IGNORED

Nice work if you can get it! (Director’s Remuneration)

Davefevs

In terms of our structure, Bristol City Women and Bristol Academy Women's Football Club Limited both I believe, certainly the first and not exactly checked the 2nd will both be included within the Football Club.

Presumably that means they'll therefore be ultimately included within Bristol City Holdings and the Pula companies. Expenditure, income or losses will likely be not much in the grand scheme.

As for Ashton, would be interested to know his basic be commission, bonus. Profit on Player Sales a good metric, could there be a decent commission element with a moderate basic?

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In terms of our structure, Bristol City Women and Bristol Academy Women's Football Club Limited both I believe, certainly the first and not exactly checked the 2nd will both be included within the Football Club.

Presumably that means they'll therefore be ultimately included within Bristol City Holdings and the Pula companies. Expenditure, income or losses will likely be not much in the grand scheme.

As for Ashton, would be interested to know his basic be commission, bonus. Profit on Player Sales a good metric, could there be a decent commission element with a moderate basic?

Can’t see it myself.  Sold nobody this season has he.  If it was transfer profit related then he’d be well off his target.

I can’t imagine anything other than the vast majority is standard salary.

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t see it myself.  Sold nobody this season has he.  If it was transfer profit related then he’d be well off his target.

I can’t imagine anything other than the vast majority is standard salary.

Yeah, agree quite likely- just wonder if it's a modest basic- and lack of sales, combined with tough times means a much lower (base) salary. Fact his wage appeared to increase as Profit on Transfers fell makes it less likely perhaps.

Shocking story: Director of football club paid a lot of money.

Or

Another thread about the bogeyman of Bristol City FC

And sure as night follows day, someone has got a bedsheet out.

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Shocking story: Director of football club paid a lot of money.

Or

Another thread about the bogeyman of Bristol City FC

And sure as night follows day, someone has got a bedsheet out.

Do you not think it’s a lot of money in the context of a £16m turnover business.  The average is £290k according to the article linked earlier in this thread.  Blackburn was £319k for comparison.

We are happy to say Player X isn’t worth £20k per week or whatever, what’s the difference with Mark Ashton?

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you not think it’s a lot of money in the context of a £16m turnover business.  The average is £290k according to the article linked earlier in this thread.  Blackburn was £319k for comparison.

We are happy to say Player X isn’t worth £20k per week or whatever, what’s the difference with Mark Ashton?

The difference is they players are paid to perform on the pitch which they aren't

Ashton is paid to perform in the board room and selling players get the best price for them, in must cases very successfully

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The difference is they players are paid to perform on the pitch which they aren't

Ashton is paid to perform in the board room and selling players get the best price for them, in must cases very successfully

That’s a very one-sided performance review.  And unfortunately you’ve missed off many of the other responsibilities a CEO has.  Naive to base on his selling record.

On 02/02/2021 at 20:11, Davefevs said:

Face it, this article is about MA and not about the money he earns.
Why disguise it otherwise?

As to your questions, why stand up the straw man?
We are not talking about players.
You talk about one article and one team. Is that really all you've got as irrefutable proof that MA is some exception in the director stakes or is your problem with MA something more personal?

You know your football Dave, but I sometimes wonder if you put as much effort into other aspects of the team.
You're no better than harry, Sheldon what ever his name is etc., when it comes to the critique of MA.

On 02/02/2021 at 21:53, Clevedon Red said:

Evening Mark.

Did you think of that one yourself or did you need some help?

32 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

You talk about one article and one team. Is that really all you've got as irrefutable proof that MA is some exception in the director stakes or is your problem with MA something more personal?

You know your football Dave, but I sometimes wonder if you put as much effort into other aspects of the team.
You're no better than harry, Sheldon what ever his name is etc., when it comes to the critique of MA.

Of course it’s about MA, and questioning whether he deserves the amount he is paid.  It’s not being disguised as anything else, it’s a lens to evaluate his performance, just like we do with players.  I think he’s doing a poor job overall for his £500k+.

What other aspects do you think I don’t put much effort into, or should be putting more into?  I think I post more than enough about the team.

So, I happen to agree with other posters on this matter, ones whose views on football / playing matters I tend to align with (most of the time) also.  I know both of their backgrounds in football too, which adds credibility to their views.

What a strange reply overall.

Whats your views on the subject matter?

Bournemouth £1.8m / £131m turnover

Brentford £183k / £15m turnover

Theres a couple more.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of course it’s about MA, and questioning whether he deserves the amount he is paid.  It’s not being disguised as anything else, it’s a lens to evaluate his performance, just like we do with players.  I think he’s doing a poor job overall for his £500k+.

What other aspects do you think I don’t put much effort into, or should be putting more into?  I think I post more than enough about the team.

So, I happen to agree with other posters on this matter, ones whose views on football / playing matters I tend to align with (most of the time) also.  I know both of their backgrounds in football too, which adds credibility to their views.

Theres a couple more.

But does it really matter? It's not as if the club is in danger of going bankrupt due to a wealthy benefactor

Ashton can earn as much as lansdown is willing to pay

This is a witch hunt, I dont like ashton I want him gone but this thread is just an excuse to use a stick to beat him and it embarrassing 

9 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I though of it all myself.

On 02/02/2021 at 20:11, Davefevs said:

As a benchmark a business I know pays it's Managing Partner around £2m a year based on profitability.........over £100m turnover and circa £10-20m NET PROFIT in recent years. So on that basis the similar position at BCFC should be paid around £320K TOPS.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Theres a couple more.

From the hip.

Your summaries of the football played on the pitch, on the whole in my view, are generally spot on and I think most on this forum applaud the insight you give.

Your MA bashing activity, ummm, it's like watching a petulant child.
I've seen the general views given on this forum to the likes of t-water and farcebook, they are unfavourable. Yet the echo chamber stuff on MA is just a replication of of of.... such forums.
Just how many things has MA been attacked on?

• His player recruitment record
  • His remuneration (you tried to start this one subtly with 'Who could it be?' in the body of the write up, but when it comes to MA and subtle, this forum is like a brick)
  • And all sorts of other stuff that he's just not responsible for

It tends to be personal attacks and is a form of bullying, hounding, etc. and if it was done to anyone else, it would be unacceptable.

@Monkeh summarises it up nicely, this sort of witch hunt is embarrassing. It is the food stuff of conspiracists (do you like to play in the conspiracist sandpit?).

It will be SL who makes the decisions about MA and I would hope that he's an adult on this front i.e. he takes a look at MA's performance and makes sound business decisions accordingly. If he is prone to listening to forums such as OTIB, takes exception (a human trait) and digs his heels in on his decisions, an outcome of the law of unintended consequences kicks in with MA staying longer than he should have, a backfire on the people who want MA out.

At the very least, people need to cut out the personal shit aimed at MA.
You, harry, dip shit and others are tainted goods now, so anything you guys say about MA will be seen as personal digs. You and others have lost authority on the matter (people know your views and either they won't be read, just ignored, etc.)

If some want a hasty exit of MA, then his name should not be mentioned, it should not be personal.
It's the position held, what that position is supposed to be doing, and an assessment carried out accordingly.
Do not make shit up, at that point the argument falls.
Past history is irrelevant, along with remuneration etc.
It's the now, the current performance and league position (to pluck the obvious measures from the air).
Remember, I believe the general view is, management relies on what can be measured.
The moment a personal attack happens, it's a turn off for some and triggers a defensive reaction in others.
And remember, this is a forum that doesn't represent the wider BCFC fan community (as some on this forum like to believe) so the arguments need to stand up to scrutiny.

I really don't care if you agree or not, I'm just giving a view on another approach to getting MA out.
And as I've indicated in other posts, at the moment, he's doing Ok for the job that needs doing.
When covid is over, that's the time he should be judged, and then, the job that's being done and not the person.

11 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

From the hip.

Your summaries of the football played on the pitch, on the whole in my view, are generally spot on and I think most on this forum applaud the insight you give.

I've seen the general views given on this forum to the likes of t-water and farcebook, they are unfavourable. Yet the echo chamber stuff on MA is just a replication of of of.... such forums.

• His remuneration (you tried to start this one subtly with 'Who could it be?' in the body of the write up, but when it comes to MA and subtle, this forum is like a brick)

It tends to be personal attacks and is a form of bullying, hounding, etc. and if it was done to anyone else, it would be unacceptable.

@Monkeh summarises it up nicely, this sort of witch hunt is embarrassing. It is the food stuff of conspiracists (do you like to play in the conspiracist sandpit?).

It will be SL who makes the decisions about MA and I would hope that he's an adult on this front i.e. he takes a look at MA's performance and makes sound business decisions accordingly. If he is prone to listening to forums such as OTIB, takes exception (a human trait) and digs his heels in on his decisions, an outcome of the law of unintended consequences kicks in with MA staying longer than he should have, a backfire on the people who want MA out.

You, harry, dip shit and others are tainted goods now, so anything you guys say about MA will be seen as personal digs. You and others have lost authority on the matter (people know your views and either they won't be read, just ignored, etc.)

If some want a hasty exit of MA, then his name should not be mentioned, it should not be personal.
It's the position held, what that position is supposed to be doing, and an assessment carried out accordingly.
It's the now, the current performance and league position (to pluck the obvious measures from the air).
Remember, I believe the general view is, management relies on what can be measured.
The moment a personal attack happens, it's a turn off for some and triggers a defensive reaction in others.
And remember, this is a forum that doesn't represent the wider BCFC fan community (as some on this forum like to believe) so the arguments need to stand up to scrutiny.

I really don't care if you agree or not, I'm just giving a view on another approach to getting MA out.
And as I've indicated in other posts, at the moment, he's doing Ok for the job that needs doing.
When covid is over, that's the time he should be judged, and then, the job that's being done and not the person.

Another boring post from you , whinging about other posters (All you ever do - football observations or insight not really your thing )

’Tainted goods’ ??? Coming from you that’s heartbreaking ?

And you are the prize plum who only bothers about what you see on the pitch - no grey matter to consider wiser or deeper

As I said before - A lemming or lemon of the highest order

‘ FINKER’ ??????

53 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

From the hip.

Posters renowned for being tainted goods? That's a bit serious on a football forum isn't it?

You are correct in that SL will always make the decisions (and he won't consult this forum to inform himself of the decision to make) just like season ticket holders will each make the decision whether, following Covid, the current footballing progress, entertainment, matchday experience and the like a season ticket is something they miss sufficiently and can justify/afford to renew (and they won't be speaking to Steve Lansdown about it).

Football is a different industry to many others and salaries are "out there" so of course the contributors to those salaries, however minor that might be, are always going to have an opinion on whether the recipient of those salaries is "worth it". Mark Ashton has taken the job on that basis, it's not like anyone has done the dirty in order to find out his remuneration. That said, even in most "normal" companies particularly Limited companies and LLP's the organ grinder's salary is reported and again, like it or not, the employees of those companies will have a view on whether that salary is being justified or not and whether his/her X% pay-rise from the previous year is justified in comparison to their Y% pay-rise. That is life and if you take the money you have to take the associated issues like that on the chin............otherwise let someone else have the money who has the minerals to take the punch on the nose that comes with it.

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

From the hip.

In summary, what a complete load of horseshit!

None of this is personal...please point out where it is?  I’ve given MA credit for certain aspects of his role.  But overall, I repeat, I think he earns a lot of money based on under-performance in certain elements of his role.

I honestly couldn’t give a flying “****” whether you see my view going forward on MA as tainted.  Whether other posters feel the same, I’ll leave that to them, I’m sure they can make up their own minds.  I won’t lose any sleep over your decision.

Funny how you’ve resulted to trashing the poster (and other posters) rather than the post itself.  Maybe you should read the forum rules?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In summary, what a complete load of horseshit!

None of this is personal...please point out where it is?  I’ve given MA credit for certain aspects of his role.  But overall, I repeat, I think he earns a lot of money based on under-performance in certain elements of his role.

I honestly couldn’t give a flying “****” whether you see my view going forward on MA as tainted.  Whether other posters feel the same, I’ll leave that to them, I’m sure they can make up their own minds.  I won’t lose any sleep over your decision.

Funny how you’ve resulted to trashing the poster (and other posters) rather than the post itself.  Maybe you should read the forum rules?

This is the title of your post: Nice Work if you can get it (Directors Remuneration).
The body of your post goes through a list of people who it isn't about, it produces a screen shot of the directors remuneration (everyone assumes that it is BCFC accounts). You produce the 'Who could it be?' question, when in all likelihood you already know the answer (after all, you told me later: 'Of course it's about MA').

Now if your point was: 'But overall, I repeat, I think he earns a lot of money based on under-performance in certain elements of his role.'
Why oh why wasn't in the original post body.

Or was this post just a charade designed to elicit another response and continue the incessant MA bashing that is going on?

And why have you pulled the 'forum rules' card, yet you've liked but not pulled up, someone who probably has broken some rules?

I do find the 'horseshit' comment ironic.

6 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

From the hip.

You, harry, dip shit and others are tainted goods now
, so anything you guys say about MA will be seen as personal digs. You and others have lost authority on the matter (people know your views and either they won't be read, just ignored, etc.)

Don't make personal attacks on MA, but I am going to personally attack you. Almost in one sentence. Anyway. 

Whilst I agree with the sentiment regarding salary and performance, though based on that he should be fired with immediate effect, the comment that is more interesting is when you say 

"And remember, this is a forum that doesn't represent the wider BCFC fan community (as some on this forum like to believe) so the arguments need to stand up to scrutiny." Could you explain how you know what the wider community is saying ? Of course a forum is a reflection of those who write, and is a small number, a few thousand people that may or may not be representative. I could not tell you. But you are quite clear, that it doesn't represent the wider community, so that means you can back that up . What is the basis of your "fact" . On what basis have you understood the feelings of the wider BCFC community , and how their views differ to those expressed on the forum ? It would be interesting to know , if you have some detailed studies please share, as it would benefit the people on the forum I am sure. 

A complete witch hunt this thread and so childish bringing up the guys salary.

Just because he earns 500 grand or something doesn't mean we can poke fun at the fact he described the organisation he has been Chief Executive of for nearly 5 years as "Bristol". A perfectly innocent mistake, it's possible he hasn't seen any of our branding anywhere while being in charge of the club. It's not like we make a lot of it. 

I for one can't understand the need to pick on him. It's not the Chief Executive's job to be accountable for anything. There may be some people with broad shoulders who can deal with this sort of thing but that's hardly the poor CEO's job is it! If you have questions about the strategy please direct them to someone who's in charge of it.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

A complete witch hunt this thread and so childish bringing up the guys salary.

Just because he earns 500 grand or something doesn't mean we can poke fun at the fact he described the organisation he has been Chief Executive of for nearly 5 years as "Bristol". A perfectly innocent mistake, it's possible he hasn't seen any of our branding anywhere while being in charge of the club. It's not like we make a lot of it. 

I for one can't understand the need to pick on him. It's not the Chief Executive's job to be accountable for anything. There may be some people with broad shoulders who can deal with this sort of thing but that's hardly the poor CEO's job is it! If you have questions about the strategy please direct them to someone who's in charge of it.

Just as Father Ted explained to Father Dougal after Father Jack apologised to Bishop Brennan by saying  “I’m soooooo, sooooooo sorry”, now that’s sarcasm!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Roughly a before tax monthly income of £10k. It’s obviously a simplified way of looking at it, but you have to ponder the quality of manager an extra £10k per week (on top of the wage budget for Johnson/Holden) could bring in.. 

if he did his role extremely well I don’t think anyone would be too concerned Mr F

He could ‘earn himself’ that by properly managing recruitment alone 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Roughly a before tax monthly income of £10k. It’s obviously a simplified way of looking at it, but you have to ponder the quality of manager an extra £10k per week (on top of the wage budget for Johnson/Holden) could bring in.. 

who’s on £10k per month?

Archived