IGNORED

Vince Harper

Shuffle

Now probably clutching at straws here but could he come in as our left back. I appreciate that he’s 5th in line to the throne but hate the thought of no natural left footer in team and astounded we didn’t get a loan in. 

is there anyone who has watched him got an opinion as to whether he’s ready or not. The fact he’s not been training with the first team suggests he’s not rated but he’s 20 now & rapid from what I’ve read about him & just desperate to see some balance in team

Never seen him but there is probably a reason why he doesn't make the first team. He may have the technical ability but missing the head smarts to defend against experienced wingers. Much rather play someone out of position who has a defensive head on their shoulders than risk one of the youth getting turned inside out and getting subbed after 20 minutes.

20 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Now probably clutching at straws here but could he come in as our left back. I appreciate that he’s 5th in line to the throne but hate the thought of no natural left footer in team and astounded we didn’t get a loan in. 

is there anyone who has watched him got an opinion as to whether he’s ready or not. The fact he’s not been training with the first team suggests he’s not rated but he’s 20 now & rapid from what I’ve read about him & just desperate to see some balance in team

Watched Vince on a number of occasions....good positional awareness,,decent 'on the ball' ,,likes to 'get forward when possible & has pace!....

From what i pick up seems to have a great attitude - In my humble opinion will have a good career & would love to see him given a chance...

Although throwing him in against Brentford could be considered somewhat harsh!!...minutes from the bench maybe??

4 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Although throwing him in against Brentford could be considered somewhat harsh!!...minutes from the bench maybe??

Who was Vyner thrown in the deep end against? Remember him having a poor game which knocked his confidence? 

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

Who was Vyner thrown in the deep end against? Remember him having a poor game which knocked his confidence? 

I remember that game, but cannot remember the team we played! he hesitated on the edge of the box and before he knew it they had scored, looked like a rabbit in headlights that day, not anymore i am please to say!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Brighton was one of his early games where their game plan was get it to their left winger who beat him with ease. Really hard to watch at the time but certainly grown from all those experiences.

First start I think was Mk Dons away where he played really well

Yep, Jamie Murphy, speed merchant.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Brighton was one of his early games where their game plan was get it to their left winger who beat him with ease. Really hard to watch at the time but certainly grown from all those experiences.

First start I think was Mk Dons away where he played really well

I remember him looking totally lost at MK Dons. I doubted he had enough about his game after that day but just goes to show how young players can develop if given the time 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I didn't actually see that game so maybe cuz we won it led to some fans saying he looked better than he actually did

Yea I remember being sat in the stand directly behind him and he looked panicked and totally out of position every time it went near him. Much the same as Joe Bryan looked in his initial games. The same could be said of the majority of young players when they first get in the first team. Something lots should remember when they right-off Massengo etc. 

12 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Typical - Fev's beats me to it..................

That was the game when he looked very lost to me and was a bit culpable for one if not two of their goals...

But Brighton were flying then. so as said a very tough gig for one of your first games.

General feeling was that he did ok at MKD, but as you say Brighton were flying.  Probably got through first game on nerves and adrenaline, but a tough game a few days later was gonna be a tough ask.

22 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Is nurse up to the level though . He’s been playing league 2. Massive step up to the championship 

Perhaps not. Only one way to find out! Such a shame about Pring being injured though. I really think he would've been more than capable. 

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Perhaps not. Only one way to find out! Such a shame about Pring being injured though. I really think he would've been more than capable. 

Thanks. I’ve not watched either of them so wouldn’t have a clue . Pring obviously higher up the chain having played quite a few times Pompey . 

7 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I reported on the Under 23's today and he wasn't in the squad so I am assuming he will be in the 1st team squad for tomorrow's visit to Brentford. 

Williams played 60 and looked sharp and fit!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I reported on the Under 23's today and he wasn't in the squad so I am assuming he will be in the 1st team squad for tomorrow's visit to Brentford. 

Williams played 60 and looked sharp and fit!

Louis Britton not in squad today either....could he be travelling too?

Archived