IGNORED

Training Facility

vicky10

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

So what is the point of Cat 1 ? Does not appear to have any benefits. 

Doesn’t it allow a Cat 1 academy to poach players from Cat 2 or lower?

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

Yes Leicester Training Ground looks great - but it's in Leicester which is shitehole. 

Yes, but when you are on £100,000 per week and pull up to the training ground in your £200,000 Lambo, are you really that bovvered that the training ground is in Leicester, which is a shithole?

Training ground looks great. How does it compare to other training grounds around the Country?

Now I appreciate that we're not going to be matching the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. but how does it compare with clubs that are at a similar standing to where we want to be ie. West Brom, Brighton, Wolves, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, etc - basically the yo-yo sides of the premier league.

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@ExiledAjax any chance you could have a word?

PS Is there a question mark missing after your question?

Yeh probably.

Tbh @richwwtk has an explanation that I think makes sense. There's also tons of businesses that have ditched these apostrophes in recent times.

I'm sure this guy will be on it like a rash if he feels the need.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/apr/03/banksy-of-punctuation-puts-full-stop-bad-grammar-bristol

40 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Training ground looks great. How does it compare to other training grounds around the Country?

Now I appreciate that we're not going to be matching the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. but how does it compare with clubs that are at a similar standing to where we want to be ie. West Brom, Brighton, Wolves, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, etc - basically the yo-yo sides of the premier league.

I'd say it looks to be better than all of those plus Newcastle and West Ham's are pretty dire. Newcastle's looks like a social club next to a park. Bournemouth is essentially two pitches next to the stadium, they were starting on a new £35m one but its on hold. Brighton did theirs a few years ago for about £25m so it's decent but time probably means its a bit behind this. There's not many that are far ahead of this one imo.

4 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

I'd say it looks to be better than all of those plus Newcastle and West Ham's are pretty dire. Newcastle's looks like a social club next to a park. Bournemouth is essentially two pitches next to the stadium, they were starting on a new £35m one but its on hold. Brighton did theirs a few years ago for about £25m so it's decent but time probably means its a bit behind this. There's not many that are far ahead of this one imo.

West Brom have a very good set up. Cat 1 Academy for a start and have facilities to match.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Doesn’t it allow a Cat 1 academy to poach players from Cat 2 or lower?

Cat 2 can pinch from below as well, but as they're not generally flush clubs theres usually less of a budget for bringing in youth players

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

This is Palace's new academy

Crystal Palace academy from above

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

In terms of look it's probably more modern. But most of those clubs have an indoor pitch Bournemouth's training ground isn't great but they have plans for a New one. Palace's is just a clubhouse but as above their plans for the academy are leagues ahead of ours. 

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Both clubs, City and Bears, have top class training facilities, which in theory, should help both to achieve more.

Add that to a shared modern stadium which reduces each club's financial outgoings, a superb pitch, how can either set of fans complain. Consider Bris at the Memorial and sharing training at Clifton RFC and City sharing with QEH, to what is now available.

I believe there are a couple of differences between the two new facilities. Without searching back through previous articles, I think there is a type of pool at the rugby for aquatic recovery from injuries, so I would assume this can be used by both clubs.

City now have to catch up with Bears on playing performance.

But according to some on here it`s all shite because there`s rugby stuff in the concourse, City don`t own Ashton Gate, Lansdown`s just in it for the money.

Or something.

• Admin
On 01/02/2021 at 16:58, phantom said:

Looks very nice, but you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Looks great but only as good as the players who train on it.
Which is where Ashton cocked up. Nigel Pearson has to now unravel all the mistakes.

Does this help @Henry?

13 hours ago, brad blit said:

Am I missing something? I would have thought this subject would be at the very top with lots of City fans thankful that our Chairman has pumped a reported 40million into this state of the art training facility, which is going to really help push the club on and help develop players of all ages. 

At a time of financial uncertainty and many clubs looking at cutting costs to survive, we have a forward thinking progressive board who are actively trying to get our beloved club into the Promised Land, and for that I’m very grateful. 

Really? The rugby, which appears to be of a similar quality, cost 10 million. 40 million would be huge when you consider the Ashton Gate development cost 60 million. 

5 minutes ago, James54De said:

Really? The rugby, which appears to be of a similar quality, cost 10 million. 40 million would be huge when you consider the Ashton Gate development cost 60 million. 

Pretty sure the ground is 10 and the stadium 40 ish wasn't it?

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

Yes, but when you are on £100,000 per week and pull up to the training ground in your £200,000 Lambo, are you really that bovvered that the training ground is in Leicester, which is a shithole?

If I was on 200k a week the shitiest of shitholes would look covered in gold.

8 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Yes Leicester Training Ground looks great - but it's in Leicester which is shitehole. 

Probably half the reason we built it in lovely rural north Leicestershire,  potential signings need never see the city before they sign now ?

I have today had a text message from a friend saying that her son, who works for British Oxygen, is today working at one of the football clubs in Bristol installing a chryotherapy chamber, which sounds like a freestanding ice bath for treating injuries. She thinks it would be city because she doubts if rovers could afford it.

I would imagine this would be part of the new high performance building at Failand.

I would also imagine there would be a queue of players waiting to use it, considering all the injuries we have had and still have.

Lets hope it works and gets the players recovered quicker than has been the case this season, and we might yet see Joe Williams on the pitch this season.

2 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

I have today had a text message from a friend saying that her son, who works for British Oxygen, is today working at one of the football clubs in Bristol installing a chryotherapy chamber, which sounds like a freestanding ice bath for treating injuries. She thinks it would be city because she doubts if rovers could afford it.

I would imagine this would be part of the new high performance building at Failand.

I would also imagine there would be a queue of players waiting to use it, considering all the injuries we have had and still have.

Lets hope it works and gets the players recovered quicker than has been the case this season, and we might yet see Joe Williams on the pitch this season.

Seems quite likely - the club have previously used mobile cryotherapy chamber trailer at the training ground so you'd expect something more permanent to feature in the new facilities.

36 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Rovers' version would be an old ice cream freezer from Sainsburys. Oh sorry I mean Tesco, they don't do Sainsburys do they......

Another step in the right direction, installing things like this - especially after the season we've had with injuries......

52 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Best not let Baker in there - glass can shatter in extreme low temperatures.

Bristol lags so far behind other big cities for iconic builds and facilities. Someone on here once said Bristol's last iconic build was the Suspension Bridge.

Both the Bears and the Robins new training facilities would challenge this.... but unfortunately, neither of course were built in Bristol.

Archived