures and running the club. That's just WAGES!

With regards transfers we've been very fortunate to have received huge monies for average talent but even there, over SL's tenure, we have lost millions. Of course the accounts to be reported next year for THIS Covid impacted, financial year will be catastrophic. We'll need to have net gained in excess of £30m in transfer fees to cover operational losses. £30m! So where's that coming from? If we sold every player in our vast squad we wouldn't recover that. We're a selling club, unfortunately for us our shelves are presently as empty as a Tesco Metro in Pyongyang.

59 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Tbh the bit about Jon lansdown down is spot on 

40 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Everything fell apart since that Wolves game I've always said it 

True, but if all it takes to topple you is one poor game then I'd suggest it was inevitable and all we'd done is somehow construct a house of cards rather than anything more stable...

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

i here you and feel the frustration ,the sad thing is i think sl,jl,ma,dh are happy where we are and due to everything going on i think we can write this season off as a midtable side going nowhere. Only plus we have not had to sit in the stand and watch it live.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think you need to familiarise yourself with the latest accounts. Your analysis (sic) couldn't be further from the truth and were it not for SL propping up the club from his deep pockets we'd already be out of business.

Gate Receipts* + Broadcasting = £14m (* albeit impaired by loss of 5 fixtures - around £1.3m)

Wages (excluding asset & contract depreciation,) = £33m

One could highlight that your assumptions are wrong, that the incomes you reference do not cover half of wages alone, but in reality it's much worse than that.

Wages ALONE are 123% of TURNOVER.

That's right, we pay nearly a quarter more than we earn in wages alone. Forget all other expenses, the costs of stadia and academies, of putting on fixtures and running the club. That's just WAGES!

With regards transfers we've been very fortunate to have received huge monies for average talent but even there, over SL's tenure, we have lost millions. Of course the accounts to be reported next year for THIS Covid impacted, financial year will be catastrophic. We'll need to have net gained in excess of £30m in transfer fees to cover operational losses. £30m! So where's that coming from? If we sold every player in our vast squad we wouldn't recover that. We're a selling club, unfortunately for us our shelves are presently as empty as a Tesco Metro in Pyongyang.

Fair enough,  I'm assuming your representation is more accurate than mine. Wages I'm well out from my calculations, I also overestimated gate r +broadcasting slightly. Apologies on that, like I said I'm no wizard in estimations of these things. Like I say I didn't take Covid into account, but understand that it has been terrible for every club.

The one thing and it’s quite a big thing that’s wrong imo and it’s been well covered is the recruitment / scouting/coaching . It makes it more frustrating because it won’t change as long as Ashtons here and he’s going nowhere . There’s a lot to be happy about at the club apart from what’s actually going on , on the pitch ?

Archived