IGNORED

Training Facility

vicky10

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Especially nice was the Bas Savage Toilet and the Bristol Rovers Shower.

It was originally the other way round, but they thought better of it.

After all, the Bas Savage shower would just see them falling over all the time, and we've had enough injuries this year.....

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Bristol lags so far behind other big cities for iconic builds and facilities. Someone on here once said Bristol's last iconic build was the Suspension Bridge.

Both the Bears and the Robins new training facilities would challenge this.... but unfortunately, neither of course were built in Bristol.

Old Trafford is not in Manchester....just saying

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The bit where he says "I spoke to O'dowda, and Taylor Moore and Andi Weimann this morning about the conversations that I had with them when I signed them". Yeh. Revealing.

Well he is part of the process, as a major outlay for the club I would expect him to be there when they sign and also it has been stated that does all the dealing with agent so I'm sure it is factually correct that he played a major part in signing them. I don't think anyone has an issue with that. I think the challenge is if he is doing it without being directed by the manager/coach or consulting them - and that will all depend on who identified the player. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The bit where he says "I spoke to O'dowda, and Taylor Moore and Andi Weimann this morning about the conversations that I had with them when I signed them". Yeh. Revealing.

Very interesting choice of words....he used that with Diedhiou recently.  But reverted to “we” re training ground stuff.

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well he is part of the process, as a major outlay for the club I would expect him to be there when they sign and also it has been stated that does all the dealing with agent so I'm sure it is factually correct that he played a major part in signing them. I don't think anyone has an issue with that. I think the challenge is if he is doing it without being directed by the manager/coach or consulting them - and that will all depend on who identified the player. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very interesting choice of words....he used that with Diedhiou recently.  But reverted to “we” re training ground stuff.

I suspect it's maybe his own ego overplaying the role he has. He'd say "well yes Lee (and my analytical data tools) told me to sign Callum, but it was I, Mark Ashton, who actually got in my car and lugged that big cheque book over to Oxford and did all the hard yards." Bit like when the Mrs gives you a shopping list but you actually do the big shop round Asda.

Still a little odd to say "I" when invariably football club types refer to club actions using "we" or similar.

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect it's maybe his own ego overplaying the role he has. He'd say "well yes Lee (and my analytical data tools) told me to sign Callum, but it was I, Mark Ashton, who actually got in my car and lugged that big cheque book over to Oxford and did all the hard yards." Bit like when the Mrs gives you a shopping list but you actually do the big shop round Asda.

Still a little odd to say "I" when invariably football club types refer to club actions using "we" or similar.

That's a good analogy but I think downplays his role. Imagine if you had to go shopping but the misses spent a year drawing up the shopping list and you only get 2 shops a year the misses also demands only the finest steak, you get to the supermarket but stood in front of every steak was a bloke saying that if you want this steak its £200. 

Dealing with players and agents isn't an easy job, it isn't take it or leave it, it certainly won't be dictatorial like it used to be, it isn't the club or MA calling the shots it's invariably the agents demands for there clients, when you overlay possibly 6 different moving parts for the 3 potential signings for that position spread across 6 or so players you're trying to sign and all the cost calculations that need to be factored in, that sounds like a really complex job that has wide reaching ramifications for who can be signed in the next 3 to 5 years (IMO far more complex than identifying the players).

So his ego maybe but maybe also the fact that it was him and LJ and he doesn't want to reference LJ as a departed coach (not sure why he wouldn't want to). I'm not a fan of his but do we have to pick apart every word he says especially when it's the difference between an I, we or they? 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Does anyone know what is happening with our old facility?

I've not heard any mention of the womens set up moving across, but everyone else is leaving SGS to go to the new facility

The old facility is QEH owned.

On 30/03/2021 at 13:13, Mad Cyril said:

Bristol lags so far behind other big cities for iconic builds and facilities. Someone on here once said Bristol's last iconic build was the Suspension Bridge.

Both the Bears and the Robins new training facilities would challenge this.... but unfortunately, neither of course were built in Bristol.

It’s not Bristol’s fault that it has a ludicrous boundary. 

Ive never lived in ‘Bristol’ yet grew a 20 minute bus journey from the centre.

It’s like the whole ‘400k population’

Give over.

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I agree, it is a nice touch. And yet, as far as I can see, there's still nothing named after our

GREATEST

EVER

PLAYER

And that is an abject, shameful omission.  

7 hours ago, Banned User said:

Tomlin?

I think there are moves afoot to have the burger and kebab van outside the facility named after him, so no need to panic. 

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I agree, it is a nice touch. And yet, as far as I can see, there's still nothing named after our

GREATEST

EVER

PLAYER

Is that because there is a stand at the ground named after him?

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

GREATEST

EVER

PLAYER

If you are talking about Atyeo, there is a room with his name on it.

It looks a fantastic facility and is in keeping to where the club wants to be, it will only help us achieve our goals.

Hats off to Steve Lansdown for not only the financial backing but the vision too..

Archived