IGNORED

Nice work if you can get it! (Director’s Remuneration)

Davefevs

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It ain’t JL.

It ain’t Doug Hartman

It ain’t Gavin Marshall

8CBDFF83-6842-4941-AA9D-FC295DDC8971.thumb.jpeg.dd4d17ef6b22ab446eb35da35a7caaf4.jpeg

Who could it be?

@Harry

@Olé

Which entity is Ashton actually a director of? Bristol City Holdings Limited has only two listed on Companies House - JL and Hartman, with Marshall as Secretary. 

Ashton also isn't on the board of Ashton Gate Limited or Bristol Sport Limited.

Is he actually a director in the legal sense or is he a director by job title only?

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Which entity is Ashton actually a director of? Bristol City Holdings Limited has only two listed on Companies House - JL and Hartman, with Marshall as Secretary. 

Ashton also isn't on the board of Ashton Gate Limited or Bristol Sport Limited.

Is he actually a director in the legal sense or is he a director by job title only?

He is a director of Bristol City Football Club Limited.

The other 3 Directors are as per my post.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He is a director of Bristol City Football Club Limited.

The other 3 Directors are as per my post.

Cheers, I couldn't remember the corp. structure off the top of my head.

IIRC Bristol City Football Club Limited is the subsidiary of Bristol Sport Limited and parent of Ashton Gate Limited and Bristol City Holdings Limited.

I suspect he's the only Executive director, with the other three being Non-Execs. If so the pay split is pretty in line. Not uncommon to see half a million for a sole exec CEO and then just 20-30,000 for each non-exec.

It's not good reading for some but it is also far from the worst I've ever seen. Once attended an AGM for a company that had a turnover of £3m and proposed a resolution to pay the CEO £750,000. Needless to say there was a fair bit of resistance from the shareholders in attendance.

32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

IIRC Bristol City Football Club Limited is the subsidiary of Bristol Sport Limited and parent of Ashton Gate Limited and Bristol City Holdings Limited.

I suspect he's the only Executive director, with the other three being Non-Execs. If so the pay split is pretty in line. Not uncommon to see half a million for a sole exec CEO and then just 20-30,000 for each non-exec.

It's not good reading for some but it is also far from the worst I've ever seen. Once attended an AGM for a company that had a turnover of £3m and proposed a resolution to pay the CEO £750,000. Needless to say there was a fair bit of resistance from the shareholders in attendance.

Were you the CEO?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could be wrong but suspect it probably isn't that far out for a top half, mid-ranking Championship club tbh.

Certainly one with an Infrastructure to match.

According to this the average is circa £290k  So less than half (apologies that it’s the Mail!) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-men-56-000-Crazy-wages-dont-add-EFL-clubs-brink.html

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

According to this the average is circa £290k  So less than half (apologies that it’s the Mail!) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-men-56-000-Crazy-wages-dont-add-EFL-clubs-brink.html

Okay thanks- slightly surprised at that then but would be interested to delve further.

As per 2018/19, Brentford certainly got less e.g.- their most recent accounts- but the pay has been rising. Like I say an Infrastructure to match- it'd be interesting to see. Two or three categories of club at this level IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks- slightly surprised at that then but would be interested to delve further.

As per 2018/19, Brentford certainly got less e.g.- their most recent accounts- but the pay has been rising. Like I say an Infrastructure to match- it'd be interesting to see. Two or three categories of club at this level IMO.

And I’d say we’re in the middle somewhere. Certainly not at the top. 

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

And I’d say we’re in the middle somewhere. Certainly not at the top. 

To compare, took a quick look at Reading 2018/19.

Long story short, total Remuneration was £1,509,514- £934 in Company Contribution to Pension.

Of those, the Highest paid gained- but no reference to Pension- £1,035,303,

I don't know, it's hard to find Comparable clubs but I'd say there is some comparison with respect to Infrastructure and regularly (though they've hit PL a few times), recent history.

Both in the South too- can put a bit extra on the wage bill. The numbers don't surprise me that much though, with us. Possible further research will prove me wrong!

He's probably a bit overpaid tbh, but I'm not sure it is that out of kilter with comparable clubs at this level.

There should be an indication in the accounts regarding te number of paid directors. That is not just MA. Whilst they are big numbers by any normal standards, within pro sport they are not. Partly because job security is low . If you look at Prem league administrators, they tend to hit , quite easily 1M plus.  IMHO it is not this salary that is the issue, but the disastrous lack of clear strategy, innovation and delivery. He should be fired asap . He was fired from Oxford and Watford for not delivering. We need and deserve far better. 

8 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

There should be an indication in the accounts regarding te number of paid directors. That is not just MA. Whilst they are big numbers by any normal standards, within pro sport they are not. Partly because job security is low . If you look at Prem league administrators, they tend to hit , quite easily 1M plus.  IMHO it is not this salary that is the issue, but the disastrous lack of clear strategy, innovation and delivery. He should be fired asap . He was fired from Oxford and Watford for not delivering. We need and deserve far better. 

We bloody well do.

Accountability. Judge me on results and progress not what I say or how I say it.

Lansdown would have jettisoned a fund manager from the shiny building in Canons Marsh if he or she had performed so badly.

Makes you wonder why MA is still in role.......

Then again perhaps he’s doing exactly what Stevie has asked of him. Recruiting half decent footballers? Perhaps that’s not on Mark’s balanced scorecard.........

The Midnight Hour isn’t far off. I’m sure I’ll be proved wrong.

In the Lansdowns we trust.....

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bristol Energy ? ?

Frankly ..what on earth has it got to do with anyone on here what MA is paid. That is down to the board and the owner and no one else.. How would anyone on here feel about their business being discussed on an open forum - its a Football Club for heavens sake , a business not a Charity or members club. 

You pay to go and watch a band or a play and don't give a monkeys what the artists ,cast or directors /producers are paid so why is this any different? 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

No, that’s not correct.  Here’s the structure.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fee39305e3abc2dbd17ef4f6c3502ad.jpeg

33 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Frankly ..what on earth has it got to do with anyone on here what MA is paid. That is down to the board and the owner and no one else.. How would anyone on here feel about their business being discussed on an open forum - its a Football Club for heavens sake , a business not a Charity or members club. 

You pay to go and watch a band or a play and don't give a monkeys what the artists ,cast or directors /producers are paid so why is this any different? 

unfortunately as a limited company of a certain turnover it’s public domain.  If my business fell into that reporting category then I’d accept what goes with it.

And if I want to have an opinion on whether I think our CEO deserves £500+ in a business that has revenue of £16m, I will....and I have.

Archived