IGNORED

Nice work if you can get it! (Director’s Remuneration)

Davefevs

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, that’s not correct.  Here’s the structure.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fee39305e3abc2dbd17ef4f6c3502ad.jpeg

unfortunately as a limited company of a certain turnover it’s public domain.  If my business fell into that reporting category then I’d accept what goes with it.

And if I want to have an opinion on whether I think our CEO deserves £500+ in a business that has revenue of £16m, I will....and I have.

Wouldn't there be a charge back from Bristol Sport Ltd to Bristol Rugby Club Ltd and Bristol City Holdings LTD (and subsidiaries) as per the rental as an example?

1 minute ago, Bubble said:

Wouldn't there be a charge back from Bristol Sport Ltd to Bristol Rugby Club Ltd and Bristol City Holdings LTD (and subsidiaries) as per the rental as an example?

Rent is paid by BCFC and BR to AGLtd....not to BS.  Common misunderstanding that BS has all the other sport’s under it.  It doesn’t.

However BCFC and BR will also pay BS for outsourced services like ticketing, marketing, etc.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rent is paid by BCFC and BR to AGLtd....not to BS.  Common misunderstanding that BS has all the other sport’s under it.  It doesn’t.

However BCFC and BR will also pay BS for outsourced services like ticketing, marketing, etc.

My reference was to outsourced services being charged back, not rent - I wasn't clear, the diagram had a charge for rent but not a charge back for services.  No drama, the point i was attempting to highlight is BC Holdings cost will filter back into the football club 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still not a realised gain until such time as it is realised- and if he sells to say US Investors as a few have mooted on here, that might not be good for us!

You’re right. It’s not realised.

But it will be. At a time of Clan Lansdown’s choosing. Whenever the time is right for him, Jon, Jon’s offspring or Jon’s offspring’s offspring it’ll be realised. 

That’s how it works. Assets that are acquired and the value that goes with them will eventually be realised. 

Land, shares, footballers or clubs. 

When the time is right - whenever that is and for whatever reason - they chips will be cashed in.

4 minutes ago, Bubble said:

My reference was to outsourced services being charged back, not rent - I wasn't clear, the diagram had a charge for rent but not a charge back for services.  No drama, the point i was attempting to highlight is BC Holdings cost will filter back into the football club 

Yes, simplistic picture.

As we’ve both said, Bristol Sport will charge each sporting team for providing services like ticketing, marketing, etc.

Bristol City Holdings Ltd does not trade at all, it merely acts as a holding company for the two businesses  beneath it.  It has no income or costs of its own.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, simplistic picture.

As we’ve both said, Bristol Sport will charge each sporting team for providing services like ticketing, marketing, etc.

Bristol City Holdings Ltd does not trade at all, it merely acts as a holding company for the two businesses  beneath it.  It has no income or costs of its own.

Good pass through tho - Tax efficient, and beneficial for spin off, lets not go there ?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, simplistic picture.

Every company has costs even it is just that of their annual confirmation statement to Companies House.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How many are paying punters though?

Ok, Ok so I have to raid the Wifes housekeeping!!

Sent her out one night and she came back with £108.50.

I said "who paid you the 50p ?"

She replied "all of them"

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still not a realised gain until such time as it is realised- and if he sells to say US Investors as a few have mooted on here, that might not be good for us!

I am not sure why you feel that way, Liverpool seem to have done OK. If you look at club owners, and there are a multitude of nationalities , there is no clear perfect owner nationality. As ever in life, it is down to the person not the nationality. Having said that if Mathew Benham wanted to come in....

If Sl is selling, he will recover a large amount of his spend, and any net loss will be a tiny amount compared to the lack of UK taxes he would have paid if he was not living in the Channel Islands. 

1 minute ago, Psychopomp said:

I am not sure why you feel that way, Liverpool seem to have done OK. If you look at club owners, and there are a multitude of nationalities , there is no clear perfect owner nationality. As ever in life, it is down to the person not the nationality. Having said that if Mathew Benham wanted to come in....

If Sl is selling, he will recover a large amount of his spend, and any net loss will be a tiny amount compared to the lack of UK taxes he would have paid if he was not living in the Channel Islands. 

SL won't sell anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

US Investors have been pretty mixed in English football. They have a tendency to like Leveraged Buyouts, or to claw back cash- or not to spend that much- or big dividends. Hicks and Gillett were US Owners, Liverpool were heading for disaster under them!

That bit is a whole different debate but on that note, £600m in Dividends vs £200m on City, as per @The Constant Rabbit a while back- something like that anyway. Dividends are 20% in Guernsey said one site? Or share sales maybe, I can't remember the exact figures but according to those figures it'd be well in his favour, factoring in Business life vs Sports Investment- or City Investment at least.

Maybe I'm mixing up my finances but there is certainly zero capital gains tax there!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

8CBDFF83-6842-4941-AA9D-FC295DDC8971.thumb.jpeg.dd4d17ef6b22ab446eb35da35a7caaf4.jpeg

His salary seems to go up very fast. I wonder if he has any direct commission on player sales or net profit that is boosting this? This feels like a lot of money for his act but that's Steve Lansdown's problem not mine. 

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

His salary seems to go up very fast. I wonder if he has any direct commission on player sales or net profit that is boosting this? This feels like a lot of money for his act but that's Steve Lansdown's problem not mine. 

Almost certainly. Tbh if I was assisting in bringing in players like Webster for £3.5 then selling them for £20m the least I'd expect is a wee bonus! 

Archived