Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Training Facility


Recommended Posts

Isn't there an apostrophe missing from the name? Shouldn't it be "The Robins' High Performance Centre". As it is a high performance centre owned and used by numerous 'Robins'.

Pretty drab name either way. Facilities look nice and shiny though. Wood cladding is nice.

Edited by ExiledAjax
Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think that with this standard of facilities any coach whether football or rugby is going to want to come here. It must have been a deciding factor for NP and you would think it's going to raise the standard of recruitment for coaches and players in both sports. SL has certainly left his mark on sport in our area.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Am I missing something? I would have thought this subject would be at the very top with lots of City fans thankful that our Chairman has pumped a reported 40million into this state of the art training facility, which is going to really help push the club on and help develop players of all ages. 

At a time of financial uncertainty and many clubs looking at cutting costs to survive, we have a forward thinking progressive board who are actively trying to get our beloved club into the Promised Land, and for that I’m very grateful. 

For this they deserve huge credit and it's a massive step in the right direction........which makes the decision made on the appointment of our previous Manager so baffling. But that's done and we are in a position where we have this fantastic facility moving forwards and have a Manager who I think can finally move us towards where we want to be. Retaining him is the next issue for our Board to get right. If we end up with Michael Appleton or equivalent next season they may as well get the wrecking ball in on the training ground....................... (slight exaggeration but you get my point).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks a big step up in quality of club facilities. Previous managers and coaches have been asking for this for decades. So it is obviously important and great that the Academy also has a proper home .Cat 1 next ? 

Well done  Mr L. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you look at the new training facilities, improvements made at Ashton Gate, and the work that is due to take place around the rest of the ground/area, you can't fault SL. 

The one stick that people (possibly rightly) had to beat him with, was that whilst we were doing all of this fantastic work behind the scenes with the infrastructure etc, we seemed quite happy to shop at Primark for staff (managers/coaches etc), whilst the Rugby club shopped at a higher calibre of shop. We do seem to have turned the corner with this now as well, and even if Pearson isn't the longterm answer (although that looks/sounds more and more encouraging by the day), then you would expect a similar, higher calibre man I'm charge of the club next - whenever that may be (or even whichever league we are in).

With all of this, and the history of standing by the manager/coaches until there is no turning back, we are an extremely attractive outfit for someone looking from the outside.

On the other side of the City (and this isn't actually meant as a dig believe it or not), you have a club playing in a stadium that pales in comparison to some non league grounds and facilities that wouldn't look out of place in the 60s or 70s. The training ground isn't much better, and their plans to build a new ground seem to be more ideas and hopes. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Isn't there an apostrophe missing from the name? Shouldn't it be "The Robins' High Performance Centre". As it is a high performance centre owned and used by numerous 'Robins'.

Pretty drab name either way. Facilities look nice and shiny though. Wood cladding is nice.

I guess they are using Robins as a name for Bristol City FC as a whole. I'm not aware of any other clubs using this site?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

That looks a big step up in quality of club facilities. Previous managers and coaches have been asking for this for decades. So it is obviously important and great that the Academy also has a proper home .Cat 1 next ? 

Well done  Mr L. 

Won't happen, at U23's level we'd need to keep the lads we loan out in house to be competitive in those games, whereas at Cat 2 level we can play a side that includes a mix of u23's and the better u18's and be a good side, allows the better 23's to be on loan at league clubs. Also the extra annual expenditure on the extra staff you need and other requirements to meet Cat 1 make it more expensive year on year to run. Being Cat 1 wouldn't mean our better players couldn't be pinched by other Cat 1 clubs, it just means they'd have to pay us more to take them and the sums still aren't staggering if a club was determined. If things appear to be good with the academy right now with players coming through why throw a potential spanner in the works by moving to Cat 1? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks a great facility to be fair and it certainly now with the stadium redevelopment cements us firmly as an established Championship club with absolutely everything in place to get to the Premier league and not look stupid when we get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went past it this morning, it very quickly went from nearly finished to being in use!  Just a bit of a landscaping going on but car park full of staff/players cars so presume handed over last week. Looks fantastic.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both clubs, City and Bears, have top class training facilities, which in theory, should help both to achieve more.

Add that to a shared modern stadium which reduces each club's financial outgoings, a superb pitch, how can either set of fans complain. Consider Bris at the Memorial and sharing training at Clifton RFC and City sharing with QEH, to what is now available.

I believe there are a couple of differences between the two new facilities. Without searching back through previous articles, I think there is a type of pool at the rugby for aquatic recovery from injuries, so I would assume this can be used by both clubs.

City now have to catch up with Bears on playing performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Both clubs, City and Bears, have top class training facilities, which in theory, should help both to achieve more.

Add that to a shared modern stadium which reduces each club's financial outgoings, a superb pitch, how can either set of fans complain. Consider Bris at the Memorial and sharing training at Clifton RFC and City sharing with QEH, to what is now available.

I believe there are a couple of differences between the two new facilities. Without searching back through previous articles, I think there is a type of pool at the rugby for aquatic recovery from injuries, so I would assume this can be used by both clubs.

City now have to catch up with Bears on playing performance.

Going back 20 years ago we were sharing with Clifton College down by their cricket ground I think.. looking back at that to what we have now.. incredible progress.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Going back 20 years ago we were sharing with Clifton College down by their cricket ground I think.. looking back at that to what we have now.. incredible progress.

I remember thinking in 98 that Clifton College sports grounds were awesome for a training facility for what was a Division 2 club. Shows how far we’ve come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Won't happen, at U23's level we'd need to keep the lads we loan out in house to be competitive in those games, whereas at Cat 2 level we can play a side that includes a mix of u23's and the better u18's and be a good side, allows the better 23's to be on loan at league clubs. Also the extra annual expenditure on the extra staff you need and other requirements to meet Cat 1 make it more expensive year on year to run. Being Cat 1 wouldn't mean our better players couldn't be pinched by other Cat 1 clubs, it just means they'd have to pay us more to take them and the sums still aren't staggering if a club was determined. If things appear to be good with the academy right now with players coming through why throw a potential spanner in the works by moving to Cat 1? 

So what is the point of Cat 1 ? Does not appear to have any benefits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Isn't there an apostrophe missing from the name? Shouldn't it be "The Robins' High Performance Centre".

 

16 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Rovers would kill for that to be there actual stadium!

 

@ExiledAjax any chance you could have a word?

PS Is there a question mark missing after your question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

So what is the point of Cat 1 ? Does not appear to have any benefits. 

If its easily affordable then they often have the better facilities, more specialised staff, more training time with players through the age groups etc, you are playing a higher standard of football as well and you can use EPPP to pinch Cat 2/Cat 1 players if you want to. Its a balancing act of affordability of how much do you really need it, a club like ours appears to be bringing through players well atm so is it needed for us?

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...