IGNORED

Players that always score against us

ScottMurray'srightboot

John Toshack in the late 60s / early 70s. Marco Gabbiadini in the 90's. 1990 four in one game for Sunderland. The following season, just the one againsst City (for Derby).

However in 1994 / 95; again for Derby, at one point Marco Gabbiadini jinked his way past four defenders and walked the ball round Welch. As he pulled back his foot to score once more against City, Welch pivoted and plucked the ball from his foot.

By 2001, he had moved to Northants and failed to score 

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

David Kelly.  

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Steve Bull 

Scored 63% of his career goals against us

Both usually bagged at least a brace against us ? 

On the subject of Wolves forwards to score shedloads- David Connolly scored 4 (I think) in the infamous 6-1 defeat. Curiously he managed 6 in his loan spell at Molinuex, meaning 2/3s of his goals in gold were against us ?

27 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Both usually bagged at least a brace against us ? 

On the subject of Wolves forwards to score shedloads- David Connolly scored 4 (I think) in the infamous 6-1 defeat. Curiously he managed 6 in his loan spell at Molinuex, meaning 2/3s of his goals in gold were against us ?

Steve Bull scored his 100th, 101st & 102nd goals for Wolves in a 3-0 tonking of us in a Tuesday night LDV game at Molineux. I went up from Taunton with a Wolves fan and it was not a fun journey home!

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Steve Bull scored his 100th, 101st & 102nd goals for Wolves in a 3-0 tonking of us in a Tuesday night LDV game at Molineux. I went up from Taunton with a Wolves fan and it was not a fun journey home!

I’d have made the b**tard walk home ?

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

David Kelly.  

That first season of the playoffs, although not my first memory of city, sticks hard. I think I was 10. 

After beating Sheffield Utd over two legs (kids, in those days the 5th placed team played 3rd bottom from the division above), we had Walsall in the final. 3-1 down after leg one at Ashton, then, against all odds, won 2-0 at Fellows Park. No away goals so toss of a coin for home advantage on the one leg 3rd game. Fellows Park again. Lost 4-0. I’m damn sure Kelly was involved in each of the seven goals, not that I saw all of them as West Mids police decided to form a line in front of the City fans for 90 minutes and I couldn’t see past the buggers.

So, yeah, hate him.

8 hours ago, TDarwall said:

David Kelly.  

That made me shudder - Kelly didn’t just score against us, he pretty much annihilated us when playing against us for all his clubs - I was at all the matches when he notched hatricks for Walsall, Watford and Wolves against our heroes - he just had a knack of notching big against Bristol City - and it hurt ... ?

Archived